How many separatists lurk in CPC?

After being identified as an Alberta separatist under the name "psycho" on many blogs including freedominion.ca, CPC candidate Peter Goldring's campaign manager Gordon Stamp resigned. One of his many quotes "I am fairly positive 1/2 our campaign team will be working for separation after January 23 if the Liberals remain in power."

Go figure. B)

After being identified as an Alberta separatist under the name "psycho" on many blogs including freedominion.ca, CPC candidate Peter Goldring's campaign manager Gordon Stamp resigned. One of his many quotes "I am fairly positive 1/2 our campaign team will be working for separation after January 23 if the Liberals remain in power."

Go figure. B)

He's not a separatist - yet - he's only saying IF the Liberals remain in power, he would looking at separatism, not quite the same thing. However, he has been the victim of some pretty malicious character assassination from a website I won't name, not just that, but they sent emails to him under false pretences to find his real name. I don't hate any party or people who belong to it, but the hate and vitriol from that particular discussion group towards anything comservative is beyond all reason and bordering on psychotic.

Go figure. B)

He's not a separatist - yet - he's only saying IF the Liberals remain in power, he would looking at separatism, not quite the same thing. However, he has been the victim of some pretty malicious character assassination from a website I won't name, not just that, but they sent emails to him under false pretences to find his real name. I don't hate any party or people who belong to it, but the hate and vitriol from that particular discussion group towards anything comservative is beyond all reason and bordering on psychotic.

Kind of like the Hate conservatives give the liberals around here!!!!!

I cannot understand how this story isn't bigger than it is.

I know Paul Wells commented on it on his blog and both the CTV and the Globe have reported it, but that is it as far as I can tell.

You would think that a campaign volunteer making pro-separation comments in a riding in Alberta would be major headline news.

I wont give up. I'll continue to scan Reuters, CNN, and Al Jazeera. Hopefully one of them will give this the attention it deserves.

I wont give up. I'll continue to scan Reuters, CNN, and Al Jazeera. Hopefully one of them will give this the attention it deserves.

Check with Scott Reid's blog or Mike Klander's.Maybe even Liberal MP Emerson's.

If you can't find it there,maybe check the PMO's office.

They know everything before everyone else find's out, and if it's worth anything you'll get it first. :)

Because the Department of Finance and the PMO being investigated for *possibly* leaking information that made certain Bay Street times lots of money is far more newsworthy and of interest to most Canadians.

Why hasn't "the damned liberal media" jumped all over this?

From what I am seeing on TV it looks like "the damned conservative media" has chosen to ignore this.

Because the Department of Finance and the PMO being investigated for *possibly* leaking information that made certain Bay Street times lots of money is far more newsworthy and of interest to most Canadians.
Why hasn't "the damned liberal media" jumped all over this?

From what I am seeing on TV it looks like "the damned conservative media" has chosen to ignore this.

More newsworthy than the accusation, from one of their own, that almost Half of a major political party are closet separatists?

O.K. I will give you that. But the fact the media has ingored this story everywhere, blows the whole "liberal media" BS out the window. If the media was truly liberal friendly, "Alberta separatism" would have been dominating the headlines for at least one day, instead of having basically nothing reported at all.

I never saw anything about half the CPC being closet separatists. Where does that come from?

The Liberals could get Jean Lapierre to lead the charge on the issue. Than again maybe not... :lol:

The CBC is biased, but cannot completely ignore the wishes of their viewers, or they would lose them all to other outlets.

More newsworthy than the accusation of Half of a major political party being closet separatists?

I never saw anything about half the CPC being closet separatists. Where does that come from?

The Liberals could get Jean Lapierre to lead the charge on the issue. Than again maybe not...  :lol:

The CBC is biased, but cannot completely ignore the wishes of their viewers, or they would lose them all to other outlets.

More newsworthy than the accusation of Half of a major political party being closet separatists?

Sorry, it was just the CPC candidate Peter Goldring's campaign team, that make me feel much better. <_<

"I am fairly positive 1/2 our campaign team will be working for separation after January 23 if the Liberals remain in power."

Gordon Stamp's posts were indefensible. He is gone, good riddance.

If you are to believe that Paul Wells broke the story, than Goldring and Harper reacted with incredible speed. They released the news of Stamp's resignation within 2 1/2 hours of the story being broken.

No party or leader is perfect. All the people want is decisive leadership and admitting mistakes when they happen. The way the CPC dealt with this is part of the reason why it has faded from the news so quickly.

