Do you support veterans ?

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't have to meet you to serve you with a personal injury lawsuit

I don't want to meet a filthy disgusting coward like you

I would leave it to my lawyers to deal with, if you ever came off the internet to accuse me of stolen valour

Well Dougie, you hit the low of the lowest. The coward is actually you.

Pissed off because I call you out as you are and your petty vengeance is shown by searching out my posts and giving me 50 down arrows.

Pretty sad and feeble. Abuse of a system. Proves what kind of loser you truly are. LOL

Your regiment would be ashamed of their former members behaviour. You disgrace and embarrass your former regiment.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Your regiment would be ashamed of their former members behaviour. You disgrace and embarrass your former regiment.

there's barely anybody left in the regiment

Canada has effectively dismantled its own military

as I say, I just got together with my closest friends & family from the regiment

all we could do was lament the sad state of affairs

21 hours ago, Contrarian said:

That describes establishment figures which post on this forum such as @Michael Hardnerthat ignore your trolling and disrespect towards the Canadian Forces. He calls himself a conservative. Canadian society is too nice. 

With us new immigrants, is hard the bully yard behaviour, that works for Michael to keep you around as a pet, but not for me. Good luck in your journey "soldier" ;)

I would fumigate all the trolls from here if I could.

Since I can't, I mostly ignore them and try not to give them the attention they crave.

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I would fumigate all the trolls from here if I could.

Since I can't, I mostly ignore them and try not to give them the attention they crave.

I feel the same way about you

I'm not here to talk to you

I'm talking to Zeitgeist, Army Guy, DoP, Goddess, Westcan

I don't pay any attention to you, unless you start talking to or about me

7 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

there's barely anybody left in the regiment

Canada has effectively dismantled its own military

as I say, I just got together with my closest friends & family from the regiment

all we could do was lament the sad state of affairs

Your RSM and whomever is left would be aghast at your display of anger, disrespect and outright rudeness. There would be disciplinary action coming your way if the regiment was alive and you were actually a member.

You clearly have nothing going for you in your life other than the simple short time you served in the past.

You are a disgrace and you dishonour all ex and serving members of the Military

Edited by ExFlyer

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Your RSM and whomever is left would be aghast at your display of anger, disrespect and outright rudeness.

I've known the RSM for years, I knew him when he was a Private Soldier

he's not someone I view as having the authority to judge me

if he wants to get aghast, I would just say "whatever, Chris, get down off your high horse"

35 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I've known the RSM for years, I knew him when he was a Private Soldier

he's not someone I view as having the authority to judge me

if he wants to get aghast, I would just say "whatever, Chris, get down off your high horse"

27 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

big whoop

22 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the boys in the regiment know that I've lived a charmed life

I got everything I ever wanted, the things that young Canadians dream of

except for a rational functioning government operating in good faith

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

frankly, my brothers from the regiment are pretty much in total agreement with Army Guy

so whatever Army Guy says to me, that's what they say too

As I said in an earlier post, so narcissistic. All about you LOL

Oh and I respect Army Guy . He and I have had numerous respectful discussions. And we do not always agree with each other but mutual respect keeps discussions civil.

He would never stoop so low as to search out 50 past posts and give them down arrows out of spite, like you. :)

Edited by ExFlyer

36 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you openly acknowledge that you are just here to troll people

so its very easy to find posts of yours which are down votable as obviously trolling

Nope, I am specifically speaking of you.

30 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you're the one talking about me, right now

go ahead and stop talking about me, anytime

Just defining you as a narcissist.

24 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I have friends & followers on this forum who openly express their respect & admiration for me

and I return compliments to them in kind

you are just a troll here, mostly jumping into conversations to engage in ad hominem fallacies

The people that follow you are not those "openly express their respect & admiration for me", they are of similar ilk and very few. don't flatter yourself LOL

The only troll is yourself that needs dozens of post to get a scrambled thought across and fails at that.

17 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I lost all respect for the Legion when they threw Don Cherry under the bus

Don Cherry was their greatest advocate & supporter

yet rather than come to his defence

they cancelled him, erased him from their ranks

just because a tiny number of Woke lunatics in the internet called him a "racist"

One post you support the Legion, then in another post you lost respect for the Legion.

Your post so much BS you confuse yourself LOL

Oh and Cherry has been outed as a racist, bigot and idiot. No one wants to hear form him any more. Even his best friend and long time colleague no longer speaks to him.

22 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I give money in the hopes that it will reach the veterans, quickly & directly

my opinion of the Legion comes second

Ha Ha Ha...  called out again. Don't trip while back peddling LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

59 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

there's no backpedalling

I said I would try to help veterans in any practical way I could

I simply choose not to participate in the ceremonial aspects anymore

Ha Ha Ha.

