Biden continues to put money in peoples pockets... that the GOP would NEVER do.

more stark evidence that the GOP just runs on about silly social conservative garbage... "WOKE", whatever that means... the thing that has no definition but somehow is destroying a nation. but mostly is a front for racism and homophobia. meanwhile, the GOP ensure the rich keep getting richer and everybody else gets poor.

unless Democrats are in power.

Biden touts $10B boost for consumers as CFPB slashes credit card fees

the GOP and Trump NEVER advance policies like this.

Tax Cuts and Jobs Act

"The Act is based on tax reform advocated by congressional Republicans and the Trump administration.[7] The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) reported that under the Act individuals and pass-through entities like partnerships and S corporations would receive about $1.125 trillion in net benefits (i.e. net tax cuts offset by reduced healthcare subsidies) over 10 years, while corporations would receive around $320 billion in benefits. The CBO estimated that implementing the Act would add an estimated $2.289 trillion to the national debt over ten years,[8] or about $1.891 trillion after taking into account macroeconomic feedback effects, in addition to the $9.8 trillion increase forecast under the current policy baseline and existing $20 trillion national debt."

Edited by godzilla

2 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

Biden making being a deadbeat easier again.

He's making it easier for america to go into debt. And it creates a number of problems.

Well the problem is things like that ALWAYS leads to inflation . Which is how he got into the inflation problem they had in the first place

It also raises debt and then some day interest goes up to fight inflation or someone lets the banks charge more - meanwhile young people have a hard time getting credit.

Do you remember the last time the democrats made it easy for people to do into debt? That lead to the great housing bubble and the financial crash of 2009. l

He's hoping the timing works out - people will get the money and think they're doing better and inflation won't really kick in till after november, and he'll have either won by then or it'll be trump's problem.

13 hours ago, godzilla said:

more stark evidence that the GOP just runs on about silly social conservative garbage... "WOKE", whatever that means... the thing that has no definition but somehow is destroying a nation. but mostly is a front for racism and homophobia. meanwhile, the GOP ensure the rich keep getting richer and everybody else gets poor.

unless Democrats are in power.

Biden touts $10B boost for consumers as CFPB slashes credit card fees

the GOP and Trump NEVER advance policies like this.

Tax Cuts and Jobs Act

"The Act is based on tax reform advocated by congressional Republicans and the Trump administration.[7] The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) reported that under the Act individuals and pass-through entities like partnerships and S corporations would receive about $1.125 trillion in net benefits (i.e. net tax cuts offset by reduced healthcare subsidies) over 10 years, while corporations would receive around $320 billion in benefits. The CBO estimated that implementing the Act would add an estimated $2.289 trillion to the national debt over ten years,[8] or about $1.891 trillion after taking into account macroeconomic feedback effects, in addition to the $9.8 trillion increase forecast under the current policy baseline and existing $20 trillion national debt."

So Biden is buying more votes. 

BTW we will just print the $10B right? 

Edited by Yakuda
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, godzilla said:

more stark evidence that the GOP just runs on about silly social conservative garbage... "WOKE",https://www.lawhelpny.org/resource/benefits-for-undocumented-immigrants

Here's some more WOKENESS for ya. ;)

Immigrants who have just arrived in New York may be eligible for public benefits that provide money and medical care, including:

Cash Assistance provides you with some money twice a month so you can buy things you need, like toiletries and clothes.

Medicaid pays for your medical care, like going to the doctor or getting medications.

WIC helps women, infants and children buy things they need, like formula or cereal.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR CASH ASSISTANCE, MEDICAID, AND WIC IN NEW YORK?

You do NOT need to be a US citizen or have status to receive these benefits.

Applying for WIC and Medicaid should NOT harm your immigration status and applying for cash assistance will not automatically deem you a “public charge".

The “public charge” rule does not apply to asylees, refugees, VAWA self-petitioners, U-visa and T-visa holders; special immigrant juveniles; and certain individuals paroled into the U.S.

Most immigrants do not even qualify for public benefits that make a person a “public charge.”

https://www.lawhelpny.org/resource/benefits-for-undocumented-immigrants

Here's a real plum of WOKENESS. ;)

Know Your Rights: Immigrants Are Eligible for Public Benefits

https://www.legalservicesnyc.org/what-we-do/practice-areas-and-projects/government-benefits/know-your-rights-immigrants-are-eligible-for-benefit-programs

• Like 1

WOKENESS, at it again. ;)

Immigrant Eligibility FAQ

I am undocumented, can I apply for benefits for myself and my family?

Yes, everyone has the right to apply for our services.

What HRA services do immigrants qualify for?

You do not have to be a citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident to be eligible for services. You may be eligible if you have another immigration status. Undocumented immigrants may be eligible for certain benefits and can also apply on behalf of their children. See our Community Guide to Public Benefits for Immigrants for additional information.
English | Spanish | Arabic Bengali | Chinese | Haitian Creole | Korean | Russian | Urdu

Does HRA share information with federal immigration authorities?