Sorry, it was just the CPC candidate Peter Goldring's campaign team, that make me feel much better. <_<

If you are to believe that Paul Wells broke the story, than Goldring and Harper reacted with incredible speed. They released the news of Stamp's resignation within 2 1/2 hours of the story being broken.

No party or leader is perfect. All the people want is decisive leadership and admitting mistakes when they happen. The way the CPC dealt with this is part of the reason why it has faded from the news so quickly.

LMFAO :lol:

Funny how Harpers imperfections don't arouse the same anger in you as Martin's.

Oh well, the CPC got away with one there. If there wasn't such attention on the RCMP investigation, it may have become an issue.

LMFAO :lol:

Funny how Harpers imperfections don't arouse the same anger in you as Martin's.

Oh well, the CPC got away with one there. If there wasn't such attention on the RCMP investigation, it may have become an issue.

Umm, Martin's imperfections are legion, that's why the RCMP are investigating!

Sure, some babble spy trashs a well thought of campaign manager, of course the media would want to get in on it, but, the reason they didn't was that only part of the posts were true, so, the real media, won't touch it with a ten foot pole!

All I can say is watch your backs if you have ever said anything online that anyone might disagree with, cause it will be you next!

All this does raise some interesting questions about the Conservative Party of Canada...

This is not the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada... make no mistake about that...

The Progressive Conservatives have a fine heritage that goes back to confederation... but times have changed and their fine tradition is lost...

This new Conservative Party is really a cobbled-together party of malcontents and misfits together with the remnant of the original Progressive Conservatives (or at least those PC's who didn't bail when they realized the shabby company they were keeping - only those with strong stomachs remained).

We've seen white supremacists, hate mongers, criminals and every other spotted and striped beast poke its head up from the ranks of the Conservative Party of Canada in the last few years. Many have been expelled... but those who have gone unnoted and work their deeds in the shadows remain. There is still a huge dark underbelly of seething hate within the Conservative Party - hate for Canada and Canadian values.

It seems silly that one should be surprised that there are separatists among them...

To quote Gordon Stamp, campaign manger for incumbent MP Peter Goldring (Edmonton East):

"Many of us in Alberta are working on our last federal campaign, if the Liberals remain in power, we will be working on Alberta separation after January 23."

MP Peter Goldring later praised Gordon Stamp as an upstanding person. However he didn't feel that half their campaign team will support Alberta separation if the Conservative Party didn't form the next govenment of Canada.

So he was aware of somewhat less than half of his team are separatists? Mon dieu!

Wake up Canada... it was the Conservatives and the Quebec separatists who conspired together to bring down this parliament.

The New Democratic Party of Canada asked the Liberals to make a commitment to universal healthcare... the Liberals couldn't bend... so the NDP had no choice to withdraw support... the NDP have always been on a higher road...

but ultimately it was the Conservatives and the Bloc separatists who conspired together... both haters of Canada... the Conservatives moreso....

Ohhh, give me a break, talk about spewing garbage, how can you even hold your head up. I have always been a Conservative, and proud of it! Let's raise some interesting questions about the Liberals, Adscam is old, but income trusts are new! Liberals are so corrupt it makes me sick! The RCMP are investigating Goodale and soon the PM, WAKE UP, the Liberals are so corrupt, it makes me gag.

All this does raise some interesting questions about the Conservative Party of Canada...

This is not the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada... make no mistake about that...

The Progressive Conservatives have a fine heritage that goes back to confederation... but times have changed and their fine tradition is lost...

This new Conservative Party is really a cobbled-together party of malcontents and misfits together with the remnant of the original Progressive Conservatives (or at least those PC's who didn't bail when they realized the shabby company they were keeping - only those with strong stomachs remained).

What a bunch of nonsense, no wonder the liberals are in trouble when this is all they can resort to.

What the liberals and NDP rabble spies did with the email thing was pretty underhanded, if that had been a conservative you can bet the MSM would have been interested. They had better be careful, I've seen some pretty intemperate and viscious remarks on rabble by people supposedly involved in the NDP - maybe they had better be careful. Or is it only conservatives who are held to account ?

A better question would be how come all of the Liberal policies since Trudeau created Separatism in Quebec. How come 700B taxdollars spent on bi-lingualism gave us a Province that is Unilingual French and Separatist. Why did Adscam dollars increase the thirst for Separatism in Quebec and fatten the wallets of Liberals in Quebec? These are more worthwhile questions. Liberalism=Quebec Separatism.