You support the Legion in one post and do not support the Legion in another Ha Ha Ha

Backpedalling at high speed Ha Ha Ha

13 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

and it's not just me

literally no civilian I know now participates in Remembrance Day

none of my neighbours go to the parade

nobody I work with goes to the parade

November 11 will just be another day at work

nobody will be wearing a poppy, nobody will take any notice of it

so it's not like I'm going to stick out with the civvies

they literally have zero interest in anything to do with the military, couldn't care less

if anything, they are somewhat hostile about it

if I ever even mention the military,

they basically just roll their eyes, make some sort of snarky comment

the older people will invoke the military as being a laughing stock, a joke

the younger kids will say something like it's "racist" or "warmongering"

Pretty sad commentary from a guy that does nothing but rant about his former life and his allegiance to his regiment and posts videos of military activities and songs.

Not only are you narcissistic but hypocritical as well. Lots of blather on a forum but nothing your real life

Keep up trying to defend yourself as the true person is coming out...a hypocritical, narcissistic, ex minor league part time soldier. Ha Ha Ha.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the Legion has nothing to do with the regiment

I don't know a single member of the regiment who is a member of the Legion

if we go to the Legion, they don't recognize us as having anything to do with them

Ha Ha Ha.....  you are losing dude..., no , you lost.

Support the legion in one post and not in the other... Ha Ha Ha

Glad you agree with the rest of the post Ha Ha Ha.

5 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Ha Ha Ha.....  you are losing dude..., no , you lost.

Support the legion in one post and not in the other... Ha Ha Ha

Glad you agree with the rest of the post Ha Ha Ha.

last time we went to the Legion, there wasn't even any military people there at all

it was all civilians

we asked them if they had served in the military

they said no

then they went back to their drinks and ignored us

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

last time we went to the Legion, there wasn't even any military people there at all

it was all civilians

we asked them if they had served in the military

they said no

then they went back to their drinks and ignored us

Give it up dude. You screwed up. Suck it up and move on.

We know what you are and have zero credibility anymore.

Move on and away LOL   Done throwing your hypocrisy in your face.

38 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

in the end, I simply don't believe in it anymore

I don't believe Canada reflects the values invoked on Remembrance Day

I don't believe Canada cares about its own military, the military is being dismantled for all intents & purposes

I don't believe Canada takes care of its veterans

Veterans Affairs literally told a veteran in distress that they would help him kill himself

cynical as I am about Canada, that was none the less stunning, unbelievable

the Government of Canada states that the military is a "racist misogynist institution"

the Government of Canada calls its veterans "violent extremists, white supremacists, Nazis"

I just don't know how to believe in that, hypocrisy would be pretending that I do

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqO1Dq3fXIyC5hpJ2Z9IZ2gC_Uu6HEpK17BqTMeMkApL50PqUqORSGLAAr8-KtnFdCFxY&usqp=CAU

On 10/29/2022 at 3:43 PM, Contrarian said:

As any member of society, or outsider as I have been called here -> I have met military folks.

I don't need a tour to understand the mind frame of a military man and I don't like to promise things that I can not do. 

One constant what I noticed they rarely complain to outsiders about their internal kitchen. Maybe they understand the stakes are higher than them as a person? 

but sure there are problems. Maybe something more practical like some ideas to improve the issues that the military is having. They accept e-mails on their website too, you can promote their website to family members that are lazy and don't want to get up from their bed so they can donate, etc.

Yelling how bad the military is constantly, just moves the arrow to selfishness. Have you seen Putin's military? What about their conditions?

The military in my view should be a calling, like the priesthood. Once you are there, and you go out yelling and raging is hard for people to trust.

This applies in business too -> If someone leaves and does not talk bad about the employer, gets more respect and more trust. More opportunities too. 

There are official channels for problems and tragedies to be addressed as they should. Society should look over the well being of soldiers. 

First i would like to thank you for the lecture, on how someone should conduct themselves on a public forum, and that criticizing one's government is frowned about. And soldiers rarely complain about anything to anyone outside the military that one is a new one for me. You must have talked to a lot of soldiers, to form that fact or a hard opinion. And yet here you are on a forum that has plenty of ex or still serving military members. And not all of them have had the same experience or opinions about their time in the military, go figure...

I spent 34 years in the military, not all of it was bad, the military was in most cases good to me, but like you said my complaints are not directed at me, as you suggest, they are for the general population that have served in a combat environment, not necessarily in combat but in that environment, I know hard to wrap your mind around it, unless you have experienced it. You mention Croatia, where you of military age when you came to Canada, i ask as i did serve in that region, my wife served in Zagreb, while i served in Bosnia Herzegovina, on a multi tours... i thought maybe you could relate to what i am saying, but something tells me no. 

