Male - Female

piercj2

MALE – FEMALE

The problem with attraction and American Society

The problem with American Society is a complicated one, when pondering relationships. Now, more than ever, there are more single woman in their mid twenties to mid 40’s, and some of them have kinds. It is hard to imagine if these people are truly happy or not, I mean how could you be. If there is no body there when you get home from work, no one to talk to, not to mention no one to have sex with, how could this be genuine happiness. It is sad to say the least. However, a lot of these woman are the same weman that make up fifty percent of law schools and medical schools, so they have good jobs. (and the rate is climbing) It is not hard to see that in school, girls are often better students, I mean look. How many females had prestigious jobs 40 years ago? Almost none. They have made advances concerning this. However, while females are better students, it seems that they are definitely not even close as to a male concerning their individuality. Males are often content to think , live, and do everything alone. Most of the time, the only reason a male wants a girlfriend is because of physical reasons. This being said some males may feel discontent, or even ashamed that they cannot reach the most prestigious jobs because of their female counterparts, however they are not willing to admit it on any level. Often times guys are not exactly in a hurry to date woman who are getting paid more and have more prestige. So males are not getting the sex, they want and females are not getting the relationship they want. These trends start in college, when females are studying with their friends and males are running around trying to get drunk and have sex with anything on two legs. So, females often time end up with better grades and better jobs.

Another problem is the fact that most girls seem like they want any man they can, because they are the one who gets attention, and males are physically attracted to them. However, now that weman are working and getting jobs, and acting like males, males are less likely to come on to them and think of them as a legitimate partners. (it is called male ego) Also, half the time a woman will go after the, “bad boy” type and get rejected and cheated on. Who can help her, she did it to herself? While the nice guys, who really want a girlfriend are rejected, and don’t even get a chance in a relationship. Thus, woman are having a harder time finding a relationship, and are not satisfied. This often leads to bitterness and feminism. While, males are also often times embarrassed to be with the bread winner female. However, it is sometimes true that these bredwinning females are often time bossier, into themselves, controlling, not as attractive, and have a high egos. To a males defense, who want to be with that.

So now, society is stuck in the middle, having dicorces, one night stands and other relationship problems, because they are unsatisfied. Thus, crime, depression, hatred, and envy goes up in society.

End of the story, we are too selfish as human beings

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Now, more than ever, there are more single woman in their mid twenties to mid 40’s, and some of them have kinds. It is hard to imagine if these people are truly happy or not, I mean how could you be. If there is no body there when you get home from work, no one to talk to, not to mention no one to have sex with, how could this be genuine happiness.

You'd be amazed at what they can do with vinyl, latex and AA batteries these days.

Thus, woman are having a harder time finding a relationship, and are not satisfied. This often leads to bitterness and feminism.

Yeah, feminism had nothing at all to do with the gross social inequalitie sbetween men and women. It was because some chicks couldn't find a man. :rolleyes:

However, it is sometimes true that these bredwinning females are often time bossier, into themselves, controlling, not as attractive, and have a high egos. To a males defense, who want to be with that.

I know: I don't know how many times I've seen a nice looking girl get a well-paying job and walk out of the office five minutes later looking like a hag. :rolleyes:

I have to leave this goofy-ass thread before my eyeballs roll right out of their sockets.

This is what happens when basic society is abandoned by government in favour of buisness and excessive social obligations rather than support traditional family aspirations.
Are you blaming government or business for the unhappiness in society?
These trends start in college, when females are studying with their friends and males are running around trying to get drunk and have sex with anything on two legs. So, females often time end up with better grades and better jobs.
Huh? I thought males wanted to get better grades, to get better jobs, to get more money which they need to get the bikini babes. Females, on the other hand, much more direct, just want to be bikini babes.

Have I got this all wrong?

This is what happens when basic society is abandoned by government in favour of buisness and excessive social obligations rather than support traditional family aspirations.
These trends start in college, when females are studying with their friends and males are running around trying to get drunk and have sex with anything on two legs. So, females often time end up with better grades and better jobs.
Huh? I thought males wanted to get better grades, to get better jobs, to get more money which they need to get the bikini babes. Females, on the other hand, much more direct, just want to be bikini babes.

Yes, despite your sarcasm, not all weman want to be just Bikina models, thought is sounds like you know some

This part made me chuckle.....

