Watch Out For the Media - Scrutinize Them, And You'll See

Last week on CNN, they showed a clip of a video taken during the siege of the Capitol.  The anchor warned of scary  image of "a black guard being chased by the mob."  Of course, that got my attention.  I was thinking the worse.   So I watched the clip. 

What was shown was a lone black guard blocking the mob in the hallway.  The mob were shouting, wanting to proceed - the guard was holding out his hand, gesturing and talking to them.   He was inching and stepping back, and as he stepped back the mob also stepped forward.  He then stepped back up the steps of the stairs, the mob following him.  THERE WAS NO REAL CHASE!  It was a natural movement of a persistent mob (in a situation like this), wanting to go upstairs and proceed.  Finally, the guard just gave up, turned around and semi-walked/run upstairs - he wasn't really running!  The mob walked upstairs too. 

Most if not all of the time, there was only one guy from the mob who went close to the guard  (and he talked to the guard) - the others seem to be staying back!   The guard stopped to talk to them every now and then, considering he was just by himself .....therefore, I don't think he even felt threatened.

I can understand that in situations like this, it can get hairy since the situation is fluid - things can go sideways fast.  But that's part of a cop's everyday life when they answer to calls, or confront anyone!

Media makes it look like they were going to lynch this black guard!  That's what I get from this news reporting.

What's so outrageous was that the anchor still stuck to her narrative about that "SCARY" event for the black guard being "CHASED" by the mob!

She was lying blatantly to our face.  CNN is blatant now about giving disinformation!

This morning with Smerconish on CNN, the anchor was interviewing a former lawyer of Trump.  The anchor was accusing the lawyer of inciting the crowd.  He played a clip of what the lawyer was saying to a crowd an event (I don't know when or where it was taken).  The lawyer said (referring to Pence).....something like, anyone who doesn't stand up for it shouldn't be in office.  "SHOULDN'T BE IN OFFICE," was apparently the phrase that this moron anchor thinks incited the crowd.   He said, "look how the mob responded, listen to what they say..."   It was the clip that mob was chanting "hang Pence, hang Pence."   The lawyer accused Smerocnish guy of taking his words out of context - which is true!   Since when is saying someone "shouldn't be in office" be the equivalent of inciting? :lol:

You know what the anchor said?   And, this is what's scary - because this is the mentality that could spring up from this "new era:"  It may not be what you mean, but that's how it was taken."   How is that the lawyer's fault?

How many among us here had said Trudeau shouldn't be in office - and there was that army guy they caught trying to get to Trudeau's residence.   Could it be that he read our posts here and  he took our message to mean that he should pay a visit to Trudeau.  Are we guilty of incitement?

What about that comedienne who showed a decapitated Trump head on social media. No one from CNN found that to be an incitement of violence towards the President.  Heck, they made it even to be Trump's fault! :lol:

Look, moronic anchor, we have no control over what people think....or, how they want to interpret what is being said!  UNLESS of course, you want to take control of that too!

Like how I take the messaging by CNN about that video shown above!  I'm sure others would have a different take on it!  

Should I say that CNN anchor is inciting blacks (BLM) and Antifa to do a payback? 

Are you MEDIA inciting RACIAL WAR between colored and white people?

Can you see down the road with this kind of mentality?   YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SAY ANYTHING!

This is a new era. - at least they got that right!   

It is an era so close to how Communists deal with any dissenting voice.  You could find yourself facing unjustified charges, and be penalized for whatever it is "they" consider a "crime."   Trumped-up charges.....no pun intended.

And we thought what happened to Kavanaugh, and all people accused  of harassment that happened 10 or 20 years ago - reputations tarnished, or some even lost their jobs WITHOUT ANY TRIAL IN COURT,  was bad enough?   Obviously, we haven't seen nothing yet.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

Did you see the cop getting bludgeoned to death by your lovely mob? Maybe a sane person would consider your mob scary in a situation like that, what with the bludgeoning to death with the fire extinguisher and all.

But yes, the MEDIA is biased against bludgeoning people to death. 

As I said at the time, CNN did not cover themselves in glory on the day of the Capitol invasion.  I only had radio, so I couldn't see what was going on, but their bias, which I don't think anyone has ever claimed they do not have, was almost rabid on that day.  They were angered beyond belief at what was happening and any objectivity they might have had went right out the window. They wanted blood.  Blood which they had no desire whatsoever for during the riots in the summer. (So I am led to believe.  I only really started watching/listening to them as the US election neared)

That said, if I want to know whether or not something happened, when it happened, and (maybe) why it happened, I'm not going anywhere but MSM.  I'm not going to YouTube or Facebook or any other social media source.  If something looks iffy, I'll confirm it myself.  I usually start with the BBC so I'm usually okay.

