Canada to restore UNRWA funding as new terror evidence emerges (yes - we're funding terrorists again)

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/canada-to-restore-unrwa-funding-as-new-terror-evidence-emerges

New recordings show UNRWA teachers taking women hostages

“We have sabaya, I captured one!” Yousef al-Hawajara boasted to his friends on Oct. 7, 2023.

Sabaya is the term ISIS used for their captured women, the sex slaves they took from Yazidi settlements. In just-released recordings of some of the terrorists who took part in the Oct. 7 attacks, that word was being used to describe a young Israeli woman taken hostage.

It’s a troubling recording because al-Hawajara was a teacher at the UNRWA elementary school in Deir al-Balah school in Gaza. UNRWA, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, is an organization that Canada has funded and is about to fund again.

In fact, International Development Minister Ahmed Hussen was scheduled to make the announcement on Wednesday morning that Canada was restoring funding to UNRWA. A media advisory had gone out to announce the event in Mississauga featuring Canada’s United Nations Ambassador Bob Rae and the story of the restored funding had been carefully leaked to CBC, which of course made no mention of this new evidence.

That news conference was abruptly cancelled late Tuesday.

• Downvote 1

For those who may not remember - a couple months ago Justin announced that he was cancelling funding due to suspected terrorist activity!!! No money for terrorists!!   Except - he sent 3 months worth of payments at the last second in a final cheque just as he was announcing the 'freeze'.

Now - three months later he's about to restore funding to the terrorist group.

We have people starving at home and this guy is sending money to foreign people so they can take sex slaves. Hey - maybe some of our own people would like you to buy them a sex slave, ever think of that justin?

Yeash.  This guy is just a horrible person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You have to be the worst kind of loser to downvote someone just because they posted an article you don't like. What an unmitigated a**hole you are. The kind of loser who knows he's wrong and just wants to lash out at his betters.

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You have to be the worst kind of loser to downvote someone just because they posted an article you don't like. What an unmitigated a**hole you are. The kind of loser who knows he's wrong and just wants to lash out at his betters.

So, you must be a worst kind of loser for down-voting a discussion about military pay and housing with links to support  them? As you did in retort tpo my links because you have not rel response??? ?

Ahhh yesss  a little tit for tat and you go nuclear LOL

So predictable LOL

Or, as Mr AI says about you for your post....."It is unfortunate that some people engage in negative behavior online, without valid reasons or resorting to personal attacks. This conduct not only reflects poorly on them but also creates a toxic environment. It is essential to promote empathy, understanding, and respectful communication to foster a positive atmosphere in online discussions."

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

So, you must be a worst kind of loser for down-voting a discussion about military pay and housing with links to support  them?

Just repaying the favour :)  I have no problem down voting ALL your posts if you're going to just be a complete dick and encouraging others to as well. 

31 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

"It is unfortunate that some people engage in negative behavior online, without valid reasons or resorting to personal attacks. This conduct not only reflects poorly on them but also creates a toxic environment. It is essential to promote empathy, understanding, and respectful communication to foster a positive atmosphere in online discussions."

He was talking about you sparky :) you're the one who engaged in online attacks without cause

Typical cancel-culture lefty loser. Well i suppose it's kind of you to show that so everyone can see.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Just repaying the favour :)  I have no problem down voting ALL your posts if you're going to just be a complete dick and encouraging others to as well. 

He was talking about you sparky :) you're the one who engaged in online attacks without cause

Typical cancel-culture lefty loser. Well i suppose it's kind of you to show that so everyone can see.

It seems you are upset about a situation involving someone else and have chosen to respond in a similar manner. It is essential to maintain a positive and fair environment in online discussions. If you have any concerns or disagreements, addressing them with respect and understanding can lead to better communication and understanding. Clearly your responses have proven you are incapable of civility.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

It seems you are upset about a situation involving someone else and have chosen to respond in a similar manner. It is essential to maintain a positive and fair environment in online discussions. If you have any concerns or disagreements, addressing them with respect and understanding can lead to better communication and understanding. Clearly your responses have proven you are incapable of civility.

Awww - still sounds like he's talking to you little guy :)    But - remember i'm downvoting him, not you.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/canada-to-restore-unrwa-funding-as-new-terror-evidence-emerges

New recordings show UNRWA teachers taking women hostages

“We have sabaya, I captured one!” Yousef al-Hawajara boasted to his friends on Oct. 7, 2023

Sabaya is the term ISIS used for their captured women, the sex slaves they took from Yazidi settlements.

