Canadian Catholic student arrested for saying men are different from women.

On 3/25/2023 at 7:12 PM, Contrarian said:

Do not play this game again. The Radical Center watches all. ?

Divise Comments by AOC: 

1 /

in 2019 when she accused moderate Democrats of being "New Southern Democrats" and implied that they were betraying their constituents by working with Republicans.

She specifically targeted Democrats who had voted for a bill that provided funding for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), saying that their vote was a "vote to enable a racist system."

• You and/or AOC will never have the power. Get used to it. The House always wins. ?

But you understand that isn't her saying someone is a bad person for not agreeing with her, right? She's saying on these specific issues, they're enabling racism. Not that they're bad people for not supporting her no matter what she says or does.

This is a common move people use when they can't defend their takes. When the Squad said Trump was being racist for telling them to go back to "their countries," the right-wing media claimed that the Squad calls people racist for not agreeing with them. That's obviously a bad faith deflection, as they couldn't defend Trump's racism in that situation without appearing racist themselves.

12 hours ago, I am Groot said:

No. Lots of authoritarian types try to steal elections. This need not be facism.

Would you agree that the Republicans trying to steal the election was authoritarian in that it was against democracy?

12 hours ago, I am Groot said:

The culture war nonsense comes from the progressive Left. 

Does it really? I can list plenty of culture war non-issues that the Right tried to make people care about. Fox News did stories about how Lego went "woke," about how Dr. Seuss and Mr. Potato Head have been "cancelled," about how the green M&M isn't sexy enough for Tucker Carlson anymore, and on and on and on. 

Can you find any equivalence in left-wing media?

On 3/25/2023 at 9:36 PM, OftenWrong said:

Back to bathroom wars again? You people are getting boring.

Believe me, I wish this wasn't an issue anymore. But because Republicans don't have any popular economic policies, they need to deflect by obsessing over trans people. I wish that the fascist scum Republicans would let people pee in peace.

On 3/25/2023 at 9:18 PM, Zeitgeist said:

The problem here is that you’re not really referring to reality.  Trans is a pretended gender.  

I've already explained the difference between sex and gender several times. At this point, you understand, you just don't want to accept it. You can admit that you just dislike trans people, you don't need to be such a coward about it.

No one is talking about killing trans people. 

Yeah, they're just talking about "eradicating transgenderism" at every level of society. Of course, this would include banning gender affirming care, which was cause more people with gender dysphoria to commit suicide, which is what you want. This is also being called for while hate crimes against trans people are on the rise due to right-wing media constantly lying about trans people grooming children.

C’mon.  In fact I don’t think most people of any political stripe except at the darkest extreme would mistreat a trans person.  

Even if that was true, that's not how genocides work. A genocide usually involves a tiny minority of the population actually doing the violence while the vast majority of people let it happen, either because they agree with the genocide, or because it's an authoritarian country so stopping the government is next to impossible. Even if the average right-leaning person would never kill a trans person, every single person who votes for anti-trans policy is responsible for what happens. I can excuse people who voted for Trump in 2016. But since then, Trump and the entire GOP has been so open with their fascism and transphobia, there is no longer an excuse.

I’m sure if someone using a public washroom looks enough like a gender, they’re going to enter without anyone noticing.  However, to allow anyone who identifies as another gender to enter the opposite biological gender washroom through policy is highly problematic.

So look, I know you don't care about trans people, but what do you think is going to happen in a society where it's illegal for people to use a public bathroom of the gender they identify with unless they look like that gender? So many cis people are going to get accused of being trans in right-wing areas, especially with right-wing media becoming more and more transphobic.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:25 PM, CdnFox said:

And he was very clear - and it was clear from his quote - that he was not talking about people but the politics around it

But of course you HAVE to lie to make your point.

I know, right? It's like when the nazis tried to eradicate jewishness in Germany. Or the Ottomans tried to get rid of all that pesky armenianess.

On 3/25/2023 at 7:14 PM, CdnFox said:

Sure i can but whenever i give examples you just pretend i never had any.  I mention several people and in the next post you claim i didn't come up with any.

Bullshit. The only person you mentioned was AOC, but you didn't give any examples.

On 3/25/2023 at 7:14 PM, CdnFox said:

Your definition of 'deflect' seems to be when i tell truth's you don't like. The only one deflecting here is you mirror girl. When you accuse others of it we pretty much know you've realized you've lost the discussion point.

Anyone with three seconds and an internet connection can find examples - AOC is NOT a nice person.  So look a few up yourself and stop hiding behind your lies.

OR - just accept that i'm right and accuse me of 'deflecting' with the truth yet again :)

I asked for examples of AOC saying someone is a bad person for not agreeing with her. I said you were probably just going to deflect. Then, instead of giving me some examples, you wrote a paragraph of deflection. Fantastic. This is almost beautiful in how perfect it is.

