Trumps Coronovirus Force ratings so high Trump to keep on to work on election.

4 minutes ago, Pacifica77 said:

I guess the difference is that  CDA   is interested in is  neighbor   and  how it is doing.   It's neighbor  however could care less about anyone but itself. America first.  Just a total difference in attitude.

Agreed...totally different, except that CDA watches the USA for lots of reasons, including economic self interest.   American media dominates Canada...long before Trump.

In fact   we are interested in other nations.   ..... . BBC is a  positive source of news  and info.   ..International.

U.S. media also provides international sources...especially for business.    BBC America is one of many outlets.

We  are not isolative.  The US under Trump has become more isolated. If this is what you want  ...... it is your choice.   But you  want  it both ways......   to isolate and to   meddle  where you don't belong.

Nonsensical in the context of a virus that came from China.    If that's what you want, go for it.

We are all living through something highly unusual. How we all handle it   is going to  go down in history....... to be learned from , examined,   and critiqued.

Sure...then we will do it again sometime.    Trump won't matter so much in the long term, no matter what Canada believes.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Pacifica77 said:

Well.....  he probably ly could have done better.....but he still  took it  seriously.  He had to deal with his wife getting it   too.    he important thing is that the numbers are going down....... and w e have to keep it  that way.   Meanwhile the numbers are going up considerably  in the US. (and is now in the whitehouse.)   No Trump  did not handle it well.... and has  changed  positions  more often than   a  person changes their underwear.    He refuses to set an example    .....so of cores  the population   is not going to take  the situation seriously  The lack of supplies  for the  front line workers .  He would pick fights with  various governors. Instead of working together   to deal with this . Overall , it has been very disorganized.   There is more cohesion  in how CDA  is handling it. We are not out of the woods yet.......but   getting a bit closer.

Lol. Pacifica: "Welll... Trudeau sucked but it's ok, let's go back t bashing Trump" lol. 

Trudeau did nothing but call people racists for being smarter than he is. Then he doubled down on his racist comment. Then he did a total 180 on the most fundamental principles of virus-fighting, travel bans and masks.

You still can't admit that the useless little piece of shit gave catastrophic advice that killed people, and now he's doubling down by giving the WHO money. 

We all know what your opinion is worth now Pacifica. Time for you to get a new login. 

but if one is " conservative.".....then nothing  Trudeau does is adequate;-)

The word that you're looking for is "honest". I'd say "intelligent" but you don't even need that much intelligence to get that one right. 

This thread is not a bout Trudeau.   Why can't yo handle  critique  of Trump??   and yet bash Trudeau ??   

Reality is that  all  the leaders  have  made mistakes ......... New and unknown virus.......that is killing  people........ has thrown  everyone for a loop. But not everyone called it   a dem hoax. and down played it.

Is any politician "honest"??    I just hope for responsible.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Pacifica77 said:

Reality is that  all  the leaders  have  made mistakes ......... New and unknown virus.......that is killing  people........ has thrown  everyone for a loop. But not everyone called it   a dem hoax. and down played it.

Trump did not call the virus a hoax...already debunked many times.

What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump did not call the virus a hoax...already debunked many times.

No he did not...He called it a dem created hoax.........Not a direct quote.

3 minutes ago, Pacifica77 said:

No he did not...He called it a dem created hoax.........Not a direct quote.

He did not...Trump said the Democrats' criticism of his admin was a hoax:

Trump did use the word “hoax” but his full comments, and subsequent explanation, make clear he was talking about Democratic attacks on his administration’s handling of the outbreak, not the virus itself.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/democratic-ad-twists-trumps-hoax-comment/

I wish we had the original  clip of him using the word hoax..........   but even if we di have it.... folks would interpret it  the way they  want to.;-)

Its that human factor ;-)

Just now, Pacifica77 said:

I wish we had the original  clip of him using the word hoax..........   but even if we di have it.... folks would interpret it  the way they  want to.;-)

Its that human factor ;-)

Sure...hating Trump is a full time job for some people.   He just triggers them at a visceral level.

Sure...hating Trump is a full time job for some people.   He just triggers them at a visceral level.