So males are not getting the sex, they want and females are not getting the relationship they want. These trends start in college, when females are studying with their friends and males are running around trying to get drunk and have sex with anything on two legs. So, females often time end up with better grades and better jobs.

You make it sound like women don't like or want sex.

Sorry to say, but if women did NOT enjoy sex as much as, or even maybe more than men, then the species would probably have died out long ago.

You also write from a viewpoint that supports a National Lampoon type of thought pattern. I thinks maybe you've been watching too many reruns of Frat House movies.

Yeah, some guys go to college and it's all "party time".

But some girls do the same.

Being involved in the entertainment industry for ovewr 20 years, I have had many engagements in colleges and universities, and have seen females come out in equal numbers to males and get falling-down-drunk in college pubs, concerts, etcetera.

"Party time" is no longer a male-dominated phenomenon on campus.

I was just saying this because there are more females going to college now days, and the numbers are increasing every year, while the number of males going to college is decreasing every year. I also say this because weman have made huge jumbs compromising half of the most prestigous jobs- doctor, lawyer, ect. which they were a huge minority years ago. Also last year females outnumbered males in graduating numbers on every level- bachelor's, masters, doctors, post doctors, females are just doing better in school and it just seems like it is because males party more

What is it with your chronic inability to spell "women" correctly? I'm the last person to preach about spelling, but I can't help wonder if it's deliberate.

My guess is that it's a foreigner with an axe to grind...

-k

I spoke of you in 3rd person because I was addressing Black Dog.

I think I speak for many here in saying that I'm still having a hard time figuring out what you're actually talking about. Do you feel that all our problems would be solved if women just quit going to college and returned to old-fashioned roles?

-k

The point of my discussion was not to address womans problems. If you would have read it closely you could have seen that I discussed problems that males have in society also. I adressed the relationship that men and woman often have in society, and pointed out why relationships are often straighned. The point was not to analyze only the problems weman have in society. Thus the title of the paper- male and female

The point of my discussion was not to address womans problems.  If you would have read it closely you could have seen that I discussed problems that males have in society also.  I adressed the relationship that men and woman often have in society, and pointed out why relationships are often straighned.  The point was not to analyze only the problems weman have in society.  Thus the title of the paper- male and female

Oh, of course. Men and women all have problems. Life's rough all over. But you certainly seem to blaming women for all of this. If women weren't going to college, men wouldn't find them scary. If women weren't earning lots of money, men's egos wouldn't be hurt. If women weren't out working, men would have somebody to have sex with when they came home from work ( :blink: ) ... isn't that what you're getting at?

-kimmy

{"My name is Foxy Cleopatra, and I'm a whole lotta weman!"}

piercj2

You are mostly concern that men are simply cheated, and disillusioned that they are not having their fair share of sex because "weman" are being educated?

You wish us to believe:

- That people are happy when they have sex

- That men's preoccupation is sex with women?

- That wemen are preoccupied with developing, and educating themselves to outsmart men not to have sex?

OK besides food, cloth and shelter the top next necessity is sex...for both sexes. Men want to believe they are the ones who think about sex every 6 second.

Women also think about sex. And a whole lot, if they think like myself.

I feel that you are referring to women who are highly educated, economically independent and can speak freely about their sexuality, and sex without some compulsion to have sexual relations with a man. For example: If an educated women turns to a man and declares she was attracted to him, even when he reciprocate the feelings - men are mostly afraid. They are afraid of deep conversations and discussions of sex because think they have to commit to something. The other reasoning is the men did not initiate this first move.

I read in the papers yesterday that this year U of T, slowest initially to accept women its programs accepted more women than males in its medical and law programs. I though way to go - a fuzzy feeling for myself.

Incidentally, I also saw a TV show recently where high school leaving boys are encouraged, and happy to turn to trades, plumbing, bricklayer, auto, a place where the girls do not exist. I also know that more females than males exist within the education teaching system. Unconsciously, if you were thinking there is a conspiracy - maybe that’s where the agenda is.

The problem with American Society is a complicated one

I agree, far more comlicated than relationships or the fake ass story you told.

Now, more than ever, there are more single woman in their mid twenties to mid 40’s, and some of them have kinds.

I am assuming some of them have kids, anyways so what? I read on MSN that 50 is the new 30 so 40 is the new 20.

It is hard to imagine if these people are truly happy or not, I mean how could you be. If there is no body there when you get home from work, no one to talk to, not to mention no one to have sex with, how could this be genuine happiness.