• Downvote 1

On 3/25/2023 at 7:46 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Oh yeah, which studies?

https://www.mic.com/articles/114066/statistics-show-exactly-how-many-times-trans-people-have-attacked-you-in-bathrooms

INB4 the stats were compiled by marxist Jews.

On 3/25/2023 at 7:46 PM, Zeitgeist said:

So if I feel like a woman today I can waltz into the women’s change room after my workout.  Maybe after that I can compete on the women’s hockey team.  I have a mean body check.  

So I know you're being bad faith because you're a fascist, but this actually is a fair point. Should trans women be allowed in women's sports? Well, most sports leagues only allow trans women on a case by case basis. If a trans woman has been on hormones long enough, then she no longer has an advantage over men in most sports. This is why a trans woman has never won gold in the Olympics. The myth of the man who poses as a trans woman and dominates women's sports is another lie. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Americana Antifa said:

I've already explained the difference between sex and gender several times. At this point, you understand, you just don't want to accept it. You can admit that you just dislike trans people, you don't need to be such a coward about it.

Yeah, they're just talking about "eradicating transgenderism" at every level of society. Of course, this would include banning gender affirming care, which was cause more people with gender dysphoria to commit suicide, which is what you want. This is also being called for while hate crimes against trans people are on the rise due to right-wing media constantly lying about trans people grooming children.

Even if that was true, that's not how genocides work. A genocide usually involves a tiny minority of the population actually doing the violence while the vast majority of people let it happen, either because they agree with the genocide, or because it's an authoritarian country so stopping the government is next to impossible. Even if the average right-leaning person would never kill a trans person, every single person who votes for anti-trans policy is responsible for what happens. I can excuse people who voted for Trump in 2016. But since then, Trump and the entire GOP has been so open with their fascism and transphobia, there is no longer an excuse.

So look, I know you don't care about trans people, but what do you think is going to happen in a society where it's illegal for people to use a public bathroom of the gender they identify with unless they look like that gender? So many cis people are going to get accused of being trans in right-wing areas, especially with right-wing media becoming more and more transphobic.

You can’t explain something into being.  Reality doesn’t work that way.  You’re asserting that someone can be two different genders at once, biological and expressed, simply by desire, and that the non-biological one is in fact the one that counts.  I don’t care what activist Gender Studies profs wrote in support of this idea. The science doesn’t lie. I do think that the mental illness of dysphoria as defined in the DSM is a real condition deserving of attention. Many people who think they may be trans are actually gay and struggling with accepting that. I don’t dislike trans people and I do think in highly exceptional cases surgery and hormone treatment may be the answer, but I’m skeptical.  Transgenderism is a subcategory of transhumanism, which is about using technology to change or enhance once’s natural biological traits.  It’s highly experimental and the Church doesn’t recognize it.  We can care about the person and be compassionate without agreeing to every accommodation if certain accommodations infringe on other people’s rights.

I would worry much more about the impacts of a society that affirms non-biological gender in children and funds surgeries and treatments than one that reserves such procedures for adults after heavy screening.  I’m not even sure a publicly funded system should fund this kind of treatment given the tremendous risk of client remorse and liability.

On washrooms, read my prior posts.

Of course we should have nothing but compassion for anyone suffering from serious dysphoria, and I do think trans people must be protected from discrimination.  That doesn’t mean every accommodation is reasonable, as we’ve seen in trans participation in women’s sports.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You can’t explain something into being.  Reality doesn’t work that way.  You’re asserting that someone can be two different genders at once, biological and expressed, simply by desire, and that the non-biological one is in fact the one that counts.  I don’t care what activist Gender Studies profs wrote in support of this idea. The science doesn’t lie. I do think that the mental illness of dysphoria as defined in the DSM is a real condition deserving of attention. Many people who think they may be trans are actually gay and struggling with accepting that. I don’t dislike trans people and I do think in highly exceptional cases surgery and hormone treatment may be the answer, but I’m skeptical.  Transgenderism is a subcategory of transhumanism, which is about using technology to change or enhance once’s natural biological traits.  It’s highly experimental and the Church doesn’t recognize it.  We can care about the person and be compassionate without agreeing to every accommodation if certain accommodations infringe on other people’s rights.

I would worry much more about the impacts of a society that affirms non-biological gender in children and funds surgeries and treatments than one that reserves such procedures for adults after heavy screening.  I’m not even sure a publicly funded system should fund this kind of treatment given the tremendous risk of client remorse and liability.

On washrooms, read my prior posts.

Of course we should have nothing but compassion for anyone suffering from serious dysphoria, and I do think trans people must be protected from discrimination.  That doesn’t mean every accommodation is reasonable, as we’ve seen in trans participation in women’s sports.

This is all just angry deflecting from that fact that you're too much of a puss to accept that gender and sex are two different concepts.

Serious question, are you an incel?

