Another Liberal Program Fail: Daycare

Why is it a fail if the child care providers do not want to join the program or accept the pay that is being offered when they can make more elsewhere?

Like doctors shortage (in family doctors only), you cannot force people to work at or where or when the government or anyone else but themselves decide.

All sorts of programs out there but you cannot force anyone to accept them if they do not want to .

So, I do not see it as a failure, I see it as a stupid appease a few program. Same will happen with dental and pharmacare. You cannot force businesses like dentists to take less and you certainly cannot tell pharmaceutical companies to reduce profits.

But you can get them to take some for less so long as it doesn't cut their main source of revenue but adds to it.
Just as employers could solve some staffing issues if they provided daycare at worksites. I mean they've celebrated the TWO or THREE that do for decades now.

Add on to that having no daycare program would be one hell of a step backwards. Just as no dental and pharmacare program would be. I mean some of you think having having the "freedumb" to choose to go without daycare, dental and access to medicine is good ?

Edited by herbie

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Why is it a fail if the child care providers do not want to join the program or accept the pay that is being offered when they can make more elsewhere?

Like doctors shortage (in family doctors only), you cannot force people to work at or where or when the government or anyone else but themselves decide.

All sorts of programs out there but you cannot force anyone to accept them if they do not want to .

So, I do not see it as a failure, I see it as a stupid appease a few program. Same will happen with dental and pharmacare. You cannot force businesses like dentists to take less and you certainly cannot tell pharmaceutical companies to reduce profits.

Oh look, you're defending trudeau again in a thread i'm not in. It must just be a joke on your part right :P  Liar.

And the simple answer is that if the program is designed in such a way that people won't participate it's a failure.

There WAS daycare - now after the liberals there's LESS day care. That would be a failure.

On 2/18/2024 at 4:58 PM, CdnFox said:

Oh look, you're defending trudeau again in a thread i'm not in. It must just be a joke on your part right :P  Liar.

And the simple answer is that if the program is designed in such a way that people won't participate it's a failure.

There WAS daycare - now after the liberals there's LESS day care. That would be a failure.

How?

The $10 daycare was doomed to fail form the get go.

How could anyone even think that day care centres would take less to do the same thing??

This was a play to the NDP solution knowing full well it would fail...just like dental care and pharma care will.

I cannot believe you are such a dolt (well, yes I can LOL) and it does please me to see that others are also seeing you as a first class a$$hole.

17 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

How?

You're blaming the people rather than the poorly designed program.  It's not that the program is bad according to you, its that the people are the problem, you can't force them to use it. It's not that justin put out a bad program its the people, you see  :)

And my point is that if you put out a system that nobody will/can/wants to use then the problem is the system not the people.  That's a bad design and a waste of money.

The $10 daycare was doomed to fail form the get go.

How could anyone even think that day care centres would take less to do the same thing??

So it would seem.

This was a play to the NDP solution knowing full well it would fail...just like dental care and pharma care will.

It's hard to say - maybe they legit thought it could work at some point, maybe they just wanted to buy time.  but  either way it's turned out to be a failure of a program.

I cannot believe you are such a dolt (well, yes I can LOL) and it does please me to see that others are also seeing you as a first class a$$hole.

Just the stupid people :)