This also suggests there were actors that day who are representative of people who are not from Gaza and that other evidence suggests helped Hamas. 

It's been suggested the savagery of the attacks were tactical with the intent to provoke the harshest response possible. It has also been suggested Netanyahu's government allowed them to occur to take pressure off their political misfortunes. I see no reason to believe ordinary rational Gazans or Israelis would support the attacks or the response if they had the sort of transparency that might alert them to the even darker things that usually precede war criminality.

Speaking of which....

As much as I understand the need for the UN I'm not prepared to take any aspect of the organization including UNRWA without a big grain of salt. Not without taking into consideration the veto and influence of the super powers swirling around everything else that has to do with the UN and the conflict in the ME and surrounding region.

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

This also suggests there were actors that day who are representative of people who are not from Gaza and that other evidence suggests helped Hamas. 

I woudlnt' rule that out that's for sure.

It's been suggested the savagery of the attacks were tactical with the intent to provoke the harshest response possible. It has also been suggested Netanyahu's government allowed them to occur to take pressure off their political misfortunes. I see no reason to believe ordinary rational Gazans or Israelis would support the attacks or the response if they had the sort of transparency that might alert them to the even darker things that usually precede war criminality.

I haven't seen any actual evidence to support the first but it does have the ring of truth.

The second has been shot down pretty hard by the evidence. 

Speaking of which....

As much as I understand the need for the UN I'm not prepared to take any aspect of the organization including UNRWA without a big grain of salt. Not without taking into consideration the veto and influence of the super powers swirling around everything else that has to do with the UN and the conflict in the ME and surrounding region.

A rare occasion where we agree entirely.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Awww - still sounds like he's talking to you little guy :)    But - remember i'm downvoting him, not you.

I appreciate your support and understanding. It's important to remember that differing opinions are a natural part of discussions and debates, but it's kind to separate criticism of ideas from personal attacks. It is a shame you exude negativity.

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I'm sure  you do - it's pretty obvious you didn't get much of either growing up as a child from your parents.

Tsk Tsk Tsk

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way and and it's always indicative of the lack of attention you received from your parents.

You are such a loser with a losing argument trying to be relevant..... LOL

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Tsk Tsk Tsk

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way and and it's always indicative of the lack of attention you received from your parents.

LOL - that's all you've got? Parroting what i said back :) ?  

Tell me i was right without telling me :) 

LOL - and i'm relevant enough for you to keep posting to like a puppy desperate for attention AND for you to take the time to go find an AI bot, actually cut and paste things into it,  get a reply and then come back here and cut and paste the text.
THat's a lot of work for something you consider irrelevant :)   I speak to the computer for 10 seconds - that's the max effort i waste on you and i do it for the laughs :)  

LOL - sorry kiddo - obviously my approval and attention is hyper important to you :) 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - that's all you've got? Parroting what i said back :) ?  

Tell me i was right without telling me :) 

LOL - and i'm relevant enough for you to keep posting to like a puppy desperate for attention AND for you to take the time to go find an AI bot, actually cut and paste things into it,  get a reply and then come back here and cut and paste the text.
THat's a lot of work for something you consider irrelevant :)   I speak to the computer for 10 seconds - that's the max effort i waste on you and i do it for the laughs :)  

LOL - sorry kiddo - obviously my approval and attention is hyper important to you :) 

It seems you're enjoying engaging in this conversation, and I'm here to assist with your requests. While I understand your amusement, my role is to provide helpful information regardless of your inept attempt at superiority.

If you have any salient information or need assistance finding some, I'm here to support you.

• Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

It seems you're enjoying engaging in this conversation, and I'm here to assist with your requests. While I understand your amusement, my role is to provide helpful information regardless of your inept attempt at superiority.

If you have any salient information or need assistance finding some, I'm here to support you.

ROFLMAO ! :)     so now you're PRETENDING to be an Ai?!?   So -  you're so obsessed with me that you are going through the effort of trying to type what you think an AI would?

Or did you actually use an ai and then take the time on top of that to edit it :)    Let me guess - the AI actually said i was superior and you had to edit it?

Holy shit you're obsessed with me kid :)   Cant you get a friend in the real world?

