Judge drops some charges in Trump Georgia election interference case

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/southeast/judge-drops-some-charges-trump-georgia-election-interference-case/

The six charges dropped include two related to the phone call Trump made to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. In the call, Trump told Raffesnsperger: “All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have.”

McAfee explained his decision to dismiss the charges by saying “the lack of detail concerning an essential legal element is, in the undersigned’s opinion, fatal.”

• Thanks 1

Just now, CdnFox said:

McAfee explained his decision to dismiss the charges by saying “the lack of detail concerning an essential legal element is, in the undersigned’s opinion, fatal.”

This is the part that gets dems in trouble with the public.  To be fair - it's quite common for prosecutors to make up any old bullcrap, throw it and see what sticks but what the judge is saying here is "This is such made up bullcrap that there is no actual legal basis for  making this claim as you have made it and it's completely garbage" .

And fair enough - but the trump supporters and the mushy middle are going to hear "the dems made up fake charges about trump that even a judge said have no legal merit at all".

I think the dems thought the more charges the better even if some are nonsense but i don't think that's going to work in their favour

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

This is the part that gets dems in trouble with the public.  To be fair - it's quite common for prosecutors to make up any old bullcrap, throw it and see what sticks but what the judge is saying here is "This is such made up bullcrap that there is no actual legal basis for  making this claim as you have made it and it's completely garbage" .

And fair enough - but the trump supporters and the mushy middle are going to hear "the dems made up fake charges about trump that even a judge said have no legal merit at all".

I think the dems thought the more charges the better even if some are nonsense but i don't think that's going to work in their favour

The problem is that there's no repercussions for all this bullshit. At least not yet. It's not enough to just swat charges away, there needs to be consequences for this reckless behavior. 

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

The problem is that there's no repercussions for all this bullshit. At least not yet. It's not enough to just swat charges away, there needs to be consequences for this reckless behavior. 

Well sure there is  It's called November 5th.  :) 

But other than that, no.  But thats why there's judges, to sort the wheat from the chaff and i suspect that most of the remaining arguments are going to be hard fights for the prosecution as well.  But if it wasn't this way you could never bring charges - if you could only bring charges that were guaranteed to succeed we wouldn't need courts :)

What he's down to only 85 or 86 indictments? Oh Jeez that's a nothing burger!

Vote the demented rapist fraud in as President.

Yell louder, kick your arms and legs about. Show us you have even less than The Donald's no shame at all.

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Along with NBC, CNN, WashPo, NYT et al. 

Sure. Every source is "lying" when they disagree with FOS LIES which is the ONLY source that had to pay $800M penalty for LYING. 

Got to hand it to you, like Trump, you LIE with the sincerity of a CULT member.

You still don't understand that Trump is a CONMAN and YOU'VE been CONNED.

12 hours ago, herbie said:

What he's down to only 85 or 86 indictments? Oh Jeez that's a nothing burger!

Vote the demented rapist fraud in as President.

Yell louder, kick your arms and legs about. Show us you have even less than The Donald's no shame at all.