That is probably true  in some cases.    But if one is going to discuss him  ...... the opinions will vary.    "hate"  is a strong word...... and  not relevant.  Criticism  does not equate hate. by any stretch.    Noting is binary.......but it explains the degree of polarization  that exists.

1 minute ago, Pacifica77 said:

That is probably true  in some cases.    But if one is going to discuss him  ...... the opinions will vary.    "hate"  is a strong word...... and  not relevant.  Criticism  does not equate hate. by any stretch.    Noting is binary.......but it explains the degree of polarization  that exists.

Pick any word you want....but Trump still gets a very strong reaction.

U.S. governors are more directly responsible for their states' response, but the focus is on Trump.

Pick any word you want....but Trump still gets a very strong reaction.

U.S. governors are more directly responsible for their states' response, but the focus is on Trump.

OK........ that is what I thought.  How do you think the governors have been doing??  Is there a degree of cooperation between states  and the feds?? 

Just now, Pacifica77 said:

OK........ that is what I thought.  How do you think the governors have been doing??  Is there a degree of cooperation between states  and the feds?? 

It's been a mixed bag....NY governor Cuomo bungled things badly early on by fighting with the NYC mayor (De Blasio), then asking for federal aid to stop the resulting bleeding.   Others like California's moved early and were mostly effective.   Governors have gotten the support they needed from the feds after some misgivings and political wrangling.    Trump has provided hospital ships, field hospitals, ventilators, test kits, reagent, CDC guidance, FEMA trailers, etc.

The U.S. Constitution gives states lots of autonomy and power over their jurisdictions.   Trump can request but cannot demand compliance.

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's been a mixed bag....NY governor Cuomo bungled things badly early on by fighting with the NYC mayor (De Blasio), then asking for federal aid to stop the resulting bleeding.   Others like California's moved early and were mostly effective.   Governors have gotten the support they needed from the feds after some misgivings and political wrangling.    Trump has provided hospital ships, field hospitals, ventilators, test kits, reagent, CDC guidance, FEMA trailers, etc.

The U.S. Constitution gives states lots of autonomy and power over their jurisdictions.   Trump can request but cannot demand compliance.

Do  youthink  that the opening up of the country  is  too early   or about right??

1 minute ago, Pacifica77 said:

Do  youthink  that the opening up of the country  is  too early   or about right??

The time is right once protective measures for vulnerable populations and testing are in place, but that varies by state.   My state is opening up slowly, and that includes a large temporary morgue in case there are many more deaths from a spike.  

A large rebound in cases (and deaths) is expected in the fall.   Then tighter lockdowns will likely return.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

He did not...Trump said the Democrats' criticism of his admin was a hoax:

Yes, Trump said that the Democrats supported his admin - which is a completely consistent flip flop as far as his other flop flips go.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The time is right once protective measures for vulnerable populations and testing are in place, but that varies by state.   My state is opening up slowly, and that includes a large temporary morgue in case there are many more deaths from a spike.  

A large rebound in cases (and deaths) is expected in the fall.   Then tighter lockdowns will likely return.

That makes good sense.  My location is  going ab t it slowly  and in stages.  The numbers  are better now......but  still have to be  cautious. Physical distancing is in effect.........but   folks are getting  restless ;-)

When one stops t think about it... It is such a shock to  the world systems. 

Wonder how many of the current measures  will remain in place after  the virus era.

3 minutes ago, Pacifica77 said:

That makes good sense.  My location is  going ab t it slowly  and in stages.  The numbers  are better now......but  still have to be  cautious. Physical distancing is in effect.........but   folks are getting  restless ;-)

When one stops t think about it... It is such a shock to  the world systems. 

Wonder how many of the current measures  will remain in place after  the virus era.

Even with a vaccine, there will be permanent changes to consumer patterns.    Many businesses are going to fail.

Restless people are not great at compliance with public health measures.

15% of people still smoke cigarettes.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Even with a vaccine, there will be permanent changes to consumer patterns.    Many businesses are going to fail.

15% of people still smoke cigarettes.

True enough. 

Good nite. 

