Evidence of COVID-19 being created in a Chinese lab has reached “smoking gun” levels : Professor

https://torontosun.com/news/world/covid-19-may-have-been-created-by-scientists-in-wuhan-lab-professor

COVID-19 may have been created by scientists in Wuhan lab: Professor

A professor in the U.S. suggests that evidence of COVID-19 being created in a Chinese lab has reached “smoking gun” levels. Richard H. Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University, told the Wall Street Journal’s Nicholas Wade that the coronavirus may have actually been created in China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology.

He used a 2018 document from the lab as evidence that referenced making such a virus.

“(The document) elevates the evidence provided by the genome sequence from the level of noteworthy to the level of a smoking gun,” Ebright claimed, according to the WSJ.

Drafts and notes from the papers mention a grant proposal called Project DEFUSE, which detailed how to engineer bat coronaviruses to make them more transmissible.

The proposal was rejected and the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency denied it funding. However, it was suggested that Wuhan researchers could have continued the work if the Chinese government backed the project.

Remember how if you even dared suggest this was possible you were a horrible racist and it was all a 'right wing conspiracy theory'? 

• Like 3

What we also need to know is what exactly were the two Chinese scientists doing in the Winnipeg virology lab, what information did they transfer to China, and why were they fired.   

In fact, the bigger question is why were they even allowed to work there?

Seems to me that some deadly viruses were also transferred from the Winnipeg lab to the virology lab in China around that time.  This was four years ago in 2019 and apparently some report was finally released but obviously it is not going to explain very much.  Everything is kept hidden ostensibly for "national security" reasons.  

But Canadians have a right to know what is going on.  Why was Canada involved in some dealings with China in the first place?  This still has not been explained by the government.   Wasn't this also at the time China was holding the two Michaels in prison?

It is also believed that Covid 19 began in Wuhan, China.  Is it a coincidence that Covid started where the virology lab is located or was it deliberately started in that lab?  

"

TORONTO -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Health Canada will ensure that all masks and medical equipment arriving from China will be properly evaluated, after reports that the Dutch government recalled over 600,000 faulty masks imported from the country.

Speaking to reporters outside of his home in Ottawa Sunday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Canada will be receiving additional medical supplies from China “in the coming days,” noting that Health Canada will evaluate the equipment.

“I can assure people that Health Canada has very strong procedures for evaluating that what we get is up to the necessary standards and that there will be no corners cut on this,” Trudeau said.

His remarks come after reports that Dutch officials recalled more than half a million face masks imported from China after discovering they were faulty."

Trudeau vows 'no corners cut' in accepting masks, other supplies from China | CTV News

Seems to me the Liberal government was extremely naive in its dealings with China and did not see any kind of threat.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, CdnFox said:

“(The document) elevates the evidence provided by the genome sequence from the level of noteworthy to the level of a smoking gun,” Ebright claimed, according to the WSJ.

Drafts and notes from the papers mention a grant proposal called Project DEFUSE, which detailed how to engineer bat coronaviruses to make them more transmissible.

The proposal was rejected and the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency denied it funding. However, it was suggested that Wuhan researchers could have continued the work if the Chinese government backed the project.

This just looks like cover for Fauci IMO.

I'm 99% sure that the NiH funded a project that "made the bat coronavirus more transmissible among humans", and Fauci's argument was that increasing the transmissibility didn't constitute G0F research". 

Him and Rand Paul had a big go-round in congress about that.

Remember how if you even dared suggest this was possible you were a horrible racist and it was all a 'right wing conspiracy theory'? 

People were banned from FB and Twitter for talking about the BSL4 lab.

Twitter and FB were part of the Trusted News Initiative, and all of the members of TNI were only talking about the wetmarket theory back then. 

If you go back to the very earliest days of covid here I remember posting that coronavirus only leaked out about 6 months after Trump started crowing that he basically 'won a trade war with China' or whatever. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

TORONTO -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Health Canada will ensure that all masks and medical equipment arriving from China will be properly evaluated, after reports that the Dutch government recalled over 600,000 faulty masks imported from the country.

Speaking to reporters outside of his home in Ottawa Sunday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Canada will be receiving additional medical supplies from China “in the coming days,” noting that Health Canada will evaluate the equipment.

“I can assure people that Health Canada has very strong procedures for evaluating that what we get is up to the necessary standards and that there will be no corners cut on this,” Trudeau said.

His remarks come after reports that Dutch officials recalled more than half a million face masks imported from China after discovering they were faulty."

Trudeau vows 'no corners cut' in accepting masks, other supplies from China | CTV News

Seems to me the Liberal government was extremely naive in its dealings with China and did not see any kind of threat.

Our Lib gov't - aka Emperor Trudeau - actually shipped several tons of our own PPE over to China at the start of the pandemic and we got nothing back.