So by deduction what your sayign is to live a happy fullfilling life you must be married? Infact Actually you said if you were not married there is no one to have sex with. So does that mean that Gays never had sex in Canada until just a little while ago? Beyond that anyone who has some kind of life should have someone to talk to someone and someone to interact with...hell even if you don't have a life sex and conversation still shouldn't be a problem.

However, a lot of these woman are the same weman that make up fifty percent of law schools and medical schools, so they have good jobs.

So perhpas they are mor ecareer orientated? It doe snot mean they are not leading full filling lives. Perhpas saving someones life might make someone genuinely happy.

It is not hard to see that in school, girls are often better students, I mean look. How many females had prestigious jobs 40 years ago? Almost none. They have made advances concerning this.

Girls better students who knows. However of course females have amde advancements int he past 40 years, more and more females are having careers with careers comes career advancement.

However, while females are better students, it seems that they are definitely not even close as to a male concerning their individuality.

Better students than????

How do you measure or compare individuality?

Males are often content to think , live, and do everything alone.

and by your own admission more and more females are becoming independant.

Most of the time, the only reason a male wants a girlfriend is because of physical reasons.

Well there is ego, right? Is that physical or more mental? And than there is the odd occasion where you enjoy being with the person.

This being said some males may feel discontent, or even ashamed that they cannot reach the most prestigious jobs because of their female counterparts, however they are not willing to admit it on any level.

Well than these males need help, mind you I have not yet met one exactly like that. As well its pure competition perhpas the best man or woman shoudl when every now and than not jsut the best man.

Often times guys are not exactly in a hurry to date woman who are getting paid more and have more prestige.

Says who?

So males are not getting the sex, they want and females are not getting the relationship they want.

Says who?

Says who?

Have you been to college yet?????

Another problem is the fact that most girls seem like they want any man they can, because they are the one who gets attention, and males are physically attracted to them. However, now that weman are working and getting jobs, and acting like males, males are less likely to come on to them and think of them as a legitimate partners.

Again says who. I am startign to think the problem with American society is unsubstantiated information flowing around the internet and the media as fact, its bullshit.

(it is called male ego)

No its called bullshit.

Also, half the time a woman will go after the, “bad boy” type and get rejected and cheated on. Who can help her, she did it to herself? While the nice guys, who really want a girlfriend are rejected, and don’t even get a chance in a relationship.

Please note that nice guy and dork with no social skills are two different things.

Thus, woman are having a harder time finding a relationship, and are not satisfied. This often leads to bitterness and feminism.

Says who?

While, males are also often times embarrassed to be with the bread winner female.

Says who?

However, it is sometimes true that these bredwinning females are often time bossier, into themselves, controlling, not as attractive, and have a high egos. To a males defense, who want to be with that.

And you have found conclusive proof of this.....where???? up your ass?????

So now, society is stuck in the middle, having dicorces, one night stands and other relationship problems, because they are unsatisfied. Thus, crime, depression, hatred, and envy goes up in society.

I thought society was stuck in a place where there were no marriges, no sex, and no relationships.

End of the story

Thats nice, it was a pretty shity one if you ask me.

we are too selfish as human beings

Perhaps, next time put your thesis at the begining and try to support it rather than give us that lame ass male version of a Sob story.

What is it with your chronic inability to spell "women" correctly? I'm the last person to preach about spelling, but I can't help wonder if it's deliberate.

My guess is that it's a foreigner with an axe to grind...

-k

Piercej2 is going to be in trouble with the "progressives".

You're supposed to be gender-neutral.

It's supposed to be spelled Womyn. :D

Now, if you will excuse me, I am off to rub the inside of my thighs with a cheese grater to protest 2000 years of white male hegemony! :blink:

The problem with the relationship of males and females in our society is our schitzoid culture and confused value system.

Women are culturally portrayed in the media as sexpots. Their value is in how big their breasts, how long their legs, how firm their butts, how beautiful their faces. In media, they are potrayed as hot, sexually desirable. Even young girls on television are invariably shown in minis and tight tops. In society, young girls have responded by becoming far more sexually agressive. Twelve year olds are giving blowjobs, because, like, it's not really sex, wearing tight tops and thongs. Girls measure themselves by how desirable boys find them.