Edited by bcsapper

All I'm saying......SCRUTINIZE WHAT IS BEING REPORTED!

Don't be too quick to take it as a fact.

I'd given those two samples above - they are caused for serious concern since media  (like how it is being used by Communist CHINA for PROPAGANDA), isn't far from that.   We see it now!

5 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Oh sorry. Your mob just accidentally bludgeoned a cop with a fire extinguisher. Did you decide that after you failed at blaming antifa for the riot? :lol:

Irrelevant.

Other acts of violence does not negate the fact that CNN isn't above reporting disinformation! In fact, CNN has been quite prolific in dishing ourt disinformation in support of a particular party.  

CNN is a good example of what a Communist propaganda media would be like!

Edited by betsy

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Oh sorry. Your mob just accidentally bludgeoned a cop with a fire extinguisher. Did you decide that after you failed at blaming antifa for the riot? :lol:

I thought it was a flagpole.  I saw video of some bearded idiot beating someone with a flagpole.  Same guy who went on national television a few minutes later and said death was the only remedy for those in the Capitol. 

Not the smartest rioter that day, I guess.

5 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Antifa was present in the Capitol.

As I thought...no link to the footage.

No bludgeoning involved. That makes you something...a word...four letters.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I thought it was a flagpole.  I saw video of some bearded idiot beating someone with a flagpole.  Same guy who went on national television a few minutes later and said death was the only remedy for those in the Capitol. 

Not the smartest rioter that day, I guess.

They should be charged and if found guilty sentenced. Law & Order...Jack McCoy...all that.

34 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Antifa was present in the Capitol.

As I thought...no link to the footage.

No bludgeoning involved. That makes you something...a word...four letters.

It makes you someone who defends a cop murder and tries to downplay it because your mob did it. Remember when you were so sure the QAnon shaman was antifa? That was hilarious. :lol:

Just now, BubberMiley said:

It makes you someone who defends a cop murder and tries to downplay it because your mob did it. Remember when you were so sure the QAnon shaman was antifa? That was hilarious. :lol:

35 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

They should be charged and if found guilty sentenced. Law & Order...Jack McCoy...all that.

4 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Did you see the cop getting bludgeoned to death by your lovely mob?

Nobody did. That never happened.

A member of security went home after tussling with police and had a stroke.

Whatever else you heard is a lie. Repeat it now after you know the truth and I'll call you a liar.

Go ahead, call me one, and I'll source my claims for you.

And not content with defending the Democratic leader the only living "authentic conservative," or so he tells us, wants to defend the left's mouthpiece media at CNN. 

Thanks for your input Argus.

As to the story in the link. The first time I saw that video I got the impression the Capitol Security guy was taunting the mob and hoping to lead them all somewhere. Notice he appears to be following a pre-planted camera operator up the stairs. Unfortunately he could only get the one guy to follow him so whatever he had planned at the end of his run we never got to see because it didn't happen.

We did see a woman pushed through a window into a kill zone in another incident at the Capitol Building though. They still haven't identified the agent who assassinated her yet. 

See how easy it is to make the facts fit the narrative. That's the same thing they do at the leftist Guardian and CNN.

34 minutes ago, betsy said:

.....says the guy who's displaying an amazing moment of PTTSD! 

You're the only one who's ranting and not making any sense, Argus.  :lol:

Betsy, you are asking fools and mockers to have discernment they simply do not have.  As this thread clearly illustrates, they are only capable of arguing and babbling nonsense.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

And not content with defending the Democratic leader the only living "authentic conservative," or so he tells us, wants to defend the left's mouthpiece media at CNN. 

Thanks for your input Argus.

As to the story in the link. The first time I saw that video I got the impression the Capitol Security guy was taunting the mob and hoping to lead them all somewhere. Notice he appears to be following a pre-planted camera operator up the stairs. Unfortunately he could only get the one guy to follow him so whatever he had planned at the end of his run we never got to see because it didn't happen.

We did see a woman pushed through a window into a kill zone in another incident at the Capitol Building though. They still haven't identified the agent who assassinated her yet. 

See how easy it is to make the facts fit the narrative. That's the same thing they do at the leftist Guardian and CNN.

