Poll Shows Canadian Immigration Attitudes Hardening - even among immigrants

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

That would be you kiddo :)   You'd like to pretend that first nations weren't settlers. They were. You've stated plainly that honesty is not your concern, racism and making other people look bad is your concern.

And no - the plague did not come from the second generation of settlers ;)  sorry little guy. The plauge came up from south america and mexico, where it was deposited by natives of the carribbians, who got it from the english who got it from china.

Guess what, I'm driving back from work at lunchtime and on the radio they were talking exactly about what the "settlers" did to the Indians / First Nations.  This is exactly the terminology they used "the Settlers" who came from Europe and started to occupy and mostly steal the lands of the natives.

And I'm thinking, yeah, this CanadianFox is such a big b-sh-iter.  But CanadianFox is not a known capacity on history.  The history has been written and it is what it is.

Same with your South American plague.  We all know how many Irish died in the Maritimes as they arrived sick and they passed the disease on to the natives.

59 minutes ago, cougar said:

Guess what, I'm driving back from work at lunchtime and on the radio they were talking exactly about what the "settlers" did to the Indians / First Nations.  This is exactly the terminology they used "the Settlers" who came from Europe and started to occupy and mostly steal the lands of the natives.

Sure - you can find racist first nations people everywhere! On the radio in the papers - they had to fire one from ubc not long ago.

No surprise there. We've kind of decided to let them be racist losers who blame others for their problems for now, makes them feel better and keeps them off the streets. LOL - they fall for it every time :)  Hahaha!!!

And I'm thinking, yeah, this CanadianFox is such a big b-sh-iter.  But CanadianFox is not a known capacity on history.  The history has been written and it is what it is.

True.  The history is that the first nations are slave trading settlers who thought of women as property and slaughtered their neighbours. That is actually the actual history :)

I'm sure some of them were nice people tho.  Sam Hearne wrote about being robbed by two first nations people while he was travelling (quite common it seems) and he noted that they COULD have stolen both his shaving razors but left him one AND it was the sharper of the two! So - the first nations may have been thieves but they were considerate thieves and don't let anyone tell you different :)  

Same with your South American plague.  We all know how many Irish died in the Maritimes as they arrived sick and they passed the disease on to the natives.

If by "we all" you mean the voices in your head, sure. But no, the big killer for the first nations was smallpox. And smallpox came up from the south.  The next BIG killer of first nations people would be tuberculosis, and everyone suffered from that (tho natives moreso, true to this day.)

Seems most virii really love them that first nations blood for some reason.

So sorry that history doesn't jive with your desire to somehow blame others for whatever you percieve as the first nations problems  - but the fact is as twain would have said - the first nations faults are " not in their stars but in themselves".   Every other nation has faced worse and thrived within a generation or so, but the first natons just aren't that strong.  But they're coming along - so far they've stopped selling their women (still murder and rape them at an astounding rate but y'know - baby steps. ) 

They need us to carry them a little further till they learn to stand on their own two feet like we do.

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

1.  Sure - you can find racist first nations people everywhere! On the radio in the papers - they had to fire one from ubc not long ago.

No surprise there. We've kind of decided to let them be racist losers who blame others for their problems for now, makes them feel better and keeps them off the streets. LOL - they fall for it every time :)  Hahaha!!!

2.  True.  The history is that the first nations are slave trading settlers who thought of women as property and slaughtered their neighbours. That is actually the actual history :)

3.  I'm sure some of them were nice people tho.  Sam Hearne wrote about being robbed by two first nations people while he was travelling (quite common it seems) and he noted that they COULD have stolen both his shaving razors but left him one AND it was the sharper of the two! So - the first nations may have been thieves but they were considerate thieves and don't let anyone tell you different :)  

4.  If by "we all" you mean the voices in your head, sure. But no, the big killer for the first nations was smallpox. And smallpox came up from the south.  The next BIG killer of first nations people would be tuberculosis, and everyone suffered from that (tho natives moreso, true to this day.)

Seems most virii really love them that first nations blood for some reason.

So sorry that history doesn't jive with your desire to somehow blame others for whatever you percieve as the first nations problems  - but the fact is as twain would have said - the first nations faults are " not in their stars but in themselves".   Every other nation has faced worse and thrived within a generation or so, but the first natons just aren't that strong. 

5.  But they're coming along - so far they've stopped selling their women (still murder and rape them at an astounding rate but y'know - baby steps. ) 

6. They need us to carry them a little further till they learn to stand on their own two feet like we do.

1.  Funny.  Every politician will come across as racist to you, particularly Trudeau for constantly apologizing to the natives. Those on the radio did not sound like Natives to me; politicians, maybe?

2.  If that was the case it was going to be depicted in their artwork but so far I have seen no evidence in it that backs up your claim

3.  It is possible one of them stole a razor while the white man stole the land from under his feet and then killed him.

4.  I have not heard that.  There should have been little movement of people from South to North.  The main movement was from East to West.

