Man convicted of 1989 murder of 10-year-old girl granted chance for new appeal (why we shouldn't have the death penalty)

14 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

They are all false religions and Islam is not all that different, all the Judeo-Christian characters and stories, including Jesus, are in Islam. Only the fine details are different,  then they add another chapter at the end with another prophet after Jesus named Mohammad. 

Completely wrong.  Islam is totally different and is proven to be a false religion.  Everyone will be held accountable one day for what they believe.  There are only two places to go, heaven or hell for eternity.  It's your choice.  Read the KJV Bible.

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

As I said above to Cdnfox, it is God's command to carry out the death penalty for murderers.  It is not man's business.  Government is responsible for doing it without error.  " 6  Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."  Genesis 9:6 KJV   

You are a real Old Testament guy, aren't you.

That's why we live in a secular society, so we don't have sky fairies telling us to kill people. If god wants to kill humans he/she/it can do it themselves.

Edited by Aristides

14 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

They are all false religions and Islam is not all that different, all the Judeo-Christian characters and stories, including Jesus, are in Islam. Only the fine details are different,  then they add another chapter at the end with another prophet after Jesus named Mohammad. 

Besides the larger point which you completely miss is that we’re  not a theocracy who puts citizens to death based on scripture n

Most laws are in fact based on Scripture such as the ten commandments and always have been.  

Just now, Aristides said:

That's why we live in a secular society, so we don't have sky fairies telling us to kill people. If god wants to kill humans he/she/it can do it themselves.

You mock and reject God and his written revelation at your own peril.  God holds absolute power over the universe and everyone will face death and judgment.  "It is appointed unto men once to die and after this the judgment".  Those who reject God and Jesus Christ will face eternal damnation

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You mock and reject God and his written revelation at your own peril.  God holds absolute power over the universe and everyone will face death and judgment.  "It is appointed unto men once to die and after this the judgment".  Those who reject God and Jesus Christ will face eternal damnation

Carry on. We still aren’t bringing back capital punishment.

If your belief system relies on threats, count me out.

Edited by Aristides

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

so we don't have sky fairies telling us to kill people.

When you reject, mock, or show your rejection of God and His truth in the Holy Bible, you are really just harming yourself because rejection of God and his word means condemnation by God.  God has ordained capital punishment for those who willfully take other human lives.  Who are you to go against God and his Word?  A murderer has lost the right to live according to what the Bible says if the punishment is by government and due process.  Why on earth would you try to defend a murderer?  That is a sign of a very sick mind and depraved nature.  You need to change your thinking while there is still time by reading the KJV Bible.

Edited by blackbird

16 hours ago, bcsapper said:

It looks to me like both of you are in trouble.  Just make sure to go to the toilet.

"“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.”
― Blaise Pascal"

I guess this is your motto now.  Clever excuse to reject Biblical truth.  The world is full of false religion and always has been, but the Bible does not fall under that category. The word "religion" can mean anything, depending on how it is used and the context.  Religion is not necessarily the same as truth.  Most of world is into false religion because it is under the dominion of the prince of darkness, who was originally called Lucifer.  He was at one time the one of God's right hand angels in heaven.  But he rebelled against God and wanted to be like God.  Consequently he was kicked out of heaven and took about a third of the angels with him, who became known as the fallen angels.  See Isaiah chapter 14 about the fall of Lucifer in the King James Bible.  This is taken out of the modern Bible versions.  After the fall of Lucifer from heaven, he became Satan and he now has dominion to a large extent over mankind, along with the demons.  But his time is limited.  But this is the history of where all the false religion came from.  Mankind is generally deceived and he has control over their minds, although they do not believe he even exists.  That is the way he wants it so he can continue his control over mankind.  The only truth is in the Bible.  This is the one weapon Satan hates along with his followers and all those of mankind under his dominion.  Why?  Because the Bible reveals the truth about Satan and his goals and how he operates.  When a person becomes a believer in Jesus Christ, and his written revelation to mankind, he is delivered out of Satan's dominion but that also depends on the believer continuing to learn the truth from the Holy Scriptures so that he can resist the wiles of the Devil and avoid being deceived and ensnared by him in his life.  Many believers are deceived in many ways because they do not study and know the Holy Scriptures and do not grow in the faith.  But they may still be believers who are destined for heaven.  It is essential to become a believer to have that assurance of where one will spend eternity.

