Democrats STILL pushing the RACIST reparations scam

14 hours ago, ironstone said:

You are confused. The title of the Thomas Sowell video I posted is "Thomas Sowell destroys reparations argument". I posted the video because it makes great points as to why reparations is a bad idea. It is Thomas Sowell's argument,and I wholeheartedly agree with him.

Once again, it was Thomas Sowell saying these things that are absolutely correct.

I would urge you to check out his videos. He's a brilliant man.

You guys were awfully quick to totally dismiss the example of the Barbary pirates and the inconvenient fact of black slave owners.

I remember on the old Canadian tax forms there was the option of donating your tax refund to the government. It may still be there for all I know. I doubt many people ever did that.

What's stopping you from giving a portion of your wealth to the cause of reparations for slavery of blacks so many generations ago? If you support this so idea , how much are you personally willing to give?

So there is no confusion on my part. And you are not paying attention to me, because I’ve said that I don’t agree with making reparation payments.

It is not relevant that Barbary pirates, or Pharaoh, or the Romans owned slaves, because we live in the United States.  Those other civilizations and entities no longer exist. And, as I said, if someone murders your sister and argues that it’s ok since somebody else murdered 10 people… they will still be convicted.  

I think the defense of “Slavery wasn’t so bad” is a terrible defense and it is a terrible and offensive thing to say. 

I read the NAACP statement on reparations. They are calling for every black family who can trace their lineage to slavery to receive 40 acres of tillable land.  They don’t say where this land will come from.  It makes no sense to me  

5 hours ago, reason10 said:

Nope. Africans CREATED slavery. Without Africans selling EVEN THEIR CHILDREN into slavery, it never would have occurred on US soil. And today Africa STILL HAS SLAVERY.  It is very much relevant, when you look at the rip off scam of reparation.

Rebound has the education level of a  blue state second grader, so he/she/it is hardly qualified to render an intelligent idea here. He/she/it proves that with each emanation from that Nazi piehole.

It was europeans and americans who were the final purchaser of slaves. You can deny this but then you have no way to explain how Africans ever made it to the Americas (north or south). Just because something is on the shelf.. does not mean that you are forced to buy it.. 

3 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

It was europeans and americans who were the final purchaser of slaves. You can deny this but then you have no way to explain how Africans ever made it to the Americas (north or south). Just because something is on the shelf.. does not mean that you are forced to buy it.. 

The “somebody else did something bad” defense is pointless.  Nobody ever beat a criminal conviction by telling the judge that other people have committed greater crimes. 

17 minutes ago, Rebound said:

The “somebody else did something bad” defense is pointless.  Nobody ever beat a criminal conviction by telling the judge that other people have committed greater crimes. 

They have won however by pointing out that what is being called a 'crime' is in fact common practice.

And that is a perfectly good defense. The fact that slavery was common, legal and part of normal accepted behavior strongly argues that they did nothing wrong.  In other words it's the 'if every body did it then we can't consider it 'bad' given the times" defense and it works.

Sorry - you really kind of suck at these 'legal defense' examples.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Thing is, you don't go after the drug buyers. You go after the drug dealers. Africa was the dealer in human flesh. AFRICA owes reparations, not whites who never owned slaves in their entire lives.

7 hours ago, Rebound said:

I think the defense of “Slavery wasn’t so bad” is a terrible defense and it is a terrible and offensive thing to say.

I certainly didn't say that about slavery. I don't think anyone in this forum would say that.

The idea of reparations should have been shot down from day one and never given another thought. It's only making things worse to entertain this unbelievably divisive notion.

The only people saying that are rich liberal BLACK NBA athletes who are spokesmen for Nike.

They get rich off a product produced by SLAVERY.

They owe Chinese slaves REAL reparations.