Dear boomers: I’m a millennial, 36, and it looks like I will never get to retire

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. No.
2. "I get nervous in social situations m***f***" yep.
3. You have more in your fibre than 99.9% of the population I would guess.

1)What no?

2) I make pretty good spaghetti sauce myself mot******ker hahahaha great song

3) i don't think I do

Just now, SkyHigh said:

i don't think I do

Someone who grew up in Foster Care ?  And made their own way ?  You had less than no network and you did it on your own.

I know a guy who inherited millions and has to live with his nephew because he blew it.  Not a dumb guy either.  I would say he's your opposite.

Own your talents.  I doubt you are showing false humility but you seem to be oblivious to the odds of your own success.  That's not luck, that's you.  Congrats.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Someone who grew up in Foster Care ?  And made their own way ?  You had less than no network and you did it on your own.

I know a guy who inherited millions and has to live with his nephew because he blew it.  Not a dumb guy either.  I would say he's your opposite.

Own your talents.  I doubt you are showing false humility but you seem to be oblivious to the odds of your own success.  That's not luck, that's you.  Congrats.

First of all thank you

1) I actually think foster care gives one certain advantages, knowledge of self, independence, etc...

In some aspects I had a bigger network than many. I had multiple "parents" with different strengths and weaknesses I could learn from, not to mention all the professionals I saw psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, etc...

2) I've seen that. My take, money not earned is money easily spent

3)I'm definitely not humble, I have many skills others don't but at the same time lack many skills others have

It was exceptional  that I took issue with, i believe most reasonably intelligent people with a little bit of elbow grease can flourish in today's Canada 

58 minutes ago, SkyHigh said:

Always with the adhoms,

Says the guy who started with the insults.  Is hypocrisy a full time job for you or is it just a passionate hobby?

but I'm not intelligent

Well, hopefully you're pretty.

Ok kiddo, go play with someone else 

Awww muffin - sounds like you need a cookie and a nap.:)  Always entertaining when you get to the 'beg me to leave you alone' stage. Didn't mean to scare you.

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Says the guy who started with the insults.  Is hypocrisy a full time job for you or is it just a passionate hobby?

Well, hopefully you're pretty.

Awww muffin - sounds like you need a cookie and a nap.:)  Always entertaining when you get to the 'beg me to leave you alone' stage. Didn't mean to scare you.

I do like muffins

Not begging you just see no point in conversing with someone that spends as much time on a pointless Internet forum.

I've been here over three years have 400 posts, you've been here two months have 2000. 

Why would I waste my time on someone who doesn't seem to have a life? I work, volunteer, play sports, engage in social activities etc.., you argue with people on an  anonymous forum. 

In my experience people that have something to contribute to society do , those that don't spend their time trying to prove to  random strangers how smart they are.

Scare me? Please you're not even clever enough to get under my skin, pity would be the closest thing to my sentiments for you.

But you keep being a keyboard warrior, I'll go actually live life.

Sound good kiddo?

Edited by SkyHigh

35 minutes ago, SkyHigh said:

I do like muffins

Welll duhhh who doesn't. They're great!

Not begging you

of course you are. Trying to put a brave face on it doesn't help. You might as well have said "PLEASE SIR, DON"T PICK ON ME ANY MORE!".  Kinda sad.

I've been here over three years have 400 posts, you've been here two months have 2000. 

Yes - i type with more than one finger and i can think at speeds in excess of 1 word a minute so i leave you in the dust. I'm sure from your intellectual level it's very impressive.  For me it's meh - I do it when there's little pauses at work when i'm on hold or the like.

Why would I waste my time on someone who doesn't seem to have a life? I work, volunteer, play sports, engage in social activities etc.., you argue with people on an  anonymous forum. 

You're literally arguing with someone on an anonymous forum.  And judging by your reply that's what you came here to do.

Soooo yeah. 

I do those other things too, Like i said you're just slower and less intelligent. People with a brain can manage both.

In my experience people that have something to contribute to society do , those that don't spend their time trying to prove to  random strangers how smart they are.

you're literally trying to prove to me how smart you are :) LOLOLOL  -   the good news is nobody's buying it i guess :)

Scare me? Please you're not even clever enough to get under my skin, pity would be the closest thing to my sentiments for you.

Sure kiddo :) whatever you need to say to yourself to help you sleep at night. :)   little dogs like you always like to bark from the other side of a fence ;)

No wonder people like me scare you.