I S R A E L

betsy

This can be considered as my tribute to ISRAEL.

Literally, Israel means, “One who struggles with G‑d.”
That is the name God had given Jacob. (Gen 35: 10)

Imagine how Israel had managed not only to survive, but to be among the leading nations in the world...............after only a few decades of establishing the state of Israel.

Jews seem to excel at everything.
Why wouldn't they?

Exodus 31
31 Then the Lord said to Moses,
2 “See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah,
3 and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills—

4 to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze,
5 to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kind
s of crafts.

Exodus 35:30-31 – God-Given Skills

https://garyritter.com/exodus-3530-31-god-given-skills/

Edited by betsy

Why Jews are disproportionally successful

Jews try to downplay their success and we often consider those who talk about it as borderline anti-Semites, but it is something we must embrace, analyze and ultimately share with others

The fact that Jews are disproportionally successful in many fields of endeavor is undeniable. The statistics simply speak for themselves. Jews make up less than half of one percent of the world’s population
but they consistently have made up more than twenty percent of the Forbes 400 list of the world richest people.

But it is not just making money that a disproportionate amount of Jews seems to excel at.
Thirty percent of Nobel Prize winners in science are Jewish, and major Hollywood studios, like Paramount Pictures and Universal Studios, are also run or owned by Jews.

In virtually every industry successful Jews are disproportionally represented.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3592566,00.html

That includes their................. M I L I T A R Y.

Continuation................

Support for Zionism—the belief in Jewish self-determination—is as American as apple pie.

“Israel occupies a unique place in American foreign policy,” Mead observes, “because it occupies a unique, and uniquely charged, place in the American mind.”

To prove his point, Mead doesn’t begin his book in 1948 with Israel’s creation as a modern state. Instead, he begins with the founding of the United States.
From its inception, the United States has had a unique relationship with the Jewish people. America was vastly more tolerant and less antisemitic than many of its European counterparts.
This isn’t to say that antisemitism didn’t exist—it certainly did, and Mead does highlight the antisemitic beliefs that were common among many Americans, from the conservative ruling class to the populist movements
that helped birth progressivism in the early twentieth century.

But America’s founders were also steeped in both the Bible and classical history, displaying a deep reverence for Greek and Roman civilization. This imparted a respect for ancient Hebrew civilization as well.
From the start, the United States viewed itself as a providential power with a unique mission to democratize the world. This also translated into a desire to restore the Jewish people to their ancestral homeland.
“I could find it in my heart to wish that you had been at the head of a hundred thousand Israelites,” John Adams wrote to a Jewish friend, “making a conquest of that country and restoring your nation to the dominion of it.” Importantly these beliefs were in evidence long before the mass immigration of Jews to the United States in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. They were part of the national character early on.

Americans also have a long-standing fascination with “the lands of the Bible,” Mead notes. This grew considerably in the nineteenth century.
After Harriet Beecher Stowe’s anti-slavery opus Uncle Tom’s Cabin, the second best-selling book at the time was an illustrated work of Holy Land travels entitled The Land and the Book.

Nor was support for Zionism limited to American Christians, whose various sects had differing attitudes toward the idea. While religion certainly did play a role, many early advocates of Zionism weren’t particularly religious.
In 1891, for example, Rev. William Blackstone, a famed preacher of the day, presented then-President Benjamin Harrison with a petition calling for the United States government to persuade European leaders
to lobby the Ottoman sultan for the establishment of a Jewish national home.
Known to history as the Blackstone Memorial, the document has often been cited as an example of Christian Zionism.
But, as Mead notes, the signatories included a diverse group of Americans with varying religious commitments: “For many of the signers, the petition merely expressed the long-held belief among both religious
and secular people of the nineteenth century that the Jews, like the Greeks and the Italians, could regain some of their ancient glory and greatness if freed from foreign rule and oppression.”

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/middle-east-watch/roots-american-support-israel-204601

This isn't  about being better than anyone else..................but simply a reminder to JEWS about who you are.

In dark times such as now -  may it serve as a comfort that GOD had chosen you, and will be there for you.

To all Jews out there, many Christians are praying for you.
You are not alone.

Edited by betsy

meh...Gawd chose them...for what? To struggle with him?

I've studied the Jewish history somewhat and know all about the 3 main tribes. I also know who most of the Israelis are and where they came from. For this one tribe, history has been a cycle of getting turfed, moving on, taking financial control, getting turfed, moving on, rinse and repeat. We are, of course, speaking of the Ashkenazi tribe.

I have never liked how these Ashkenazi Zionists took Palestine, and I liked what the Rothchilds did even less.

But Israel exists, and as a benefactor of colonialism, I must admit that and accept it. Even if it all leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Thus I stand by my initial thoughts on the subject of this war with Hamas in Gaza. Israel should have leveled Gaza the very first day after the attack. This would be over by now and I do not believe the other Arab nations would have gotten involved.

