Dilbert Gets Canceled

19 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Pointing out the discrepancy, in that more white people get killed by police in the US alone, is racist by today's views. Stats show this even in 2023.

Sounds so simple when you take it out of context. Problem is, it ignores the fact there are 4.7 times as many white people in the US than black. Whites are killed by police at a rate of 2.3 per million population and blacks at 5.9 per million population or 2.5 times as often.

Why that is happening is certainly open to discussion but yes, cherry picking to reflect the opposite of reality can be racist.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Whites are killed by police at a rate of 2.3 per million population and blacks at 5.9 per million population or 2.5 times as often.

Why that is happening is certainly open to discussion but yes, cherry picking to reflect the opposite of reality can be racist.

To me, this indicates the higher likelihood of crime.

Am sorry, but police pulling out guns is insanely rare. Many won't even pull their guns their entire careers. Watch the news, and feel it is often, because they want to paint a narrative.

Heck, even George Floyd had committed a crime and was being belligerent and resisted arrest. This wasn't racism, this was a cop with serious anger management issues which had plagued his file. He should have been fired after the first couple of offenses.

Calling him racist fit a narrative. He was a murderer.

The reason there was outrage, is not because he was innocent, but due to the profuse level of force used on a subdued suspect.

I have seen so many news stories focusing on race, and when reading into it or finding video, finding that a crime had been committed, and police had been called only to be dealing with hostile suspects.

How many times has a suspect went for a cops weapon, or gave chase?

Looking into all available data, doesn't paint a racist police problem.

It paints a crime problem, within some in the black community. It paints a problem among the police where telling on someone could get you demoted. Many cops hate this but are just as afraid to speak as those in black communities due to retribution. I see nothing but community issues. 

If you have more encounters with police and many are hostile, you run a likelier chance of facing violence.

Racism is an easy scapegoat than to look into the mirror as a police force and a black community, and realize that maybe there needs to be changes in how they do things.

24 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Racism is an easy scapegoat

Yes it is and it distracts from addressing the real issue.

Declaring Black History Month and removing some statues does nothing for black families who live in ghetto-like conditions. But it makes politicians look good to the well-to-do white voters. 

By pushing a false narrative and pouring money into it, they are actually making matters worse for everyone.

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Whites are killed by police at a rate of 2.3 per million population and blacks at 5.9 per million population or 2.5 times as often.

What about the poor then. I'll bet if you could find that you'll see a similar disparity. People who live in well-to-do neighbourhoods most likely commit far less crimes, and that is regardless of skin colour.

On 2/28/2023 at 6:39 AM, Rebound said:

Here’s the poll that set Adams’ head on fire:

”It’s ok to be white”

53% Agree

26% Disagree

21% Not Sure

Knowing that this is a white supremacist phrase, do you think black people would approve of it?

This should make all of us very untrusting of Rasmussen Reports from now on. They clearly used this poll to mislead people. If you look at Rasmussen’s Twitter post about the poll, they sure as heck didn’t mention that it’s a phrase commonly used by white supremacists. And of course they didn’t ask black people if they were aware that white supremacists used the phrase. The purpose of a survey is not to try to “prove” that people think differently from the way they actually think.

Here’s the thing: “It’s OK to be white” is a phrase invented by white supremacists: https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbol/its-okay-be-white

”The phrase “It’s Okay To Be White” is a slogan popularized in late 2017 as a trolling campaign by members of the controversial discussion forum 4chan. The original idea behind the campaign was to choose an ostensibly innocuous and inoffensive slogan, put that slogan on fliers bereft of any other words or imagery, then place the fliers in public locations.

White supremacists had themselves used the phrase in the past—including on fliers—long before the 4chan campaign originated.”

Wait a minute. "It's OK to be white" is NOT a white supremacy phrase; especially in light of the heat white people take for being white. 

I get that your head is lodged way up systemic racism's a$$, but rest assured that a white guy saying it's OK to be white is nowhere near white supremacist - it's more survivalist than supremacist. 