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Americana Antifa said:

This is all just angry deflecting from that fact that you're too much of a puss to accept that gender and sex are two different concepts.

Serious question, are you an incel?

You have weak arguments, so you resort to calling people fascists and incels.  Pathetic.  

6 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

No, I already explained to you the difference between sex and gender several times. You kept deflecting like a coward.

So are you an incel? I notice that a lot of fascists are.

Are you an immature extremist? A lot of people who hurl unwarranted insults at people they disagree with are.

I’m not deflecting anything.  I don’t support pseudoscience.  You believe in pseudoscience and support policies that violate the rights of women and men.

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Are you an immature extremist? A lot of people who hurl unwarranted insults at people they disagree with are.

I’m not deflecting anything.  I don’t support pseudoscience.  You believe in pseudoscience and support policies that violate the rights of women and men.

You deflected from my question about you being an incel like most fascists.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

Would you agree that the Republicans trying to steal the election was authoritarian in that it was against democracy?

Obviously.

Does it really? I can list plenty of culture war non-issues that the Right tried to make people care about. Fox News did stories about how Lego went "woke," about how Dr. Seuss and Mr. Potato Head have been "cancelled," about how the green M&M isn't sexy enough for Tucker Carlson anymore, and on and on and on. 

Can you find any equivalence in left-wing media?

Gee, that would be hard. It's not like it happens every single day, after all.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/27/megyn-kelly-slams-espn-for-feting-trans-swimmer-lia-thomas/?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

15 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Extreme right far left gaga googoo...

Let's make sure to label things so that we can avoid deep discussions...

It's difficult to have a deep conversation with someone who refuses to read more than a line or two.

10 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

You keep ignoring the fact that they are treated exactly the same in law. Forcing women to accept men in their showers and change rooms is forcing females to accept males in their showers and changing rooms.

I know, right? It's like when the nazis tried to eradicate jewishness in Germany. Or the Ottomans tried to get rid of all that pesky armenianess.

In your case, more like the Girl who cried Nazi :)

And again - you have to lie to make your point.  The nazi's actually attacked the jews, the ottomans actually tried to get rid of the " armenianess" as you call them.  This guy didn't try to get rid of anyone NOR DID HE CALL FOR IT.

buuuuuut hey - don't let the truth hold you back, amiright?

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

It's difficult to have a deep conversation with someone who refuses to read more than a line or two.

I don't continue reading if I find something that's total nonsense.

If I started my post with "Since you are a far-right extemist... " or "Since Poilievre is a Nazi..." I really wouldn't expect you to read the rest.  It's just a waste of time if that's the foundation of the following points.  

Don't take it personally.  I don't ignore you - you have some good points.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

In your case, more like the Girl who cried Nazi :)

I know, right? Why am I comparing people who call for genocide to the nazis?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

And again - you have to lie to make your point.  The nazi's actually attacked the jews, the ottomans actually tried to get rid of the " armenianess" as you call them.  This guy didn't try to get rid of anyone NOR DID HE CALL FOR IT.

I know, he only called for the eradication of "transgenderism."

And it's not like right-wing media, like the Daily Wire which he works at, has caused a massive spike in violence against trans people.

• Downvote 1

You keep ignoring the fact that they are treated exactly the same in law. Forcing women to accept men in their showers and change rooms is forcing females to accept males in their showers and changing rooms.

Yes, but I'm not saying they should be forced to do that. I said at least twice before in this thread, I think people should be allowed to self-segregate however they want.

However, just because I think something should be legal, doesn't mean I agree with people doing that thing. I think it should be legal to ban blonde people from your country club, even though I would disagree with that.

Obviously.

So the Republicans are authoritarian, we apparently can agree on that. Would you also agree that hysterical hatred against LGBT people is reactionary?

The NY Post is far-right and prints fake news.

Give me some examples of left-wing media doing a story about a culture war non-issue the way right-wing media does literally every day.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

I know, right? Why am I comparing people who call for genocide to the nazis?

Well you aren't of course. You're lying about people calling for genocide and then trying to attach them to the nazis because you feel that furthers your goal.  Very Fascist of you

I know, he only called for the eradication of "transgenderism."

Yep - and was clear he was talking about the political element of it, and noted this would be better for both transgender people and the population in general.  He was very clear he was not talking about transgender people.

Oh  - but that doesn't fit your narrative does it. Better lie about it.

And it's not like right-wing media, like the Daily Wire which he works at, has caused a massive spike in violence against trans people.

Exactly. It's not like that at all.

People like YOU - who go around insisting that everyone's a nazi (and then support 'punch a nazi' campaigns) spark that violence.

You spread hatred and ignorance and convince people that YOU - a violent hate filled radical bigot who thinks all "others" are subhuman inferiors - are somehow representative of trans people and other lettered people.

Sorry but if you're looking for a source of the negativity towards trans - you need to look in the mirror. You can't spread hatred without causing hatred.

• Like 1