42 minutes ago, blackbird said:

"“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.”
― Blaise Pascal"

I guess this is your motto now.  Clever excuse to reject Biblical truth.  The world is full of false religion and always has been, but the Bible does not fall under that category. The word "religion" can mean anything, depending on how it is used and the context.  Religion is not necessarily the same as truth.  Most of world is into false religion because it is under the dominion of the prince of darkness, who was originally called Lucifer.  He was at one time the one of God's right hand angels in heaven.  But he rebelled against God and wanted to be like God.  Consequently he was kicked out of heaven and took about a third of the angels with him, who became known as the fallen angels.  See Isaiah chapter 14 about the fall of Lucifer in the King James Bible.  This is taken out of the modern Bible versions.  After the fall of Lucifer from heaven, he became Satan and he now has dominion to a large extent over mankind, along with the demons.  But his time is limited.  But this is the history of where all the false religion came from.  Mankind is generally deceived and he has control over their minds, although they do not believe he even exists.  That is the way he wants it so he can continue his control over mankind.  The only truth is in the Bible.  This is the one weapon Satan hates along with his followers and all those of mankind under his dominion.  Why?  Because the Bible reveals the truth about Satan and his goals and how he operates.  When a person becomes a believer in Jesus Christ, and his written revelation to mankind, he is delivered out of Satan's dominion but that also depends on the believer continuing to learn the truth from the Holy Scriptures so that he can resist the wiles of the Devil and avoid being deceived and ensnared by him in his life.  Many believers are deceived in many ways because they do not study and know the Holy Scriptures and do not grow in the faith.  But they may still be believers who are destined for heaven.  It is essential to become a believer to have that assurance of where one will spend eternity.

It's been my signature for years.  It's true, and it's a good signature.

The only other one I might have is:

“Men never believe in delusional, mindless nonsense so completely and cheerfully as when they do so from religious conviction.”

But it doesn't have quite the same ring to it.  And recent events in the United States serve to imply it might not take religion in all cases, so I'll stick with the original.

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

It's been my signature for years.  It's true, and it's a good signature.

The only other one I might have is:

“Men never believe in delusional, mindless nonsense so completely and cheerfully as when they do so from religious conviction.”  

But it doesn't have quite the same ring to it.  And recent events in the United States serve to imply it might not take religion in all cases, so I'll stick with the original.

Actually it is not true.  You have been conned.

The truth is the KJV Bible.  Read this little comic style tract.

Chick.com: Creator or Liar?

enGeneral.gif

Edited by blackbird

How to be a religious hypocrite:

-Proclaim your Christianity yet always refer only to the Old Testament.
-Oppose abortion and support the death penalty as after all, the First Commandment. Even if terminating a debatable person differs from killing an actual adult one.
-Add on fierce opposition to Communism while believing the State has the right to kill, but you as an individual don't.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Nobody is interested in hearing you talk about your imaginary friend. 

That's really too bad.  I know it is the Devil trying to silence me by working through people like you.  I don't take my marching orders from the Devil.  If God leads me to comment on His revelation, I will.  Perhaps it is you who should change your outlook and accept that God is real and he created you and everything in creation instead of trying to control other people.

24 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That's really too bad.  I know it is the Devil trying to silence me by working through people like you. 

I'm certain pretty much EVERYONE would like to see you shut up.  I'm sure he would as well

I don't take my marching orders from the Devil.

Most wind up dolls don't.

30 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I'm certain pretty much EVERYONE would like to see you shut up.  I'm sure he would as well

Most wind up dolls don't.

Sad to see someone so blind to the truth.  Your comments sound as bad any Taliban who also try silence anyone they disagree with.  I will say a prayer for you.  May God have mercy on you.

Just for your information, there is a tremendous spiritual battle going on in the world between God and the forces of darkness, led by Satan and his demons.  Sadly you are on the wrong side.  You need to read the King James Bible, starting with the New Testament and believe it.  It is no hoax.  It is absolute truth.  Those who oppose God are prisoners of Satan and his minions and are in darkness.  You need to be set free.  Jesus said he will make you free.  But you must make a move by reading the Bible.

Edited by blackbird