Scientists mystified, wary, as Africa avoids COVID disaster

Infidel Dog

I forget where I got the map below so I can't swear by the data it purports but it's at least something to think about. It offers a possible answer to the APs questions as to why Africa or at least parts of Africa have been so lucky with Covid. That suggestion is well known. The AP's ignorance of it would have to be intentional. Possibly diversionary.

Ivermectin has been used for decades in parts of Africa against the parasite sourced disease River Blindness.

Ivermectin_Africa-690x384.png

Total covid deaths in Ivermectin ridden Niger is 250. To the immediate north in the Ivermectin drought land of Algeria the total covid deaths so far is 6,015. Niger has a little more than half the population of Algeria but still...pretty radical gap in numbers. There's a mystery for you to explain Aristides.

Edited by Infidel Dog

First they are young, which means they won't die of COVID except for a precondition, second they are mostly skinny which is the second most important variable in mortality for COVID as we all know overweight people die more easily of COVID but also many other things, and Africans are also unfortunately dying for other reasons than COVID, although progress is coming real fast in many countries while many others will remain Third World for another 50 years.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada

On 11/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, Shady said:

This is a very interesting story.  Hopefully they find the reasons as to why.  Big pharma is pissed, they lost out on hundreds of millions of doses of vaccines and pills to sell and distribute to that continent.

It is very straightforward actually. Africans are young and not obese.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Niger has the lowest median age in Africa, 15.4. Algeria median age is almost double at 28.4.

But it has to be Ivermectin, right?

That's a bivariate analysis of a multivariate problem, so of course this graph didn't control for factors such as weight and age, which could be a problem. It also didn't factor how statistics are done in each country. For that reason, I'm not convinced with this graph too.

4 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

First they are young, which means they won't die of COVID except for a precondition, second they are mostly skinny which is the second most important variable in mortality for COVID as we all know overweight people die more easily of COVID but also many other things, and Africans are also unfortunately dying for other reasons than COVID, although progress is coming real fast in many countries while many others will remain Third World for another 50 years.

What you're missing is the fact the covid mortality and morbidity rate is increasing in non-onchocerciasis (river-blindness parasite) endemic African countries and not the African countries where Ivermectin has been easily accessible for decades to combat river-blindness.

I didn't save it, but last night I was reading an article talking about how the ministry of Truth health in Algeria was warning it's citizens not to be taken in by the lack of covid problems in Niger, their neighbor to the south.

Ivermectin is poopy, poopy, bad, bad claimed the no-doubt Big-pharma greased Algerian department. 

Edited by Infidel Dog

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    phoenyx75

• paradox34 earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • User went up a rank
      Enthusiast
    • User went up a rank
      Contributor
    • User earned a badge