Lytton on fire

14 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

You can't believe everything you hear.  There are even those who say climate change isn't a problem.

I can't get beyond the fact some people believe there aren't eras to climate. But hey, lack of education I guess. Did it take an industrial revolution to melt all the ice above our heads that was floating all above Canada?

kn41yOYVvT6b5NPkM1hr0Y5r8JuCNLMLoIy0PoRb

12 minutes ago, Boges said:

Hello Boges, I'm here to educate you on top of your Youtube diploma.

During summer heat waves, Lytton is often the hottest spot in Canada, despite being north of 50° in latitude. Due to the dry summer air and a relatively low elevation of 230 m (750 ft), summer afternoon shade temperatures frequently reach 35 °C (95 °F) and occasionally top 40 °C (104 °F). Lytton holds the record for the highest temperature ever recorded in Canada with a record high of 49.6 °C (121 °F) on June 29, 2021, which was set during the 2021 Western North America heat wave

Lytton, along with the nearby community of Lillooet, shared the second-highest temperature ever recorded in Canada.[12] On July 16 and 17, 1941, the temperature reached a then-record 44.4 °C (112 °F) on both days in both communities

3 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I can't get beyond the fact some people believe there aren't eras to climate. But hey, lack of education I guess. Did it take an industrial revolution to melt all the ice above our heads that was floating all above Canada?

kn41yOYVvT6b5NPkM1hr0Y5r8JuCNLMLoIy0PoRb

See!  Told you!

3 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Incredible how facts go above some heads. Did you learn about Ice Age in primary schools too, or did you skip that as well?

You really believe it all, don't you?

What about Trump?  Robbed?

11 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Hello Boges, I'm here to educate you on top of your Youtube diploma.

During summer heat waves, Lytton is often the hottest spot in Canada, despite being north of 50° in latitude. Due to the dry summer air and a relatively low elevation of 230 m (750 ft), summer afternoon shade temperatures frequently reach 35 °C (95 °F) and occasionally top 40 °C (104 °F). Lytton holds the record for the highest temperature ever recorded in Canada with a record high of 49.6 °C (121 °F) on June 29, 2021, which was set during the 2021 Western North America heat wave

Lytton, along with the nearby community of Lillooet, shared the second-highest temperature ever recorded in Canada.[12] On July 16 and 17, 1941, the temperature reached a then-record 44.4 °C (112 °F) on both days in both communities

So you're using THIS heatwave to justify your opinion? 

From your link. The average temperatures. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.38.07 PM.png

Edited by Boges

1 minute ago, Boges said:

It's actually an elevated community that receives a fair bit of rain, usually. 

I'm using facts, calm down with the meltdown. It has been known as one the hottest place in Canada for about 100 years.

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

From your link. The average temperatures. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.38.07 PM.png

What is an average, Boges? Does it exclude extremes?

Please ? make our day ?

From my link: During summer heat waves, Lytton is often the hottest spot in Canada

Edited by QuebecOverCanada

18 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

I do not believe an Ice Age did occur. I do not believe the ice melt on all of Canada.

It did happen. It's a fact.

Sure.  And England beat Germany on Tuesday.

Climate change is still real.

Edited by bcsapper

18 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Sure.  And England beat Germany on Tuesday.

Climate change is still real.

Nobody contests that. So, how come Canada has so many lakes, if not massive glaciers on top of Canada melting over thousands of years of naturally occuring climate change? Do you have another explanation?

19 minutes ago, Boges said:

Hottest place would indicate it regularly gets this hot. It doesn't! 

But it does get as hot as the hottest place in Canada, frequently. Do you know about standard deviation in statistics? An outlier is not a means, and outliers are not systematic -this is what an outlier is, Boges-, I have to remind you, since you took an average to say that no, it's not hot there.

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Nobody contests that. So, how come Canada has so many lakes, if not massive glaciers on top of Canada melting over thousands of years of naturally occuring climate change? Do you have another explanation?

No.  Nor do I care.  If nobody contests that climate change is real, why are we even arguing?

Just now, bcsapper said:

No.  Nor do I care.  If nobody contests that climate change is real, why are we even arguing?

You should care if you were of good faith. It would mean you would care about the cause of climate change. Which is not driven by human industrialization. Climate has never been stable. And having a hot week is not an indication of a change in climate, too. 

Just now, QuebecOverCanada said:

You should care if you were of good faith. It would mean you would care about the cause of climate change. Which is not driven by human industrialization. Climate has never been stable. And having a hot week is not an indication of a change in climate, too. 

Ah, my mistake.  You are a wingnut after all.

2 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

That's a very sound and scientific argument, just like saying an Ice Age never happened.

It's not an argument at all.  It's just a very well informed opinion.

Edited by bcsapper

6 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

So when do outliers become trends? 

Like western droughts or perpetual forest fire seasons? 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/drought-western-united-states-modern-history/

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/infographic-wildfires-and-climate-change

Edited by Boges

That's the difference between you and I. You speak in opinions and feels. It is your level of intellect. I speak in facts.

You just claimed human industrialization hasn't contributed to climate change. That's 100% an opinion not supported by fact. 

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

That's the difference between you and I. You speak in opinions and feels. It is your level of intellect. I speak in facts.

No, you don't.  You said climate change was not driven by human industrialization.  I don't think you are even aware of the defintion of the word "fact".

Edited by bcsapper

Just now, Boges said:

So when do outliers become trends? 

Like western droughts or perpetual forest fire seasons? 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/drought-western-united-states-modern-history/

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/infographic-wildfires-and-climate-change

First link: America 'may' have the worse drought this summer, an article predicting what could happen.

Second link: Worse fires are due to ecological policies of not pre burning forests. 

You know, people read, right?

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

No, you don't.  You said climate change was not driven by human industrialization.  I don't think you are even aware of the defintion of the word "fact".

I stand by that fact. We had ice glaciers the height of skyscrapers on top of Canada all the way to Virginia. It melted without human industrialization.

I stand by that fact. We had ice glaciers the height of skyscrapers on top of Canada all the way to Virginia. It melted without human industrialization.

So?