For some reason it made sense to ship it over there at that point, because somehow they needed it, even though we were telling people here NOT to wear masks of any kind🤣

If people weren't supposed to be wearing masks then why did China need ours? Makes a lot of sense, right? 🤔

Trudeau was also saying "We don't believe that covid will affect Canadians very much" back in those days.

Then we left our airports open for flights from China until March 16th, and by April 8th British Columbians weren't allowed to walk outside in our provincial parks. There were biohazard signs up there. 

https://www.biv.com/news/hospitality-marketing-tourism/covid-19-shuts-down-bc-parks-including-pinecone-burke-8259651

• COVID-19 shuts down B.C. parks, including Pinecone Burke

Our covid fight here was a really bad joke. Literally everything that we did was 100% wrong, every single time. 

Our MSM just said: "BUT TWUMPY!!!!!!!!" over and over again.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://torontosun.com/news/world/covid-19-may-have-been-created-by-scientists-in-wuhan-lab-professor

COVID-19 may have been created by scientists in Wuhan lab: Professor

A professor in the U.S. suggests that evidence of COVID-19 being created in a Chinese lab has reached “smoking gun” levels. Richard H. Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University, told the Wall Street Journal’s Nicholas Wade that the coronavirus may have actually been created in China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology.

He used a 2018 document from the lab as evidence that referenced making such a virus.

Actually, 'The Intercept' published these proposals as far back as Sept. 2021, and the U.S. government did in fact help fund the Wuhan lab's gain of function research albeit through 3rd parties (which Fauci allegedly played some role in). Basically it works like this.... the 'furin cleavage site' allows the coronavirus to bind to a human cell. Gain of function research allows it to bind to the cell more efficiently making it more transmissible and likely more lethal. When the genetic sequence was analyzed, they found a sequence pertaining to the furin cleavage site which exists no where else in nature, and that a number of virologists believed was man-made. So this proposal comes out in 2018 and covid-19 materializes out of no where in 2019. Coincidence or just bullshit conspiracy theory? Regardless of what anyone calls it, I'll stick with the latter.

• Like 2

In this video Rand Paul accuses Fauci of signing off on funding for "gain of function research" on the coronavirus, and Fauci's reply isn't "We didn't fund anything", and his reason was that "increasing transmissibility doesn't constitute GoF research." 

Fauci absolutely signed off on funding for research to increase the transmissibility of covid among humans, and it was long before he went on TV to say that "covid came from the Wuhan wetmarket". It's the biggest conflict of interest speech in the history of mankind. 

None of this was tough to figure out. I could have run that shitshow better myself and I only got about 67% on Gr 12 biology (awful subject - all memorization of parts of cells, body parts, etc. Boring AF).

Our media, our PM and our public health system were all part of a gigantic farce and Canadians were victimized by them.

Just now, eyeball said:

Who cares where it came from - Big Pharma, Big Bioweapons  Big Boo Boo...?

Your leftie buddies sure did :)  It was a HUGE deal  to make sure it was NOT tied to the lab.  That was for numerous political reasons. Anyone who dared suggest it came from the (partly us funded) lab  was a  dirty RRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrRRRrrRRRACCIST!!!!!!!

And it shouldn't require more than 3 brain cells to figure out that knowing how a virus that shut the world down came into being to help better undrestand for the future.  Apparently tho you can't see ANNMMY reason why we might want to know.

Right, mr 'accountability'? Pfffft!

18 hours ago, CdnFox said:

And it shouldn't require more than 3 brain cells to figure out that knowing how a virus that shut the world down came into being to help better undrestand for the future.

Sure, we've know forever that governments are sneaky.

How's that working out for you by the way?

🙄

22 hours ago, eyeball said:

We still had to deal with it.

Oh, but there's also this Big Conspiracy going on.

Okay so, deal with it.

A lot of shit happens that the world has to deal with. Wars, pandemics, genocides etc.  And normally, those who are responsible are held accountable. But as far as you're concerned...not in this case. So why is that???

Edited by suds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Sure, we've know forever that governments are sneaky.

What's that got to do with anything? Or are you just trying to cover up for your buddy justin and the lying left again?

Or is this you realizing what you said was stupid and you're trying to distract?

It's not the gov't that's the problem - it's people like you who refuse to hold them accountable when we do discover they've done something wrong. 

