Ujjal Dosanjh: By silencing white men, Canada can't have an honest debate about equality, race and culture

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/ujjal-dosanjh-by-silencing-white-men-canada-cant-have-an-honest-debate-about-equality-race-and-culture/wcm/cd46acfd-4414-4d21-9b6a-2a9dddecaeb1/amp/

What started as a legitimate change to bring about equality and transformation of how we viewed, treated and spoke about each other has now ossified into a rarely breached wall of silence; a silence reinforced by the onset of the West’s indifference to its own — good, bad or ugly but — distinct societies, their values and norms; call it white man’s burden or guilt; a guilt for the sins of the past now manifesting itself in the white man’s fear.

This fear has habituated many Western leaders in their frailty to speak the unvarnished truth about the need for the refugees and immigrants welcomed into these societies to fully integrate in them. It is not about changing one’s religion or bleaching one’s skin to make it paler. It is about learning the moral, ethical, social and political anchors that, in this case, Canada is rooted in.

Politicians afraid of “ethnic backlashes” revel in silence policed by the so called multiculturalists who might be more appropriately called multicults — the practitioners of a fierce brand of exclusivist Multiculturalism that ought to be renamed Multicultism.

For those who don't know him - Ujjal Dosanjh is the former NDP attorney General and then  Premier of BC.  He is a punjab india immigrant to Canada.

When someone like that tells you race repression of white people has gone too far and is making a dialogue impossible - it's probably time to sit up and listen.

Edited by CdnFox

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Although I haven't always agreed with his politics, I've always had a lot of respect for Ujjal as a person. He has never been afraid to address issues that others aviod.

Yeah.  I'm not ndp in much the same way i'm not a silicate based life form from alpha centauri - but i've met him a few times and in the end he was a very respectable person and that rare oddity - an honest politician.  And as you say not afraid to say what he honestly believed to be true.

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

You know this was written seven years ago, right?

Does that make it less relevant?

If anything we're seeing the same issues he's raising even worse today.  Are things better? Are we coming closer to solving the nation's problems with diversity? Or has it gotten worse?

The bible was written 2000 years ago but it's still a good idea not to commit murder.  :) Some things stand the test of time. 

What we're seeing with the pride parade nonsense and the other culture wars are the same today and we're starting to see that closed pot boil over. And what he said is just as true and even more relevant today.

Although i'm totally stealing 'Multi-cultist" :)