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

People who live in well-to-do neighbourhoods most likely commit far less crimes, and that is regardless of skin colour.

I live in an upscale neighborhood, and am black. All encounters I have had with the police, had smiles on both sides. I mean, I have had cops ask me for directions.

Polar opposite where I grew up.

There is a high level of distrust on both sides.

I was stopped several times for matching a description. Once surrounded by 5 squad cars while being interrogated.

My crime? Walking late night in a hoodie on a Saturday, while black.

When I left the neighborhood and attitude behind, I never was bothered by police afterwards.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

What about the poor then. I'll bet if you could find that you'll see a similar disparity. People who live in well-to-do neighbourhoods most likely commit far less crimes, and that is regardless of skin colour.

What about the poor, do their lives matter less? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

They get away with a lot more crime and get punished far less. Petty crooks steal $1000 and go to jail. White collar crooks steal hundreds of thousands and pay fines. 

Edited by Rebound

45 minutes ago, Rebound said:

They get away with a lot more crime and get punished far less. Petty crooks steal $1000 and go to jail. White collar crooks steal hundreds of thousands and pay fines. 

That's not the type of crimes we were talking about.

Those who are killed by police during violent arrests.

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

What about the poor, do their lives matter less? 

Why do you ask? Are you inferring I don't think so?

Why would I raise them up and complain about how your obsession with racism DETRACTS from helping the poor, while you distract yourselves with "BLACKS".

Go on and give em some more ups there, Mikey.

On 3/1/2023 at 6:38 PM, Perspektiv said:

From educators, to politicians, to activists and some on social media in positions of high influence, news etc. The list goes on, but there are multiple parties, behind this movement, which is incredibly divisive, and does no good.

Nothing wrong with teaching history. Something wrong about teaching white guilt.

Slavery is part of history. Colonialism. How it is taught is the issue, at times -- not it being taught. Objectivity is key, along with the ability to understand the actual history and era one is talking about.

Or, if they have their skin color diminished via white shaming.

You shouldn't if its taught objectively.

I don’t understand this “white shame” concept you’re talking about.  Slavery was horrible. Babies sold out of their mothers’ arms, wives sold from husbands, wives raped and then sold from husbands, brutal violence… 

I don’t see anyone teaching that people should be ashamed over this, but we should teach it. 

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Why do you ask? Are you inferring I don't think so?

Why would I raise them up and complain about how your obsession with racism DETRACTS from helping the poor, while you distract yourselves with "BLACKS".

Go on and give em some more ups there, Mikey.

I don't have an obsession with racism, I just responded to a statement that more whites are killed by police than blacks. Of course, there are 4.5 times as many of them. 

I don't have an obsession with racism, I just responded to a statement that more whites are killed by police than blacks. Of course, there are 4.5 times as many of them. 

Oh. Well in that case, I beg your pardon...

I said, in my opinion the real common denominator when it comes to crime is not skin colour but poverty.

And there is a disproportionate number of black people living in poverty

which is the level of society where you have a lot of violent crime.

People who commit violent crimes get shot by the cops

so yeah, a lot more blacks get shot by the cops, per capita. Get my point?

and that stigma gets carried on through society, the identification of the black as the criminal, so there's your racist reaction in the making.

It is actually perpetuated by failed government policies that throw money in the wrong direction, while the real problem gets covered up.

And government efforts have actually worsened racism, by insisting on constantly bringing race into the dialogue, where it often is not needed.

Edited by OftenWrong

10 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Oh. Well in that case, I beg your pardon...

I said, in my opinion the real common denominator when it comes to crime is not skin colour but poverty.

And there is a disproportionate number of black people living in poverty

which is the level of society where you have a lot of violent crime.

People who commit violent crimes get shot by the cops

so yeah, a lot more blacks get shot by the cops, per capita. Get my point?

and that stigma gets carried on through society, the identification of the black as the criminal, so there's your racist reaction in the making.

It is actually perpetuated by failed government policies that throw money in the wrong direction, while the real problem gets covered up.

And government efforts have actually worsened racism, by insisting on constantly bringing race into the dialogue, where it often is not needed.

Unfortunately they are having too many incidents where people are being killed by police for reasons that don't warrant anything near killing them. 

9 hours ago, Rebound said:

I don’t see anyone teaching that people should be ashamed over this, but we should teach it. 

White shame is the teaching that in doing nothing as a white person, they are complicit to this. 

Most teachers are objective, but some have been caught teaching this with an agenda.

You see news, and others talking about the past with an agenda.

Having to apologize, bow down for what people have done generations ago.

Unfortunately they are having too many incidents where people are being killed by police for reasons that don't warrant anything near killing them. 

Nobody wants to talk about their lives of crime and bad decisions, including resisting arrest, fleeing in a vehicle, and many other instances where police officers will be apprehending you red-hot with anger, adrenaline and no less, heavily armed.

Cops are of course being held to high standards as they represent the law, but if am black, I can drive off, run away and assault a cop and expect to be gently arrested?

This is ridiculous, and essentially enables criminal behavior vs stopping it.

No responsibility is put on communities where killing one another is the norm. Accepted norm, no less.

On 2/27/2023 at 8:59 AM, Rebound said:

Comic strip Dilbert has been canceled by hundreds of newspapers nationwide in the wake of a racist tirade comic Scott Adams unleashed during an online chat. 

After calling Black Americans a “hate group,“ he went on to say that, “I don’t want to have anything to do with them,” and, “based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to white people is to get the hell away from Black people. Just get the f*** away. Wherever you have to go, just get away. Because there’s no fixing this. This can’t be fixed… It makes no sense to help Black Americans if you’re white.”

He went on to say, “You should absolutely be racist whenever it’s to your advantage” and that any change in society is a “racist change,” including changing the tax codes.

Liberal hacks say the same thing, reversing the races, so that whites are a "Hate Group," but hate sites like CNN, MSNBC, et al are not cancelled.

34 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Nobody wants to talk about their lives of crime and bad decisions, including resisting arrest, fleeing in a vehicle, and many other instances where police officers will be apprehending you red-hot with anger, adrenaline and no less, heavily armed.

Cops are of course being held to high standards as they represent the law, but if am black, I can drive off, run away and assault a cop and expect to be gently arrested?

No responsibility is put on communities where killing one another is the norm. Accepted norm, no less.

Still doesn't deserve the death penalty.  I know it is a tough job but if cops can't keep their emotions in check and act professionally, they should at least get some help and departments should make that help available without penalizing an officer. I hate it when cops do things that make the whole profession look bad.

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

It is a COP'S JOB to arrest you as gently AS POSSIBLE. Many do not DO THEIR JOB. Esp when their target is HATED.

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

It is a COP'S JOB to arrest you as gently AS POSSIBLE. Many do not DO THEIR JOB. Esp when their target is HATED.

If you are resisting arrest and are a threat to others, it's the cops job to mitigate the threat.

This includes pain compliance. Doesn’t look good on TV, but is fully lawful when applied appropriately. 

You lose the lawful right to a gentle arrest, the moment you break additional laws by assaulting an officer or resisting an arrest.

Of course, some officers have abused of this, causing unnecessary harm, but to say an officer cannot use force, is you not understanding the law.

5 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

If you are resisting arrest and are a threat to others, it's the cops job to mitigate the threat.

This includes pain compliance. Doesn’t look good on TV, but is fully lawful when applied appropriately. 

You lose the lawful right to a gentle arrest, the moment you break additional laws by assaulting an officer or resisting an arrest.

Of course, some officers have abused of this, causing unnecessary harm, but to say an officer cannot use force, is you not understanding the law.

"Force" does NOT extend to physical injury. If a cop can't handle the perp by himself, he needs to get backup.

You're treading very close to Trump's 'slam their head against the door jam' territory.