5. You must be suggesting that the "highway of tears" was a highway where the first nation men liked to ambush and kill their underage or young women and children?  No evidence of that.

6.  A little further which way?  We had residential schools for them till the 80's or maybe even the early 90's

56 minutes ago, cougar said:

1.  Funny.  Every politician will come across as racist to you, particularly Trudeau for constantly apologizing to the natives. Those on the radio did not sound like Natives to me; politicians, maybe?

Oh hes' not racist - not the way you think. He just exploits first nations people. He thinks they're stupid and if he says what they want to hear and he promises them some water and wears a head dress now and again they'll vote for him despite his doing nothing (not even the water :) _)

Untitled.jpg.dfe57de2576cd16396c0d75e83ff3b55.jpg

I guess he's a little racist becuase he thinks they're ALL stupid enough to fall for it. Heck even india figured out when he was mocking their clothing but somehow the first nations don't get it.

If that was the case it was going to be depicted in their artwork but so far I have seen no evidence in it that backs up your claim

Nope. Their artwork pre-contact didn't depict every day life much. How would you carve a small figure that showed men selling slaves or women? But it was very well documented when contact was made and a firm part of their traditions coast to coast.  Of course - they tend to downplay it and the slavery and genocides at this point. As YOU say -they're more focused on trying to make sure someone else looks like they're worse

It is possible one of them stole a razor while the white man stole the land from under his feet and then killed him.

Nope.  AIthough he did mention on one expedition that the first nations guides ran into a competing nations' people and shot one of them - they didn't know about guns so they were just looking around trying to figure what happened and the first nations shot the next one.  Killed them all. Hearn was furious but they told him to shut up, it's no big deal.

That's the kind of people they were.

I have not heard that.  There should have been little movement of people from South to North.  The main movement was from East to West.

Well that's true - it took many many many years to travel to canada.  Also - it tended to be very very fatal.  For whatever reason not only do first nations catch it easier but northern first nations have a much higher fatality rate than most other races.  In some cases close to 100 percent.  So it tended to clear areas out.  But it's very well documented.

THere were occasional reinfections - the russians brought it to bc in the 1800's and there was an outbreak .

I can't remember where tuberculosis came From.  Most of the first nations children who died at residential schools died from that, and i do mean most. Like the VAST Majority. My own family lost kids to that - horrible disease for many many years.

1 hour ago, cougar said:

You must be suggesting that the "highway of tears" was a highway where the first nation men liked to ambush and kill their underage or young women and children?  No evidence of that.

No,  why would you think that? I mean it's possible it's a first nations person but if it is that will almost certainly be an isolated case, not all of the first nations, and frankly i don't think it is.  What made you think the highway of tears was a first nations crime?

But no- i was referring to the numerous studies and police reports. First nations women are killed at a much higher rate than other communities and raped at VASTLY higher rate, and the vast vast majority of perpetratiors are first nations people, frequently family in the cases of rape.

ANd in more than one case (including the missing women investigation) first nations elders and women all but demanded that their men not be held accountable or punished for that as it wasn't their fault becuase they had been abused.  I mean ... what even do you say?

A little further which way?  We had residential schools for them till the 80's or maybe even the early 90's

And?  the idea that if a single school existed it somehow prevented the entire first nations people from building a life for themselves is beyond laughable.

THe mennonites came here fleeing the russian revolution with half their famiiles dead and owning nothing more than the shirts on their back with none  of the local language at all. within a generation they were wealthy and prosperous and had adapted. THe jews from nazi germany suffered some of the most severe horrors, death and rape and torture ever inflicted on a group and the survivors went on to lead good lives.  The holodomors and such starved and tortured a generation to death and those people bounced back.

The first nations went to school. Sure - there's real issues with cultural loss and such but this really isn't a tough one to bounce back from.  Not for anyone else anyway.

I guess we'll have to see how long it will take for them to decide to stop being victims and build a future they want and can be proud of alongside the second generation of settlers, who have long since settled and now call canada their native land, where they were born and raised.

Hopefully that's not too long. Who can say? A lot of people get pretty rich having them as victims, it could take a bit.

10 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Heck even india figured out when he was mocking their clothing but somehow the first nations don't get it.

I think some do.

image.thumb.png.d31fc4a769935843f1c0bc4ddc1f9786.png

But it always comes down to who's getting  paid by government payola, "in the end".

;) 

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2024 at 8:19 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Which people?  Refugees in general?

These people? Do these look like immigrants who came here due to their skills or refugees?

Btw, anyone notice there isn't a white face on the page?

https://www.tps.ca/organizational-chart/specialized-operations-command/detective-operations/investigative-services/homicide/most-wanted/

Edited by I am Groot