Does B.C. 2020 look like Orwell's 1984?

10 hours ago, OftenWrong said:
5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I'm not going to dispute that, but you have drifted the topic.  That must mean we're done, which is good.  Let's just leave my questions there also.
2. So nice you had to say it twice. Ok...  Good chat.

Happy trails

28 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6736749/bc-social-distancing-fines-coronavirus/

They already enabled bylaw officers to fine anyone contravening BC "health orders". That way you people can give it a nice, wide definition for whatever suits you.

I mean, come on. It's for the good of all of us. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That article is from March.....

3 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

That article is from March.....

I know. That fine and maximum prison sentence is standard for certain provincial offenses, in particular where provincial safety regulations are broken. Are you saying because that  was March, they no longer apply now?

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I know. That fine and maximum prison sentence is standard for certain provincial offenses, in particular where provincial safety regulations are broken. Are you saying because that  was March, they no longer apply now?

They could in the case of severe violations but people have gotten the message.  (sort of)  

I can't understand why people feel they need to have huge parties in the middle of this pandemic.  If it was something at least understandable like a church sermon I could say yeah ok that's still wrong but not as bad, but parties are just gratuitous.  

11 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

They could in the case of severe violations but people have gotten the message.  (sort of)  

Right... just like they did in Orwellian society. Most people were totally cooperative once they got the message. In fact, good dutiful citizens enforced it themselves, if they saw someone commit an offense.

Many cities have a special ratfink hotline. If you see anyone committing a health offense, dial 311.

10 minutes ago, oops said:

Young people need to be with young people. This is the time where they will fall in love, and find the partner that they will share a life with, and raise a family together. Teenagers should have more self discipline. Yeah, good luck with that.

What, all of them?  In 2020?  The poor dears, having to go through life lonely due to a simple virus that would have gone away if they had only had more self-discipline.

Still, on the plus side, AGW will be sorted by the end of the century.

Just now, OftenWrong said:

Right... just like they did in Orwellian society. Most people were totally cooperative once they got the message. In fact, good dutiful citizens enforced it themselves, if they saw someone commit an offense.

Many cities have a special ratfink hotline. If you see anyone committing a health offense, dial 311.

Thats just baloney.  If they didn't take precautions and enforce rules things would be far worse than they are now.  People need to understand that we cannot keep everyone in the hospital infected.  Even if we had enough equipment and supplies the cost would be astronomical.  

On 8/23/2020 at 4:50 AM, Michael Hardner said:

I don't remember 1984 having the government prosecute people for germ-spreading raves.  This is called hyperbole, or exaggeration.   

Every government in the world is taking drastic steps to mitigate the risks and over 9,000 are dead in Canada.  

There can be no doubt about it that you come nowhere close to ever becoming  any kind of a leader but have certainly become just your average Joe and Mary six pack lemming follower. If the government told you that you can only have two pees a day and one poop a day because it will be good for the environment you would no doubt go along with such a silly azz stupid demand. I do not see any patriotism or fighting spirit in you at all. All I ever read from you is just that why don't we all just try to go along to get along. The government knows best.

It's no wonder I now despise this country these days with the so many Joe and Mary six pack face diaper wearing people who just want to go along to get along. Those people have truly become a bunch of wimps and cowards and afraid of what some other face diaper  moron might say to them for not wearing a face diaper. Canada has truly become a country full of me-me-me's and lemming followers. To question or challenge anything the government says or does appears to be beneath these lemming followers. Gutless wonders indeed. :P

On 8/22/2020 at 5:51 PM, oops said:

Population of B.C. 5,107,000 covid infections 125,000. 2.5%of population infected by covid 99.5% of population infected by government over reaction.

There are tens of thousands of people that end up with the seasonal flu virus every year, and there will be several hundreds that will die from some flu virus every year. The likely hood of someone dying from this hoax virus is probably so low it is not even worth talking about. It is said that 99.0% of the people who catch some flu virus will survive the virus, and that the deaths may be due to a low immunity response and level in their body's.  

This hoax of a virus has nothing really to do with a virus. This is an attack by a few dozen globalist elite family's that have now seized on an opportunity to see how far they can push their one world order agenda and get the sheeple to follow their every hoax demand. Event 201 was a practice run for the globalists to see how far they can push the fools out there to give themselves up to globalist slavery and loss of freedom which we have seen happen today. The globalists are winning 10 to 0. 