Edited by Nationalist

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

meh...Gawd chose them...for what? To struggle with him?

I've studied the Jewish history somewhat and know all about the 3 main tribes. I also know who most of the Israelis are and where they came from. For this one tribe, history has been a cycle of getting turfed, moving on, taking financial control, getting turfed, moving on, rinse and repeat. We are, of course, speaking of the Ashkenazi tribe.

I have never liked how these Ashkenazi Zionists took Palestine, and I liked what the Rothchilds did even less.

But Israel exists, and as a benefactor of colonialism, I must admit that and accept it. Even if it all leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Thus I stand by my initial thoughts on the subject of this war with Hamas in Gaza. Israel should have leveled Gaza the very first day after the attack. This would be over by now and I do not believe the other Arab nations would have gotten involved.

Jews' history has been peppered with a cycle of disobedience to God, punishment, reconciliation, blessing...................

Mind you, this is a religious view.  I don't expect everyone to believe and accept it.

On 11/22/2023 at 8:15 AM, betsy said:

Imagine how Israel had managed not only to survive, but to be among the leading nations in the world...............after only a few decades of establishing the state of Israel.

I'm pretty confused by how you figure Israel is one of the leading nations in the world.  Leading in what?  

I'd consider myself pro-Israel in most things, but yours is a really curious statement.  

15 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I'm pretty confused by how you figure Israel is one of the leading nations in the world.  Leading in what?  

I'd consider myself pro-Israel in most things, but yours is a really curious statement.  

Can you answer this?    What makes a nation to be among  leading nations?  

Edited by betsy

15 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Israel is among the top 20 global economies in GDP per capita for the first time

During this year of crisis Israel managed to make the most of its resilience and position itself among the richest economies in the world. So why is that that we don’t feel so well-off?

What country has ever managed to do all these in just 75 years?

Why Israel — a desert country surrounded by enemies — is outperforming other countries

Israel at 75: Israel has no oil, chronic water shortages and many enemies. And yet, it's one of the most dominant nations for its size

Among the dozens of new nations founded in the chaotic wake of the Second World War, it’s safe to say that Israel did not make anyone’s list of states most likely to succeed.

And yet, by virtually every indicator the state of Israel as it turns 75 in 2023 keeps charting as one of the world’s most dominant nations for its size.

As of last count, Israel’s unemployment rate of 3.7 per cent is among the world’s lowest, far outstripping the EU average of six per cent. Its life expectancy of 82.7 years is the planet’s seventh highest. The most recent World Happiness Index had Israel climb to number nine, behind only Luxembourg, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the Scandinavian countries.

It’s a record that most of the developed world can only dream about, including Canada.

Despite spending the last 75 years sitting peacefully atop a bottomless supply of everything from petroleum to farmland to hydroelectric power, Canada lags behind Israel on everything from national debt to health care wait times.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/israel-middle-east/israel-outperforms-other-countries

Edited by betsy

Israel was briefly in the top 20 GDP per capita during the pandemic shutdowns, because it's already an isolated economy on a permanent near-war footing, designed for resilience and weren't nearly as affected by shutdowns.  Now they're not even in the top 30.  

As for other countries who've transformed themselves over 75 years, have you ever heard of Japan, Singapore or South Korea?  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, August1991 said:

Uh, Jews are not successful.

Based on what?  Are you just saying random things again?  

12 hours ago, August1991 said:

Armenians - they are successful. They survive.

Armenians are successful, but the Jews aren't?  There are twice as many Jews in the world as Armenians.  What's your criteria here?  So much of your posting lately has seemed like clueless rambling.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2023 at 7:54 AM, betsy said:

Can you answer this?    What makes a nation to be among  leading nations?  

Yes how prosperous its citizens are. The health service, social programs in place, social justice and equality for its citizens, freedom and equality for all but not how well they invade and mass murder other nations.

• Confused 1

On 11/27/2023 at 6:56 AM, Nationalist said:

And dogshit stinks on hot days.

So what?

I am not Armenian - nor Jewish.

But Armenian is a remarkable language: it has distinct letters for the sounds, letters (rolled-R of French, German, English)  of both Arabic and Western languages.

IME, Armenians are the best interpreters.

Since their language forces them to use the tongue/throat differently, Armenians often speak without accent. Be careful!

Edited by August1991

4 hours ago, August1991 said:

I am not Armenian - nor Jewish.

But Armenian is a remarkable language: it has distinct letters for the sounds, letters (rolled-R of French, German, English)  of both Arabic and Western languages.

IME, Armenians are the best interpreters.

Since their language forces them to use the tongue/throat differently, Armenians often speak without accent. Be careful!

Marvie. So what?