15$ a hour ontario minamum wage

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Actually, it's rural people who vote Republican. Religious people in particular, who are vulnerable to fearmongering and rabble rousing about gays, transgenders and abortion. And I wouldn't call Republicans conservatives or they'd have some interest in fiscal responsibility.

Although there's certainly something to be said about the effectiveness of the political indoctrination post-secondary students are subjected to and how that impacts their voting patterns. I wouldn't call people 'educated' though, just because they have a degree. I've met and dealt with too many blithering imbeciles with degrees. Most of our politicians have them, after all, including Trudeau.

Which is the political analysis here. 

You may actually get some votes in the Suburbs by raising the Minimum wage. Any Rural person who still thinks $12/hour is a living wage has no where to go on the Political spectrum. 

We do notice that Far North ridings tend to go NDP. I would suggest people need a lot of subsidization to live in Far North. Like the practice of forcing Air Canada to service Northern Airports at a loss. 

Edited by Boges

On 11/4/2021 at 9:50 AM, Boges said:

I'm ambivalent. Ultimately the market will decide. 

This is a naked vote grab for the Ontario PCs. 

But the fact that wages are criminal inadequate compared to the price of housing does need to be addressed. And increasing supply isn't the complete answer either, wages need to catch up. 

It'll be funny next year, when companies pass on Cost-of-Living raises. Will companies try and do the typical 2% when inflation this year has easily been 5-10% or more?

Isn't the government deciding?

10 hours ago, Boges said:

I think the minimum wage is effectively $15/hour already. 

The Big Box stores and fast-food places pay that. So why wouldn't anyone work for less? 

I'm not a small business owner but I'll wager the mom and pop businesses which don't have huge resources will have a difficult time paying employees these higher wages.

On 11/3/2021 at 10:09 AM, EastCanada90 said:

announced yesterday by ford.. whats everyones opinions?

Gas went up 40% since last year, food went up 20%, all else went up over 10%.

The $15 they will pay you now is likely closer to making $11.50 in 2019.

In other words, it is a wage decrease, camouflaged as an increase.

"Three dressed up as a nine; you're wasting my time"

On 11/4/2021 at 7:21 AM, Argus said:

Actually, it's rural people who vote Republican. Religious people in particular, who are vulnerable to fearmongering and rabble rousing about gays, transgenders and abortion. And I wouldn't call Republicans conservatives or they'd have some interest in fiscal responsibility.

Although there's certainly something to be said about the effectiveness of the political indoctrination post-secondary students are subjected to and how that impacts their voting patterns. I wouldn't call people 'educated' though, just because they have a degree. I've met and dealt with too many blithering imbeciles with degrees. Most of our politicians have them, after all, including Trudeau.

LOL.  And the left doesn't have its own extremists.  Yes, I don't want gays grooming my children for their bath houses.  I am all for live and let live but stay the hell away from me and my children.   There are women and men who have healthy sexual habits and then women and men with unhealthy ones.  It is a choice not an identity.