Indeed, 99.5% of the population has been infected by our overreacting comrade politicians, the lying media, and those so called health experts like Bonnie Henry and T. Tam who appear to be themselves on the globalist payroll. There is a war going on now and it will either be the globalists that will win the war or we the people will win the war. And the only way we the people can win this war and get our lost freedoms back and get back to the old normal is to go tell our dear comrade leaders to go take their hoax of a virus and shove it up you know where.

As long as we are willing to play this scamdemic hoax game we are going to lose even more of our freedoms come this fall. Covid 20 will be the new virus hoax. This is not a fun game that the globalists are playing. This game is real for them. They have now exposed themselves and their plans for us all to see. The question now is will the Joe and Mary six packs woke up before it is too late to turn around. only time will tell. :unsure:

On 8/23/2020 at 5:03 AM, Cannucklehead said:

B.C. upped the amount you can be fined for breaking rules to $2,000.  Not that big of a deal.  During the spanish flu outbreak people in the u.s. were shot by police for non compliance.  

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/1269659/coronavirus-outbreak-spanish-flu-latest-death-toll-uk-news-update-pandemic-spt/amp

"Not that big a deal". Did you pick the name Cannucklehead for a good reason? Just asking.

$2000 fines are a big deal. Leveling hefty fines of $2000 or even higher to anyone who breaks the new hoax virus rules is a bit too much. What a better way to try and force people to accept this hoax by trying to scare them half to death that if you do not obey and you do break our dear comrade politicians rules on this fake virus we are going to nail your ass with big hefty fines.

If one cannot see the communist tyranny in all of this then they must be one stunned ahole. If your aim is to see Canada become a communist country one day then just keep listening and obeying what your dear comrade leaders, and the lying media, and those so called health experts have to say. They are ready to lead you down the communist path. Your call, baby. ;)

On 8/23/2020 at 7:24 AM, OftenWrong said:

I just read it's $2500 and 6 months in jail. Maybe that's ok to big city liberals in their downtown condominium, who are shitting their pants for the virus.

Not me.

Are you starting to feel like you are now living in a communist like country yet? ;)

20 hours ago, bcsapper said:

What, all of them?  In 2020?  The poor dears, having to go through life lonely due to a simple virus that would have gone away if they had only had more self-discipline.

Maybe they are just waiting and wondering how many more months, or years, they have to wait until you approve.

23 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Cite?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/coronavirus/2020/6/19/1_4991365.html

The fact that Canada has only seen a fraction of the illnesses and deaths projected in early worst-case scenarios is testament to the success of preventative measures, says Zain Chagla, a physician at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Hamilton Health Sciences in Hamilton, Ont.

51 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/coronavirus/2020/6/19/1_4991365.html

The fact that Canada has only seen a fraction of the illnesses and deaths projected in early worst-case scenarios is testament to the success of preventative measures, says Zain Chagla, a physician at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Hamilton Health Sciences in Hamilton, Ont.

It's so strange to me that those who advocate doing nothing also decry the early predictions being wrong.... BECAUSE we acted to mitigate.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

It's so strange to me that those who advocate doing nothing also decry the early predictions being wrong.... BECAUSE we acted to mitigate.

Some still think its a hoax.  Apparently the governments of the entire world conspired to give us free money and force us to spend a couple bucks on face masks for some unknown reason.  

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Maybe they are just waiting and wondering how many more months, or years, they have to wait until you approve.

They would have to wait quite a while for my approval.  It isn't given lightly.

Still, they could just become a little less paranoid, and a lot less self absorbed, and they'd do just fine.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Didn't see who advocated for nothing. I do see people scrambling to move the goalposts after I already scored. See my link about the maximum fine and prison term sentancing, they have empowered themselves with. Staying on topic is nice.

10 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Still, they could just become a little less paranoid, and a lot less self absorbed, and they'd do just fine.

Seems to me the people who are the most afraid of the virus are precisely those which you describe. I'll pass along your concerns to the living..

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Seems to me the people who are the most afraid of the virus are precisely those which you describe. I'll pass along your concerns to the living..

I don't think those who worry about the virus are worried about BC turning into Oceania. 

If you pass my concerns along to the living, make sure they're not wingnuts.

1 hour ago, Cannucklehead said:

It's conjecture, not supported by real world evidence. You cannot prove by what didn't happen. I can show you what did happen.