Lytton on fire

Just now, QuebecOverCanada said:

First link: America 'may' have the worse drought this summer, an article predicting what could happen.

Second link: Worse fires are due to ecological policies of not pre burning forests. 

You know, people read, right?

First link also notes trends of drought in the past 20 years. Not just predicting. 

Second link: You can't prove causation for forest management is the issue. But you can correlate drier weather to more forest fires. 

2 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I stand by that fact. We had ice glaciers the height of skyscrapers on top of Canada all the way to Virginia. It melted without human industrialization.

Over thousands of years. 

Now we're seeing loss of glaciers in a matter of decades. 

Edited by Boges

Drastic climate changes occur, naturally.

Yes they do.  They are also caused by human industrialization.  Quicker and more dangerously.

1 minute ago, Boges said:

First link also notes trends of drought in the past 20 years. Not just predicting. 

Second link: You can't prove causation for forest management is the issue. But you can correlate drier weather to more forest fires. 

First link insists on this summer. 

Second link you can also make correlations between less pre burning management of forests and bigger fires just as well, but it is causation.

First link insists on this summer. 

It suggest this summer is part of a larger trend. How's this cite?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/drought-here-stay-western-u-s-how-will-states-adapt-n1270248

Second link you can also make correlations between less pre burning management of forests and bigger fires just as well, but it is causation.

You can't prove causation due to lack of forest management. That's just a theory to dismiss climate factors. 

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

Cite dramatic climate change over the course of decades and not millennia.

Cite me drastic climate change now please. 3 days of hot weather is not climate change. Just like a rough winter isn't a sign of a coming global cooling.

Cite me drastic climate change now please. 3 days of hot weather is not climate change. Just like a rough winter isn't a sign of a coming global cooling.

I never claimed that. Though 45 plus temperatures in BC is rather alarming, it would be an outlier if it wasn't part of a larger trend of drought. 

There are plenty of trends and not outliers that indicate a warming of the climate. https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/ten-signs-global-warming

Sheesh...settle down warmiacs.

"Climate Change" had nothing to do with the Lytton fire. They don't know what caused it but it appeared to have started in the town central.

The cause of the fire remains undetermined, but Hildebrandt said it may have been sparked by a train passing through Lytton.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7996127/lytton-wildfire-damage/

And anybody who doesn't know it gets hot - like real hot - when it gets generally hot in a BC summer has never driven through the Fraser Canyon in August.

Me and my buddies from the days before Al Gore started brain training NPCs to believe the world would end as a result of nice weather would laugh in your face if you told us Lytton doesn't get abnormally hot in summer. We wouldn't care what some selective bit of questionable data told you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Sheesh...settle down warmiacs.

"Climate Change" had nothing to do with the Lytton fire. They don't know what caused it but it appeared to have started in the town central.

And anybody who doesn't know it gets hot - like real hot - when it gets generally hot in a BC summer has never driven through the Fraser Canyon in August.

Me and my buddies from the days before Al Gore started brain training NPCs to believe the world would end as a result of nice weather would laugh in your face if you told us Lytton doesn't get abnormally hot in summer. We wouldn't care what some selective bit of questionable data told you.

Are you one who thinks the existence of matches proves AGW is fake?

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Are you one who thinks the existence of matches proves AGW is fake?

What on earth are you talking about?

Gaslighting me isn't going to make anybody more scared of your imagined Warmageddon. 

Getting desperate, are we? ;)

Edited by Infidel Dog

Just now, Infidel Dog said:

What on earth are you talking about?

Gaslighting me isn't going to make anybody more scared of your imagined Warmageddon. 

I've got better things to do than gaslight a climate change denier. It's not really necessary.

It was just my way of illustrating a dumb comment.

No, gaslighting and name-calling are just signs of desperation. Keep trying though. Desperation from those desperate to believe in climate end-times always makes me smile.

You need that right?  Anyone who disagrees with your views on climate change has to be someone who thinks we're just a week or two away from extinction.  Not for you the sanity of an actual climate change argument.

It's like when you paint those who oppose the Big Lie as extremist Antifa/BLM supporters.  If they were not, you'd actually have to have a sane argument.

Anyway, climate change provides the conditions for extreme weather events to be more extreme, but the Lytton fire was probably caused by a hillbilly on a quad staying in one spot too long.

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Not for you the sanity of an actual climate change argument.

Bring it on true believer. Any area of climate change you'd like to be embarrassed on. Wanna talk science?

Tell me how the science shows us a train spark starting a city fire in Lytton tells us we're doomed to an end of the world scenario.

Edited by Infidel Dog

Bring it on true believer. Any area of climate change you'd like to embarrassed on. Wanna talk science.

Tell me how the science shows us a train spark starting a city fire in Lytton tells us we're doomed to an end of the world scenario.

That's a good illustration of my point.  You win.  It doesn't.

Gee, really had my arse kicked there.

18 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

If you consider yourself educated on how silly it is trying to blame a city fire on "climate change," my job is done. But I'd settle for thank you.

Like I said, for any kind of credibility, you have to invent the other side of the argument.

You really should just argue with yourself.  I'm sure you'd win every now and then.

Again...what on earth are you talking about?

The topic is the Lytton fire.

As I understand it you believe this fire was caused by something you call "climate change" which as I understand it involves coming apocalyptic, climate catastrophes.

If any of that is not what you're suggesting just tell me. We'd have nothing to argue about.

3 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Again...what on earth are you talking about?

The topic is the Lytton fire.

As I understand it you believe this fire was caused by something you call "climate change" which as I understand it involves coming apocalyptic, climate catastrophes.

If any of that is not what you're suggesting just tell me. We'd have nothing to argue about.

45 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Anyway, climate change provides the conditions for extreme weather events to be more extreme, but the Lytton fire was probably caused by a hillbilly on a quad staying in one spot too long.

So it probably wasn't caused by your "climate change" except maybe it was. Is that what you're saying?

All I know is you sure get excited when I say:

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

I just thought of something...

Did they ever decide if it was Mrs. O'Leary's cow kicking over a lantern that caused the great Chicago fire of !871? Whatever. I'm pretty sure that one wasn't "Climate Change" searching the globe for a city to burn up either.

45 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

But yeah, if we agree it wasn't something called "climate change" that burned down Lytton yesterday what are we arguing about? Why are we even discussing this "climate change" thing?

Do we agree that climate change makes such events more likely, hillbillies and cows not withstanding?

Because I think that was what we were arguing about.  Since you got climate change and what caused the fire mixed up in a post.