Will Trudeau Send Aid to the Taliban Before the Upcoming Election?

Will Trudeau Send the Taliban Gov't Aid Before the Election?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Savannahleaf said:

I'm not a judge or a scholar, but there is something called a ta'zir punishment which could possibly be applied - which can be, among others, imprisonment or flogging. Flogging is usually, if not always, public. It is supposed to be humiliating.

You did judge. You are judging that it could be applied. It means that any individual religious freak can decide to apply a punishment based on its own interpretation of the readings. Even if it is done by a religious authority, it still is a non legitimated person and totally against the rules of the society.

There is no way this could possibly be ok.

15 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

So what you're saying is that you support the policy of flogging and imprisoning women for taking off their hijab, but you can't directly say it? IE, you will quote it from a book, but you won't admit that you personally feel like it is the right thing to do. Am I correct? 

Are you afraid, ashamed or just not allowed to say what you really feel?

No. I'm saying it may be possible in sharia, but I'm not sure and I don't know about the details. If qualified scholars say it is permissable then I accept that. I haven't seen any specific mentions of it so far.

I didn't quote anything. I used my own words and was very clear.

It looks like it says: it is blasphemy at the end.

Yes, but I was referring to twelver shi'ism and the leader of Iran to be specific, for the purposes of not making a generalisation - and yet, here you are insisting I made one.

FYI the Old Testament that's used by the Jews and RCs is about 2,000 years older than the Quran, and that book is written by humans. Was that religion invented, or how would you describe it? 

With all your "knowledge" about Islam, surely you know we believe in the revelation sent to Moses and Jesus as well, peace be upon them.

So what you're saying is that the vast majority of Iranians allowed a leader to be selected

I said there are a lot of people with different religions. I didn't say the majority have a different religion.

"After the death of Khomeini in June 1989 the Assembly of Experts (a council of clerics) chose Ali Khamenei to be the new Supreme Leader, even though he had not achieved the required rank among Shia clerics that the constitution stipulated - marja-e taqlid (source of emulation) or grand ayatollah."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29115464

When he came to power, most Iranians were probably twelvers, however, they didn't choose him.

How did he rise to such a prominent position, and why does he still wield so much power, in a country that's so fanatical about religion, where he's considered to be a blasphemer? 

Again you're making it as if I'd said the majority consider him a blasphemer, while I didn't. I also don't think blasphemy is the only issue. It was only one of the many that came to my mind. How would Iranians get rid of him - even if they wanted to? Vote about it?

Edited by Savannahleaf

On 8/24/2021 at 9:06 PM, Benz said:

You did judge. You are judging that it could be applied. It means that any individual religious freak can decide to apply a punishment based on its own interpretation of the readings. Even if it is done by a religious authority, it still is a non legitimated person and totally against the rules of the society.

There is no way this could possibly be ok.

I didn't say I don't judge. Of course I do - everyone does. It's one of the consequences of having a mind. I said I am not a judge.

How did you derive that that's what it means, exactly?

Anyone can decide to do anything - is  that scary to you?

Only an Islamic judge can make such a judgment and a person making their own "interpretations" is not qualified to be a judge.

A person who is qualified to do something legally is a legitimate person do that. That's not a matter of opinion.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/legitimate

Against the rules of which society? Why should something follow the rules of the society? Is the society perfect?

5 hours ago, Savannahleaf said:

Only an Islamic judge can make such a judgment and a person making their own "interpretations" is not qualified to be a judge.

A person who is qualified to do something legally is a legitimate person do that. That's not a matter of opinion.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/legitimate

Against the rules of which society? Why should something follow the rules of the society? Is the society perfect?

This is exactly where you are wrong. Never a judge can appointed by any religion and follow the writings of a religion. Under no circumstances, this could be legitimated in any country.

On 8/25/2021 at 1:22 AM, Savannahleaf said:

No. I'm saying it may be possible in sharia, but I'm not sure and I don't know about the details. If qualified scholars say it -[flogging and imprisoning women just for taking off their hijabs]- is permissable then I accept that. I haven't seen any specific mentions of it so far.

You have been cowed.

Your humanity is non-existent - your head and heart are ruled by the religious rantings of men who marry young girls. 

Maybe one day there will be a microchip that can be put in a human's head to control their every action and emotion, forcing them to do unspeakable things, but until then, religion is doing just fine. 

Edited by WestCanMan

On 8/25/2021 at 2:22 AM, Savannahleaf said:

No. I'm saying it may be possible in sharia, but I'm not sure and I don't know about the details. If qualified scholars say it is permissable then I accept that.

Scary.

If a man whose authority you personally believe in tells you to beat or kill a woman for not wearing a hijab, you will do it.

**blink blink**

Got it.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

Lol - that's a likely YES!   But it's not really "aid."   It's called, "BRIBE."

Imagine how Trudeau would look good when he's managed to "convince" the Taliban to give safe passage to Canadian Afghans, and to Afghan allies or vulnerable  - most or all of them, women!

How much will they charge him per head, I wonder?

Edited by betsy

On 8/27/2021 at 7:07 PM, Goddess said:

Scary.

If a man whose authority you personally believe in tells you to beat or kill a woman for not wearing a hijab, you will do it.

**blink blink**

Got it.

It's not a man whose authority I believe in but a man whose authority has been verified officially. Nor was it about killing or beating a woman - it was about flogging and imprisonment. Nor would I be told to do so.

10 hours ago, Savannahleaf said:

It's not a man whose authority I believe in but a man whose authority has been verified officially.

How is this determined?

Nor was it about killing or beating a woman - it was about flogging and imprisonment.

Beating = Flogging  It's the same.

And many women are killed for not wearing hijab or for wearing it incorrectly.  Let's not pretend otherwise.

Nor would I be told to do so.

Whether you are told to do so or agree with the punishment and do nothing - same difference to me.  You are just as culpable.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/united-nations-afghanistan-humanitarian-catastrophe

Blinken said the U.S. was committed to providing humanitarian aid to the Afghan people. He added the Biden administration would take steps to ensure the aid would "not flow through the government" controlled by the Taliban, but rather through UN entities and non-government organizations.

The US is going to provide aid to the Taliban (Afghans). For sure Canada will.