HRA will not report your personal information to anyone, except if required by law. NYC Executive Order 41 protects the confidentiality of anyone seeking City services. HRA will only ask for your immigration status if it is required to determine eligibility or if it is required by law.

I'm an immigrant, will receiving services affect my immigration case?

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) states that receiving:

• The Supplemental Nutrition Program (formerly known as food stamps) or other food assistance and health care benefits, including Medicaid, will not affect your immigration case.
  • Cash assistance, SSI and long-term care in a nursing home or another institution may or may not affect your immigration case, depending on your situation.

For information about your particular immigration case we recommend that you consult an immigration lawyer.

If I am receiving social services benefits, can I receive HRA documentation to qualify for a USCIS fee waiver?

Yes, HRA clients can receive an HRA budget letter to use when applying for a USCIS fee waiver. Clients receiving cash assistance, SNAP benefits, or Medicaid should call the DSS OneNumber at 718-557-1399.

How can I get a historical record letter from HRA to support my application for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status?

To request historical record letter, contact the DSS OneNumber at 718-557-1399.

I don’t speak English well. Are there any services available to help?

Free interpretation services are available at all City agencies, including HRA. Federal, state and local laws protect your right to get services even if you do not speak English well.
HRA offers a variety of free language services:

1. Interpretation services over the phone at HRA sites.
  2. Bilingual staff may interpret where possible.
  3. Face-to-face interpreters may be arranged in some instances
  4. Translated documents: HRA-developed documents are translated into six languages (Arabic, Chinese, Haitian-Creole, Korean, Russian and Spanish), as required by Local Law 73.

What do I do if I have an issue at an HRA office and my worker or the manager is not able to help me? How do I make a complaint?

For additional support with your case, please call the DSS OneNumber at 718-557-1399. To file a complaint against the Agency, please contact 311. Filing a complaint will not affect your case.

https://www.nyc.gov/site/hra/about/immigration-faqs.page

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CdnFox said:

He's making it easier for america to go into debt. And it creates a number of problems.

Well the problem is things like that ALWAYS leads to inflation . Which is how he got into the inflation problem they had in the first place

It also raises debt and then some day interest goes up to fight inflation or someone lets the banks charge more - meanwhile young people have a hard time getting credit.

Do you remember the last time the democrats made it easy for people to do into debt? That lead to the great housing bubble and the financial crash of 2009. l

He's hoping the timing works out - people will get the money and think they're doing better and inflation won't really kick in till after november, and he'll have either won by then or it'll be trump's problem.

hmmm.. yeah, except that Bush was in office the whole time the sub-prime mortgage thing was playing out!

feel free to point out US economic policy that directly caused the recent spike in inflation.. you can't do it. the feds were on it as soon as it started. the problem was the international COVID restrictions and subsequent price gouging from pent up consumer demand.

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

hmmm.. yeah, except that Bush was in office the whole time the sub-prime mortgage thing was playing out!

Oh dear :)   I sense a different bubble about to be burst :)

Sorry Godzilla - here's the fast history there.  The dems brought in the rules that created the housing bubble. Clinton actually realized what a mistake it was pretty quick but his own party turned on him over it - "Everyone deserves a home, american dream yadda yadda".   When bush got in he tried numerous times to slam the breaks on it and spoke of the dangers but the dems had enough control of the house and or senate to block any changes.

The bubble burst that lead to the recession was 100 percent entirely completely and lock stock and two smoking barrels the fault of the democrats, and not even ALL democrats as some like clinton realized what they'd done.

And it was entirely a result of making it much easier for people to get the credit to buy a home.

22 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Its not the Democrats that make the laws raising Corporate Greed...that's pure Republicanism. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Oh dear :)   I sense a different bubble about to be burst :)

Sorry Godzilla - here's the fast history there.  The dems brought in the rules that created the housing bubble. Clinton actually realized what a mistake it was pretty quick but his own party turned on him over it - "Everyone deserves a home, american dream yadda yadda".   When bush got in he tried numerous times to slam the breaks on it and spoke of the dangers but the dems had enough control of the house and or senate to block any changes.

The bubble burst that lead to the recession was 100 percent entirely completely and lock stock and two smoking barrels the fault of the democrats, and not even ALL democrats as some like clinton realized what they'd done.

And it was entirely a result of making it much easier for people to get the credit to buy a home.

i'll give you that Clinton started it... without the proper regulation to control it. Bush signed Sarbanes-Oxley but then William Donaldson resigned because Bush was actually a "deregulation" junkie and refused to interfere with hedge funds and the banks that supplied the cash to make it work. everyone was making money! at least Clintons heart was in the right place (and thinking with his d!ck). Bush... well, we all know he doesn't actually have a heart.

and then Trump went and loosened Dodd-Frank... and several banks immediately failed.

the GOP is all about Laissez-faire economics. period. end of discussion. its what they live for... big money rules the day and should never be prevented from doing what they want to do. and when it fails then the public should be there to bail them out. privatize profits and socialize losses!