While serving i was on many investigative teams that researched the deaths of young soldiers, be it from training accidents, to suicides, to combat related, i have also penned many letters and memos to the chain of command on ways to improve basic vets benefits, or how we could improve the military's treatment of mental health topics. I have seen firsthand the effects of PTSD and how it destroys a person's entire life, I've seen members who received treatment and went on to live productive lives, and I've also seen the results of suicide.

And if telling the public what the conditions are in the military, and perhaps it may end up saving a life you'll have to excuse me for being so selfish.  But then again, the media has told Canadians over and over again the state and condition our military is in, Every Canadian knows all of that, that is not my objective here to educate you on anything, but to remind you that no one is doing anything to correct it. To remind you that for the Majority of Canadians that includes you, you don't really care, in fact your pissed off becasue someone is telling you the truth that you already know, and it is not what the government is telling you. 

And i don't care what state the Russian Amry is in, i spent most of my career training to destroy it. What i am passionate about is the Canadian army and what state it is in. Not becasue i am some loyal Canadian citizen, becasue i am not really that loyal, but you have not been in my boots have you, but you go ahead and pass judgement if you can. Our government has beaten that out of me, but i am loyal to those that have served and are still serving. Loyalty is something that is earned, tell me what Canadians have done to earn the loyalty of any of its service members... 

I'm not looking for your trust, your respect or any of that, you've already made up your mind, those that complain are weak in your eyes. and maybe so, but i did make some promises that i would at least continue to voice my opinion, you can do anything you want with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Zeitgeist, Army Guy, DoP, Westcan, Nefarious, Oftwrong & Goddess

we few, we happy few, we band of brothers & one sister

I suggest to you that Army Guy is not of your ik. He is observant, well thought out, respectful and can discuss without resorting to threats and insults..

The others are for sure in your club :)

Just now, ExFlyer said:

I suggest to you that Army Guy is not of your ik. He is observant, well thought out, respectful and can discuss without resorting to threats and insults..

The others are for sure in your club :)

if Army Guy doesn't want to be in the section, fair enough

but how it is that you presume to speak for him ?

11 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

a) Yes, my view from my experiences, what else do we have? 

b) I lived in Croatia, Austria, etc, etc. Not my home, and I don't want to talk about my home countries ? I don't have the military mind to take commands. If someone tells me to go right, my first question is why are we going there and I start analyzing? You can not have minds like me in military, we are useful in other things, such as the engineering umbrella of profession.

c) Maybe then, you can't tell me in 2022 there is no mental health support. Even in the military, after all, didn't we have liberal governments that invest heavily in such social programs? Although I consider myself a fiscal conservative, i gladly like my taxes towards these certain programs for veterans help. 

d) How do you know that I don't care? Because I am suspicious on forums? Have you heard the story of doubtful Thomas from your New Testament? So to cure my doubtful Thomas I like to go to official channels. 

e) Same as C) I think the value of a society is how they treat their most vulnerable members. Wounded soldiers or with mental health issues are part of that vulnerable sector of society but I refuse to believe that mental health support is N/A or that agents from the VA are telling veterans to get lost. Even now if you google it -> you can find numbers to call or people that are willing to help. In the first page alone there are multiple organisations. 

I do appreciate the reasonable message with your take. 

so because you said: " but i am loyal to those that have served and are still serving"  are you going to donate? If you are, check the new device which they have. Is amazing what some technology and engineering can do towards educating the young about the things in our military. 

1.2.  My point is you may have had a few even say hundreds of interactions with soldiers, and yet there is close to 80,000 including reserve forces and you seem to paint us all with the same brush. I have had conversations with I'd say thousands of Croatians and i do not hold the entire population responsible for the war crimes committed by some of their troops. 

3. The fact that there is very little mental health professionals in uniform, and what is available are civilian contractors such as the OSI clinic, who may employee a couple of mental health doctors, and maybe 20 clinicians, for a base that has over 8000 troops, all RCMP, CSIS, Coast Guard, border agency's employee in the area. the fact that if a person is diagnosed today, you might get an initial appointment in 2 to 6 months, after that like any triage, you might if you're lucky to get a regular treatment plan in say a year or 1/1/2 years. I was extremely lucky and got in 8 months later, after been diagnosed with severe PTSD. a lot can happen in someone's life in a year and a half, for too many it is too long, your entire life can go from normal to jail/ homeless in shorter time frame. There is a critical shortage of care and clinicians all across Canada.

What i'm trying to say is there is treatment available, but due to the lack of resources maybe only 50 % get it in a timely matter. 