• Downvote 1

Funny how the Sun reported that they had restored funding, yet every other source says they're considering it.

If they can't validate the Israeli claims, and UNWRA has addressed the issue there seems no reason not to restore funding.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

ROFLMAO ! :)     so now you're PRETENDING to be an Ai?!?   So -  you're so obsessed with me that you are going through the effort of trying to type what you think an AI would?

Or did you actually use an ai and then take the time on top of that to edit it :)    Let me guess - the AI actually said i was superior and you had to edit it?

Holy shit you're obsessed with me kid :)   Cant you get a friend in the real world?

It appears you're projecting your thoughts onto this AI response system. It's designed to assist with care, respect, and truth, and its purpose is to provide helpful information. It's not meant to be obsessed with anyone, including yourself. If you're looking for genuine connection and companionship, consider reaching out to friends or engaging in activities that foster meaningful relationships.

Obsessed? Hardly, just watching you trying to argue with a computer response and losing at it. How sad of an  individual you are LOL

Oh and I have many friends, not including losers like you.  Arguing with AI, how sad you are. You will never beat AI LOL.  You  trying to insult an AI response. You are clearly the King of the losers  LOL

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/7/2024 at 4:03 PM, herbie said:

Funny how the Sun reported that they had restored funding, yet every other source says they're considering it.

If they can't validate the Israeli claims, and UNWRA has addressed the issue there seems no reason not to restore funding.

The UNRWA should not even exist. It has probably helped to prolong this generations long crisis. The Palestinians are the only people on Earth who are still considered 'refugees' while sitting on their own land three generations after a conflict. Nobody considers the descendants of the million Jews expelled from the surrounding Arab countries as refugees. You know why? Because they were taken in by Israel and given citizenship.

• Like 1

So they decided to restore funding YESTERDAY not a week ago. So did others, Sweden for example.

Seeing we don't have hundreds of cargo planes and can't do a WKRP frozen turkey airdrop like the USA, it's the simplest way to get food to people that are starving.
Unless you're saying we shouldn't send food to starving people....

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 1:03 PM, herbie said:

Every other source like the CBC?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-unrwa-funding-confirmed-1.7137991

Jeez herbie. At least TRY not to look stupid.

In any case giving money to people who harbour terrorists like that is unacceptable.  And considering he sent them a big cheque just as he was 'suspending' payments he obviously has no problem with funding criminals.

4 hours ago, herbie said:

So they decided to restore funding YESTERDAY not a week ago. So did others, Sweden for example.

No, herbie, they decided a week ago. They confirmed it yesterday.  FFS.

5 hours ago, I am Groot said:

The UNRWA should not even exist. It has probably helped to prolong this generations long crisis. The Palestinians are the only people on Earth who are still considered 'refugees' while sitting on their own land three generations after a conflict. Nobody considers the descendants of the million Jews expelled from the surrounding Arab countries as refugees. You know why? Because they were taken in by Israel and given citizenship.

Exactly.  And they're hardly the first peoples' to go through this, but they're one of a handful who simply refuse to sit down and make a new and prosperous life for themselves

Instead the palestinians dig up water pipes needed to supply water to their people and make them into rockets to shoot at people they KNOW will come and kick their asses.  Then they hide behind their kids and watch them die while thanking allah for the chance.

They need to be completely cut off and either get serious and survive on their own or die.

On 3/7/2024 at 5:03 PM, herbie said:

Follow me for a second , Hamas is in charge of the Gaza strip, they control everything in Gaza.. where do you think this funding is going...are you that naive to think it is going to the people...Hamas controls everything ...

16 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Follow me for a second , Hamas is in charge of the Gaza strip, they control everything in Gaza.. where do you think this funding is going...are you that naive to think it is going to the people...Hamas controls everything ...

And while i have no actual proof to offer i suspect after so many years of propaganda there's a surprising number of palestians who'd be willing to starve to 'support the war of eradication against the jews"  and won't complain.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Follow me for a second , Hamas is in charge of the Gaza strip, they control everything in Gaza.. where do you think this funding is going...are you that naive to think it is going to the people...Hamas controls everything .

Including the shit dropped by parachute. That's why we're sending food and medicine and not handing cash to Hamas to buy more rockets.

(they're probably stealing the food and selling it to buy guns anyways)