Edited by godzilla

2 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Its not the Democrats that make the laws raising Corporate Greed...

It's the democrats that make the laws selling the middle class and poor into worse poverty.  Not the republicans.

Which is a step up from the days where they passed the laws to sell people into slavery. So - baby steps.

11 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Its not the Democrats that make the laws raising Corporate Greed...that's pure Republicanism. 

Democrats just want to take our money and put it in the illegal aliens' pockets. 

On 3/5/2024 at 3:55 PM, godzilla said:

more stark evidence that the GOP just runs on about silly social conservative garbage... "WOKE", whatever that means... the thing that has no definition but somehow is destroying a nation. but mostly is a front for racism and homophobia.

So what govzilla's saying here is that borders are racist and should be completely wiped out. 

Thank you, shitheads, but I think we'll continue with immigration enforcement and voting your asses out of office. ;) 

5 minutes ago, Deluge said:

So what govzilla's saying here is that borders are racist and should be completely wiped out. 

Thank you, shitheads, but I think we'll continue with immigration enforcement and voting your asses out of office. ;) 

You can't exaggerate how stupid leftists are. 

1 minute ago, Yakuda said:

You can't exaggerate how stupid leftists are. 

True story.

Their persistence is the glue to this madness, so it'll never really stop until the citizenry comes together and neutralizes it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deluge said:

True story.

Their persistence is the glue to this madness, so it'll never really stop until the citizenry comes together and neutralizes it. 

I think you're right. They won't stop unless they are stopped. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, godzilla said:

i'll give you that Clinton started it... without the proper regulation to control it.

Clinton may have started it but the dems tripled down on it. It only happened because of the democrats and it was NOT a 'lack of regulation' that was the problem - quite the opposite.  They basically regulated that people who did not qualify for homes WOULD be given financing anyway.  They Interfered in the market and that was the result. 

Period end of story.

Bush tried to resolve that but the dems would not go for it. So who has no heart? Everyone could see the bubble building and it was talked about and bush talked about it but the dems did not care.  IN the HOLY NAME OF SOCIAL JUSTICE (angels singing in background) WE SHALL NOT COMPROMISE ON OUR DREAM OF EVERY PERSON HAVING A HOUSE!! EQUALITY!!!!

They're hearts weren't in the right place at all.  They didn't care about the people or they'd have agreed to steps to protect them.

They wanted to virtue signal and PRETEND they cared because they thought it would get them votes. And in the end the poorest people suffered the most which is how ALL these stupid woke social experiments end.

Of course the republicans believe in an open market with less gov't interference.  And if the dems had believed in that then the great recession would never have happened.

You need some regulation to keep the market balanced but other than that the free market has been the greatest source of wealth generation and lifted more people out of poverty than any system in the history of man.

If you care about poorer people - you're on the wrong side kid.

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

It's the democrats that make the laws selling the middle class and poor into worse poverty.  Not the republicans.

Which is a step up from the days where they passed the laws to sell people into slavery. So - baby steps.

It us NOT the Democrats doing what you claim, that is a Republican action. The Dems are into social prigrams, Samsung the minimum wage forvexample...that recent jump in wages was not a Republican stance nor were they happy it came to the Floor to be voted in after several years foot dragging, outright stalling, and through Marjorie Taylor Greene outright refusal to even.let it be discussed until finally Mitch McConnell working with other senior Republicans forced her to back off and let it oass!  Oh and lets not have Donald claiming he lowered taxes eitger, in fact he raised them by pushing through tax write offs for the uber rich which acted to add more to everyone else's bottom line in costs of living!   The Republicans raises taxes, the Democrats lower them. 

Just now, Caswell Thomas said:

It us NOT the Democrats doing what you claim, that is a Republican action. The Dems are into social prigrams, Samsung the minimum wage forvexample...that recent jump in wages was not a Republican stance nor were they happy it came to the Floor to be voted in after several years foot dragging, outright stalling, and through Marjorie Taylor Greene outright refusal to even.let it be discussed until finally Mitch McConnell working with other senior Republicans forced her to back off and let it oass!  Oh and lets not have Donald claiming he lowered taxes eitger, in fact he raised them by pushing through tax write offs for the uber rich which acted to add more to everyone else's bottom line in costs of living!   The Republicans raises taxes, the Democrats lower them. 

How in the Hell "take the minimum wage firvexample" get changed to"  Samsung the minimum wage"!!!! Who the hell is altering b what I write and post here!   Is that you Donald?seems like something your child mind would do.