4. Like you said anyone on a forum can say whatever it is you want to hear, what i do know for a fact is the majority of Canadians are unwilling to change how we deal with our military or it's vets or it would already done...It has not been an election point in at least 10 to 15 years not even on the radar.

I have gone through official channels and have not seen any progress on this matter my entire service period. 

5. I did not say Veterans affairs is telling anyone to get lost, they are doing the best they can, with the resources they have. Vets with any mental issue are and can be difficult to deal with, so Vets affairs does have a high turnover of staff. same goes for OSI clinicians. All that being said there are cases of mistreatment on both sides, recently a Vet affairs member talking to a soldier about maid, there are many examples on both sides of people just being dicks. 

Phone numbers, they are good if you're on a ledge and thinking about jumping, or just forget your coping skills, but just calling this number is not going to get you into treatment faster, the whole system is overwhelmed. Just to give you something to relate to, every soldier, sailor, airmen, that served in a war zone has come back changed physically and mentally,

Now add combat to the mix and those that should have treatment of some sort are about 80% of all that went...the first time those that seek help about 30 to 40 %, eventual over time all will either have sought treatment, learned to cope by themselves (rare), or taken their lives. Me for an example was out of the military for 5 years before my wife told me get help or get out...

I donate lots of times every year, i don't wear the poppy, nor do i go to NOV 11 parades they are too emotional for me, big tough Infanteers don't get emotional in public, we let the air force guys do that, they are in touch with their feelings, and feminine side. But i do donate, i remember my comrades in private, normally with a bunch of my army buddies, it involves beer and lots of rum, we sit down, tell lots of stories, we laugh, cry, and salute those no longer with us. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

if Army Guy doesn't want to be in the section, fair enough

but how it is that you presume to speak for him ?

Army guy is in everyone's section, i don't have to agree with everyone's politics or message, Every man or women must be able to stand accountable for their actions and words. But they have earned my respect just by donning the uniform. 

I will say Dougie is a Regimental brother, I have never meet him in person, all we have in common is we are brothers in arms by trade and by Regiment and that we know some of the same world class warriors which means a lot to me.

I also respect anyone that has put on the uniform day after day, regardless of trade or element, we all belong to a very inclusive club that at times have sacrificed everything, from lost time spent with loved ones, not being able to watch our children grow up, to watching a battle buddy bleed out on a foreign battlefield. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I read the whole thing, you have a good point here:

because you see when I design something, people on the outside can see a perfect piece.

They can see a perfect piece but me because I have gone through it and I know the system (the designed piece) I can spot flaws easily because I am in it. 

Same with you in the military. 

---> What would you do, if you had the power to improve services for veterans in Canada? What are some practical solutions that you would implement right away to improve the life of Canadian troops? 

That is a very good question, I by no means an expert on the matter, so these are just my opinions 

I would create a specialized Military medical branch to deal with all mental health specialties and issues. and place them on every base, station, and operational zone. Make seeing these specialists every year just like the medical side. or upon going on or coming back from operations.

Take those that do not meet basic mental health standards out of units, and into treatment, until they meet those basic standards, to many guys with PTSD are operating in war zones when they are not fit, due to shortages everywhere. 

More training to medical doctors to recognize mental health issues., along with everyone in supervisory roles, and spouses take the stigma out of having mental health issues, so more will ask for help.

Reduce the reliance of drugs to treat mental health patients, because they turn you into a zombie unable to function in the real world. 

Hire more Vet affairs workers, to reduce workload and quality of care. Pay raises to all becasue it takes a toll working in these fields. 

More training on what to expect in a war zone, training now is pretty realist, but it lacks the gore, the smells, the taste, the visuals, of war... some sort of training that will toughen up our mental health abilities. they say nothing will prepare you, there must be something. 

Increase benefits to available to each vet. increase the amount awarded as compensation for wounds, and or suffering. to lifetime benefits. Also includes getting paid the same wage for life.

Compensation awards should be universal, not based on rank ie Officers are awarded hirer awards based on rank.

Military vets should have access to long term home care in a military complex, avail for free. 

All of these should be available to anyone of the security departments, like RCMP, CSIS, Coast Guard, etc... or any employee that can be deployed. 

Investing in modern equipment, that saves lives and is not built by the cheapest bidder. Increase the size of our forces to be able to respond to local and domestic ops and overseas as needed. 

make budgets protected by law as the troop levels are or should be 

more funding for training, lots more training. 

more investment into logistics, creating a much more robust system, with deep pockets, the military is nothing if logistics fail. 

There are many more but like i said i'm not an expert, I'm sure there are guys here that could add to that.