In this case the problem was the left wing media and the leftist supporters who tried to cover the actions of their people who claimed it was 'racist' to say gov'ts might be sneaky.

so for a guy who claims to be all about transparancy and accountability you sure hate it the moment it's the left that's keeping the secrets

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, suds said:

A lot of shit happens that the world has to deal with.  And normally, those who are responsible are held accountable. But as far as you're concerned...not in this case. So why is that???

well that's the million dollar question.  Eyeball claims to be COMPLETELY concerned with transparency and accountability - right up till it involves a political group he approves of.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, suds said:

A lot of shit happens that the world has to deal with. Wars, pandemics, genocides etc. And normally, those who are responsible are held accountable. But as far as you're concerned...not in this case. So why is that???

I never said no one should be held accountable. You've been listening to dinglenuts haven't you?

I have a very long long record around here of suggesting that politicians wear cameras to get around the fact they do everything they possibly can to avoid accountability. Now I understand it's vitally important for conservatives to believe and give every impression that right wing governments and politicians are as pure as the driven snow and utterly honest to every tee but...seriously?

In any case, and even if SARS-CoV was cooked up in a lab we still had to deal with it. That's why I said who cares where it came from.

I get the sense this notion it was engineered is somehow intended to add something to the weight of certainty there was no need to do anything about something that was only killing old farts.

23 hours ago, eyeball said:

We still had to deal with it.

Oh, but there's also this Big Conspiracy going on.

Okay so, deal with it.

We were lied to 1,000 times, but I didn't say it was a conspiracy.

TNI, the media cabal, is real, and they're a huge problem.

38 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I never said no one should be held accountable. You've been listening to dinglenuts haven't you?

That's true - you always say CONSERVATIVE politicians should be accountable. Just not left wing politicians.

I take it dinglenuts is your preferred pronoun? :) 

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

In any case, and even if SARS-CoV was cooked up in a lab we still had to deal with it. That's why I said who cares where it came from.

Ok, and to a large extent... it's been dealt with. So let's wash our hands of it and move on. And when the next pandemic comes along (which one will) we'll just play it by ear. After all, we can't embarrass foreign governments and there's nothing to be learned from this one. If that's your plan... it's not a very good one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

That's true - you always say CONSERVATIVE politicians should be accountable. Just not left wing politicians.

Cite.

In fact, the best reason for keeping our politicians under our surveillance is to protect your investment in them.  The last thing I want to see is the party I elect, campaign for, donate too, or scrutineer for getting bogged down in some stupid picayune scandal so we end up with someone I don't support running the government instead.

I guess partisans don't get this because they don't want to rob their guy of the opportunity to fill their boots when it's their turn. In any case you can bet it's the very last thing a lobbyist would like to see happen.

But of course I'm only lying and I actually mean the exact opposite of what I just wrote.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Cite.

Every time it comes up :)  Including here.  Scroll up to where it was harper's fault justin misbehaved again :) 

In fact, the best reason for keeping our politicians under our surveillance is to protect your investment in them. 

If you mean people like the aga khan or SNC or china then sure.  In your case you don't care as long as it's a left wing gov't so it doesn't apply.

I guess partisans don't get this because they don't want to rob their guy of the opportunity to fill their boots when it's their turn.

I would never try to guess your motivations.

All i can say is you have repeatedly blamed harper for justin's behavior, you have repeatedly disagreed to the point of anger that the voters should hold justin accountable for what he did,  and your entire stick is that conservatives have failed at transperency and the libs and dips are just fine.

But hell - you've been telling people that for decades now , right? In fact the first time you brought it up was 200 years  ago 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, suds said:

Ok, and to a large extent... it's been dealt with. So let's wash our hands of it and move on. And when the next pandemic comes along (which one will) we'll just play it by ear. After all, we can't embarrass foreign governments and there's nothing to be learned from this one. If that's your plan... it's not a very good one.

My plan is that politicians wear cameras, for much the same reason we ask police to.

I think a deeper penetrating monitoring of politicians would go a long way to help dispel much of the misinformation and conspiracies that people turned. Misinformation, especially about vaccines caused thousands of preventable deaths and hospitalizations.

Unfortunately COVID hit when we were experiencing just about the highest levels of public mistrust in decades if not ever...and then it worsened. You'd rather go into the next pandemic like that?

Edited by eyeball

25 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Scroll up to where it was harper's fault justin misbehaved again

Why don't you so we know what you're babbling about.

Trudeau is the only one responsible for his own misbehavior. Nobody forced him.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Why don't you so we know what you're babbling about.

Ok - i scrolled up and saw where you said it was harper's fault.

Not sure how that helped you. You're not terribly smart are you ;) 

44 minutes ago, eyeball said:

My plan is that politicians wear cameras, for much the same reason we ask police to.

So that if the PM tells cops to trample peaceful protesters and to beat them up after they surrender peacefully on their knees, we can catch them in the act?

So that he can live stream to people at the Surf and Reconciliation Day ceremony if he's too busy to make it?

You're ahead of your time eyeball. You were saying this before Trudeau became PM and it was never necessary before then.