Scary Tactics Plan B: Belinda!

betsy

Anyone have a pulse on where she stands right now in her riding?  I know the Cons haven't put a lot into beating her.   Have to agree with Gerry Nichol's top ten list.  She is one person I'd love to see lose.

Top Ten Must Lose

If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned last night that she's also in a neck-to-neck situation in her riding. She must be getting desperate.

She belongs right at home with the Liberals. She was rude and obnoxious when she was interviewed alongside a Conservative spokesperson. Interrupted the lady and would not let her say anything.

Anyone have a pulse on where she stands right now in her riding?  I know the Cons haven't put a lot into beating her.   Have to agree with Gerry Nichol's top ten list.  She is one person I'd love to see lose.

Top Ten Must Lose

If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned last night that she's also in a neck-to-neck situation in her riding. She must be getting desperate.

She belongs right at home with the Liberals. She was rude and obnoxious when she was interviewed alongside a Conservative spokesperson. Interrupted the lady and would not let her say anything.

Belinda actually gaffed while campaigning with Martin saying "Mr. Martin hates the urban vote" or something to that effect.

Still say Landslide Annie has to lose...the effect of the Liberals getting shut out of a province means they won't be able to play the federalist card as well.

Top Ten Must Lose

BTW I love that list...I am going to hang it in my bathroom because just the sight of those names gives me nausea.

Strange how when she switched it was to stop the bloc.

Her antics are sad. Some voters have seen through her. Hopefully enough to boot her out of parliament.

If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned last night that she's also in a neck-to-neck situation in her riding.  She must be getting desperate.

She belongs right at home with the Liberals.  She was rude and obnoxious when she was interviewed alongside a Conservative spokesperson.  Interrupted the lady and would not let her say anything.

Anee McLellans CPC opponent is Laurie Hawn, the same guy who lost to her last time, in 2004.

I think he is an odd choice again, since he is not really well known in Edmonton. I thought the party would pick somebody better known, somebody with name recognition to slay the mighty Anne.

Unlike the Liberals who parachute candidates into ridings, the Conservatives have always left it up to the local riding associations. It makes for some odd choices at times but it's called democracy. This is how Chuck Cadman ended up running as an independent instead of a Conservative last election. I'm sure Harper wasn't happy when he didn't get the nomination but he felt it was not his place to overrule the local association. After all, it is their MP, not his. The Liberals have no such scruples. Democratic deficit be dammed.

it's called democracy.

Sounds interesting. Tell me more

In the 2004 election Paul Martin parachuted 5 of his hand picked people into BC ridings even though others had done all the work involved in getting those ridings nominations. When a leader does this he is basically saying this guy is my MP, not yours. So much for Martin's commitment to correcting the democratic deficit in this country. He wants power concentrated in the PMO every bit as much as Chretien, he is just more hypocritical about it. I would never vote for candidate that was selected in this fashion, no matter which party they came from.

One of his parachutes lost and then got a government contract with very suspicious deliverables. Union leader to council on employee safety. Was he really the best consultant for the job?

Dave Haggard and he is running again.

So when you are a star with the Liberal's you see a transactional component.

Others: become cabinet ministers. I am wonder what these folks think about being on a back bench.

It is almost time for Emerson to through in the towel.

With out position the Liberal have no appeal. They have no ideals. Soon they will have no power. With out the appointments (Larry Campbell) or the big post (Belinda) they will eat each other alive. The throne made of bayonets, makes a very uncomfortable seat.

ft,

Your example is analagous to the national leadership question.

Running a campaign gets easier the second and third time around because of the experiences you gain on prior campaigns.

This is the first time Anne has faced the same opponent twice. Laurie has learned some lessons, hopefully enough but we won't know until election night.

Look at how much Harper has learned about a national campaign. Is it enough? Looks like it at this point. :lol:

Anee McLellans CPC opponent is Laurie Hawn, the same guy who lost to her last time, in 2004.

I think he is an odd choice again, since he is not really well known in Edmonton. I thought the party would pick somebody better known, somebody with name recognition to slay the mighty Anne.

BTW I love that list...I am going to hang it in my bathroom because just the sight of those names gives me nausea.

Maybe you should put it by your computer to help you write more of your nauseous posts.... :P

:lol:

Sometimes the truth makes you nauseous...

:lol: