Democracy, in pictures and numbers

myata

The pictures: underwater bicycle parking, Amsterdam

The numbers: Dutch MP salary: approx. 93,000 Euro. Canada MP salary: $185,800.

An empirical question: in what relation can be government salaries and citizen services, in the first world?

And in the third?

bike.jpg

b2.jpg

Edited by myata

• myata changed the title to Democracy, in pictures and numbers

What are you trying to imply???

MP's in a 33K sq km country vs an MP in a 9 million sq km country salary?

What is the point of your posts (as in, what is the point in most of your posts)?

What has a bike parking garage to do with democracy??

Do you have any idea why Amsterdam needs bicycle parking? They have more bikes than people.Bike parking is a huge issue and building it under water is not an issue since there is very little land to build it on. Besides, you dig down 1/2 meter and you are under water lol.

Oh and I have been to Amsterdam and seen the bicycle problem they have.

https://www.google.com/search?q=amsterdam+bicycle+problem&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=AJOqlzX_vWZaV1a0UokyyHZ9xa__RWYoSg:1674912998839&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj7g82Sser8AhWVkIkEHXnUA3cQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1135&bih=618&dpr=2

Edited by ExFlyer

My source claims that as of june 2022 the average salary of a dutch member of parliament was 117,700 EUR (which at today's foreign exchange rate would equal $170,000 CAD). If you were to add on the 8% holiday pay that all dutch workers get it would increase to $184,318 CAD. Not a hell of a lot of difference I'd say.

https://www.amsterdamtips.com/salaries-in-amsterdam-netherlands

4 hours ago, myata said:

OK that line of thinking should make our MP compensations second only two Russian. And just maybe, in more than one way. Especially if we keep insisting on blindly not seeing the obvious connections.

Yup, costs a lot to run a huge country.

3 hours ago, suds said:

My source claims that as of june 2022 the average salary of a dutch member of parliament was 117,700 EUR (which at today's foreign exchange rate would equal $170,000 CAD). If you were to add on the 8% holiday pay that all dutch workers get it would increase to $184,318 CAD. Not a hell of a lot of difference I'd say.

https://www.amsterdamtips.com/salaries-in-amsterdam-netherlands

Who cares what dutch make??

Except you who is pissed at everyone that makes more than you LOL

You have a total inferiority complex about other folks wages. Work harder, become a better person, make yourself useful and make as much as them. LOl

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

costs a lot to run

How much "a lot"? Who decided that, and how? "A lot" with automatic annual rise approaching (soon) a salary of a significant fraction of citizens? It costs a lot to run a third world country, any dictator will tell you as much. Will we know the difference? How?

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Who cares what dutch make??

Except you who is pissed at everyone that makes more than you LOL

You have a total inferiority complex about other folks wages. Work harder, become a better person, make yourself useful and make as much as them. LOl

I believe you have me confused with someone else. My response was to the OP.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, myata said:

Any dictator will gladly sign up to that. Why do we need to care? Like what would (or could) be making us, to care about such things?

Again, who cares what the dutch make... except inferiority complexed people like you.

Also again, you make no sense. Off meds??

Pigs running their trough - what could go wrong? Why would they need to compare with the Dutch, what positive news could it bring them?

Why, in a democracy" benefits of citizens are indexed differently from compensations of their representatives""? Answer this - clearly and intelligibly, before wriggling to stand beside the Dutch.

"Because we can"

Edited by myata

You fail to see the obvious logical connection. Pigs at the trough have no reasons, no incentives to make anything like the OP (pictures). Their job, main and mostly, is to keep the place at the trough and press the dough button, diligently and regularly. "The only reason to have a party is to win the government". There, first person.

On 1/29/2023 at 3:08 AM, myata said:

Pigs running their trough - what could go wrong? Why would they need to compare with the Dutch, what positive news could it bring them?

Why, in a democracy" benefits of citizens are indexed differently from compensations of their representatives""? Answer this - clearly and intelligibly, before wriggling to stand beside the Dutch.

"Because we can"

7 hours ago, myata said:

You fail to see the obvious logical connection. Pigs at the trough have no reasons, no incentives to make anything like the OP (pictures). Their job, main and mostly, is to keep the place at the trough and press the dough button, diligently and regularly. "The only reason to have a party is to win the government". There, first person.

You are seriously suffering an inferiority breakdown.

Work harder, learn more and you can also make as much as others. All your complaining about how much others make is meaningless. They earn what they work for. They get paid for working, not for complaining.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

You are seriously suffering an inferiority breakdown.

Work harder, learn more and you can also make as much as others. All your complaining about how much others make is meaningless. They earn what they work for. They get paid for working, not for complaining.

Uhmmm...that's not...completely true...actually.

I'm approaching the end of my IT career and now, I'm paid for what I know...more than what I actually do.

Meh...it is the natural evolution of a career...I suppose.

16 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Uhmmm...that's not...completely true...actually.

I'm approaching the end of my IT career and now, I'm paid for what I know...more than what I actually do.

Meh...it is the natural evolution of a career...I suppose.

Uhmmmmmm.....the post was not you but to the ever whining about wages Myata.

Yup, as you move up the experience ladder, your knowledge is worth more than your output and your efforts are being rewarded.

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Uhmmmmmm.....the post was not you but to the ever whining about wages Myata.

Yup, as you move up the experience ladder, your knowledge is worth more than your output and your efforts are being rewarded.

Wages are not...a reflection of importance...at least for many.

Emergency services and nurses come to mind.

But ya...