Davos speaker calls for one billion people to stop eating meat, for the environment

2 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Why?

If your electric utility installs dozens of windmills, which provide electricity at a cost of zero, and shut down a coal plant, how does that harm you?

Here’s what I don’t understand: If you’re a nationalist, isn’t energy independence from Arab nations a plus for you? 

Here's what I don't understand. We had energy independence and the Democrats shat upon it.

Why couldn't they make their grand transition without fcking over the existing systems and economy?

32 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Here's 2 well known scientists. Refute this.

Jordan Peterson?  He's a therapist and self help person with a BA.

Maybe cite an actual paper or study?

I don't think that you understand the problem, nor does Peterson.  His pronouncements on the topic were shockingly misguided, to the point of bringing his academic credentials into question.

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Here's what I don't understand. We had energy independence and the Democrats shat upon it.

Why couldn't they make their grand transition without fcking over the existing systems and economy?

We did not have energy independence.  

Today, and last year, and two years ago, and ten years ago, the price you pay for gas is decided by a handful of Arab oil sheiks.  That is not independence.  

32 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Jordan Peterson?  He's a therapist and self help person with a BA.

Maybe cite an actual paper or study?

I don't think that you understand the problem, nor does Peterson.  His pronouncements on the topic were shockingly misguided, to the point of bringing his academic credentials into question.

Riiight...

https://www.lomborg.com/

https://chrisvacc.medium.com/jordan-peterson-what-are-his-credentials-in-academia-393e1fb04494

36 minutes ago, Rebound said:

We did not have energy independence.  

Today, and last year, and two years ago, and ten years ago, the price you pay for gas is decided by a handful of Arab oil sheiks.  That is not independence.  

Oh horseshit.

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/fossil-fuels/gas-and-oil/the-united-states-was-energy-independent-in-2019-for-the-first-time-since-1957/

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Why?

If your electric utility installs dozens of windmills, which provide electricity at a cost of zero, and shut down a coal plant, how does that harm you?

Here’s what I don’t understand: If you’re a nationalist, isn’t energy independence from Arab nations a plus for you? 

Windmills do not provide electricity at a cost of zero.

The world is not going to end anytime soon. Some of the predictions were way off base. 

I don't plan on eating bugs. But I suppose governments will attack the meat industry in the same way they attack the oil and gas sector, by strangling it with taxation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok.  No paper in climate science?

A YouTube, a book and an article about Peterson... Ok.

Mike...go home. You're getting pathetic now.

You asked about your peer reviewed papers, I gave you your peer reviewed papers. You questioned Peterson's credentials, I showed you his ample credentials.

Now just slink off and lick your wounds.

Edited by Nationalist

15 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Wow. The US oil industry’s opposed to alternative energy? I can’t imagine why!!! Can you figure that one out?

As I said, whether the US produces more or less petroleum than we consume, US consumers remain beholden to the whims of Arab oil sheiks.  THAT is not “independence.”

Edited by Rebound