At the same time, women are told by another part of our media and culture that they should be assertive, intelligent, educated, capable, self-reliant, and get good jobs as lawyers, doctors and engineers. They must never give themselves to men just for sex - unless they want to. They must never give in to men, must remain aloof, strong, proud, like the noble red man... but I digress.

And uhm, they have to be hot looking.

Men are all screwed up. The media says they have to be strong, proud noble, with big muslces, but not too big, and an ability to stand up to anyone at any time, to beat up terrorists and race cars and excel in sports and defend their woman from marauding gangs of, er, marauders. He has to be rough and tough and sexy, with that nasty edge like a biker with a day's growth of beard. Grrrrrr!

But he has to be sensitive to women's needs, respectful of their aspirations, gentle and sweet and thoughtful, good humoured, talented, of course, earning good money, loving kids, artistic and ever generous in his offers to do the dishes and scrub the floors, and not spend his time watching football.

And have a sexy car, and killer bod, and nice hair, of course.

And both men and women are confused about what to look for in each other, because those media portrayals don't actually exist in real life. But we see them all the time on television, in books, in movies, and so people are looking around desperately for Mr. Right and Miss Right, and constantly disappointed in what they find. Compromise? Huh? Me compromise? My lover is great in bed, has a great job, is smart and sweet and all, but darn it all, they've got faults. None of the hot lovers on TV has faults!

There is a certain comfort level in "primitive" societies because male and female roles are clearly set out, and everyone knows them. All men must act like this and all women like that. And everyone knows that. There is no such clarity in our society. Men don't know how they should act, and neither do women. There are too many conflicting images.

This is becoming an entire thread about how people perceive themselves, and those around them.

For people who are taken in by the media's portrayal of "ideal" men and/or women, it simply shows a weakness of self-image and independant thought.

If you know who and what you are, and are comfortable with that self-image, then the media bombardment cannot affect you.

Sadly, those most affected are kids who have not yet developed their self-image, and are exploring themselves and their world trying to figure out who and what they are.

Fortunately, most kids these days are media-savvy enough to realize that what they see on TV is not the real world.

As for women stepping into high-profile professions, I say more power to them.

Ha!

I'm one of "those" women!

OMG sometimes my paycheque is larger than hubby's.

Sometimes he cooks and cleans the house.

LOL

We are all people regardless of gender. Men should not be afraid of women who make money and hold powerful positions.

The secret is to not value the female only for her bod, and to not value the male only for his wallet.

• 3 weeks later...
. Now, more than ever, there are more single woman in their mid twenties to mid 40’s, and some of them have kinds. It is hard to imagine if these people are truly happy or not, I mean how could you be. If there is no body there when you get home from work, no one to talk to, not to mention no one to have sex with, how could this be genuine happiness.

You'd be amazed at what they can do with vinyl, latex and AA batteries these days.

Yeah, feminism had nothing at all to do with the gross social inequalitie sbetween men and women. It was because some chicks couldn't find a man. :rolleyes:

I know: I don't know how many times I've seen a nice looking girl get a well-paying job and walk out of the office five minutes later looking like a hag. :rolleyes:

I have to leave this goofy-ass thread before my eyeballs roll right out of their sockets.

Great post. I couldn't have responded better myself.

• 1 month later...

These were just some thoughts on the issues that I spoke about above, I did no know it would strike such a huge arousal in people. That shows me that I am not the only one who ponders on these issues. And for the record, I do think that weman who are single really desire to be married. I am currently in college and live in a college town. Go to any bar around our campus and you will see more miny skirts, high heels, tossing of blond hair, batting of eyelashes and anything else that will draw attention. Also people are spending more money on dating corporations than they are on food sometimes. Think how many internet sites are filled with millions of personals. I mean this does keep dr. Phil in buissness, but it is aparent that there are millions of people in our society who are looking for thier soul mate

And for the record, I do think that weman who are single really desire to be married.

Seriously: what's up with this "weman" business? Is it deliberate or is spelling not a big priority in your college?

Go to any bar around our campus and you will see more miny skirts, high heels, tossing of blond hair, batting of eyelashes and anything else that will draw attention. Also people are spending more money on dating corporations than they are on food sometimes. Think how many internet sites are filled with millions of personals. I mean this does keep dr. Phil in buissness, but it is aparent that there are millions of people in our society who are looking for thier soul mate

Apparently logic isn't a big thing at your school either. How does the prevelance of dating service or flirtatious behaviour at bars support the idea that all single women really really want to get married?