Pushed or climbed?  

Pardon me it's not fair of me to not tell the totality of what's known about death of Brian Sicknick.

I was hoping to show how the media tells lies by telling us partial truths.

And I quote:

22 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Sicknick did die the following day of a stroke. However the totality of the facts as we know them at this point could be described better here:

Brian's brother Ken told ProPublica: "He texted me last night and said, ‘I got pepper-sprayed twice,’ and he was in good shape. Apparently he collapsed in the Capitol and they resuscitated him using CPR."

But the day following that text, the family received news from the hospital that Brian was suffering from a blood clot and he had a stroke. The only thing keeping him alive was a ventilator.

"We weren't expecting it," Ken said.

What's most frustrating for the family is the fact that they haven't received any further news regarding the circumstances surrounding Brian's death. In fact, they learned about the worsening of Brian's condition from a reporter's phone calls.

Ken, in continued correspondence with the media outlet, said, "We have not gotten any calls. We’re kind of overwhelmed right now. You guys are getting reports of his death before I even got anything."

Sicknick's biography was one of an American hero so it's probably not right to use partial facts to make a point with him about how the media lies.

Babbit however was no kind of hero, even if she was in the military at one time, so I'm perfectly comfortable using her.

Edited by Infidel Dog

24 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Betsy, you are asking fools and mockers to have discernment they simply do not have.  As this thread clearly illustrates, they are only capable of arguing and babbling nonsense.  

If  you think the original post for this topic was anything other than babbling nonsense you really have poor judgment!

But then, we know that already.

Edited by Argus

13 hours ago, Argus said:

If  you think the original post for this topic was anything other than babbling nonsense you really have poor judgment!

But then, we know that already.

:rolleyes:

HELLO?

We know that you don't read.   You revealed it yourself.

SO............... who's babbling nonsense? :lol:

My, you display your pathetic, twisted judgment for all to see. :)

You've gotta free yourself of all that hate, Argus.   You're in such a dark place. 

You've been angry and bitter for how many years now? 

Edited by betsy

Mainstream news media hold a tremendous power .............

.......................for the simple reason that the public has relied on them for OBJECTIVE, UNBIASED, ACCURATE news.......WITHOUT ANY INJECTED OPINION OF THE NETWORK,  or newscaster!

Society of Professional Journalists

Preamble

Members of the Society of Professional Journalists believe that public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. Ethical journalism strives to ensure the free exchange of information that is accurate, fair and thorough. An ethical journalist acts with integrity.

The Society declares these four principles as the foundation of ethical journalism and encourages their use in its practice by all people in all media.

Seek Truth and
Report It

Ethical journalism should be accurate and fair. Journalists should be honest and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting information.

Journalists should:

Take responsibility for the accuracy of their work. Verify information before releasing it. Use original sources whenever possible. annotate.png

Remember that neither speed nor format excuses inaccuracy. annotate.png

Provide context. Take special care not to misrepresent or oversimplify in promoting, previewing or summarizing a story. annotate.png

Gather, update and correct information throughout the life of a news story. annotate.png

Be cautious when making promises, but keep the promises they make. annotate.png

Identify sources clearly. The public is entitled to as much information as possible to judge the reliability and motivations of sources. annotate.png

Consider sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Reserve anonymity for sources who may face danger, retribution or other harm, and have information that cannot be obtained elsewhere. Explain why anonymity was granted. annotate.png

Diligently seek subjects of news coverage to allow them to respond to criticism or allegations of wrongdoing. annotate.png

Avoid undercover or other surreptitious methods of gathering information unless traditional, open methods will not yield information vital to the public. annotate.png

Be vigilant and courageous about holding those with power accountable. Give voice to the voiceless. annotate.png

Support the open and civil exchange of views, even views they find repugnant. annotate.png

Recognize a special obligation to serve as watchdogs over public affairs and government. Seek to ensure that the public’s business is conducted in the open, and that public records are open to all. annotate.png

Provide access to source material when it is relevant and appropriate. annotate.png

Boldly tell the story of the diversity and magnitude of the human experience. Seek sources whose voices we seldom hear. annotate.png

Avoid stereotyping. Journalists should examine the ways their values and experiences may shape their reporting. annotate.png

Label advocacy and commentary. annotate.png

Never deliberately distort facts or context, including visual information. Clearly label illustrations and re-enactments. annotate.png

Never plagiarize. Always attribute.

MORE>>>>>>>>>>
https://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1