9 hours ago, Pacifica77 said:

Why  the hostility??  No need to make it personal. 

lol @ this nonsense. When you refused to apply it to, yourself, as you didn't even know me here yet earlier you came posting your hostility at me and making it personal ---when I had never posted a word to you and didn't know you exist on this website. 

Your hypocrisy is, horrid, so you clearly must be a Dem.

8 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I'd like to hope things like restlessness will give way to patience and people are more accepting as opposed to feeling like they're complying with force.  It's an emergency but its slow motion makes it different and surreal. Most emergencies I've been in were all of a sudden holy-shit sort of things like engine room fires where no one's taking time out to argue, cast blame or conform their actions so they fit with their worldview.

Another lock-down in the fall will be toughest on these people for sure.  It would sure be nice to have a calm reasonable voice reassuring them before having to button up again. It's more than just a health measure, its an emergency.  I've never seen anyone argue against putting on a life-jacket.  As for compliance and most vulnerable populations someone should definitely be putting measures in place that help protect anyone suffering abuse during lock-downs.  Victims need to be encouraged to do come out and they need to know they will be helped and protected.

Edited by eyeball

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'd like to hope things like restlessness will give way to patience and people are more accepting as opposed to feeling like they're complying with force.  It's an emergency but its slow motion makes it different and surreal. Most emergencies I've been in were all of a sudden holy-shit sort of things like engine room fires where no one's taking time out to argue, cast blame or conform their actions so they fit with their worldview.

Hope will not change human behaviours, and there will always be some people who resist control of any kind.  People are not all programmed the same way and the differences can be accentuated under extreme stress. Fire drills and damage control are routinely practiced on ships, not pandemic mitigation.

Another lock-down in the fall will be toughest on these people for sure.  It would sure be nice to have a calm reasonable voice reassuring them before having to button up again. It's more than just a health measure, its an emergency.  I've never seen anyone argue against putting on a life-jacket.  As for compliance and most vulnerable populations someone should definitely be putting measures in place that help protect anyone suffering abuse during lock-downs.  Victims need to be encouraged to do come out and they need to know they will be helped and protected.

I have seen plenty of people refuse to put on a life jacket...or evacuate their homes because of a hurricane or wild fire.   No amount of reassurance would persuade them because they were acting for other factors and fears that meant more to them.  

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Hope will not change human behaviours, and there will always be some people who resist control of any kind. 

Hope is a behaviour, its circumstances that change behaviour.  Its when circumstances are out of control that's at issue.

I have seen plenty of people refuse to put on a life jacket...or evacuate their homes because of a hurricane or wild fire.   No amount of reassurance would persuade them because they were acting for other factors and fears that meant more to them.

They can refuse a life-jacket all they like, I'm not letting them on the boat without one and I've never seen one refuse like that guy who flipped the bird at some store clerk for telling him a mask was mandatory. As for those in charge of their homes...it's like a boat I suppose. Each captain or king of their castle to their own.

The difference in the analogy between my boat, a public space, and someone's house, a private space, is that the boat and me are subject to rules and regulations intended to keep everyone safe.  Our society is more like a boat than a house where the captain is the government and the boat carries people with a mix of control and compliancy issues.

I've had more than a few deckhands elbow me in the ribs for jokingly mooing as our passengers make their way up the gangplank.  I gotta say being a dictator has it's moments.

Edited by eyeball

15 hours ago, Pacifica77 said:

...The US under Trump has become more isolated...

Hey pal if President Trump's great decision to refuse to buy into the Dem's Globalism frontier means the USA gets isolated, in your dreams, then oh well it is just meant to be ---altho I am sure most of the BRICs would love to have the USA join which of course then puts an end to all USA-China conflicts LOL oh it can happen, if NATO's G7 should dare turn their back on a nation that dared to reelect President Trump.

Edited by Tdot

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

The difference in the analogy between my boat, a public space, and someone's house, a private space, is that the boat and me are subject to rules and regulations intended to keep everyone safe.  Our society is more like a boat than a house where the captain is the government and the boat carries people with a mix of control and compliancy issues.

Not so different....many "public boats" are subject to water safety and flotation device laws that only require stowage and availability on board, or donning by children only.   Sometimes the biggest offenders are the "dictators" who think the rules don't apply to them.  

By definition, pandemics can include the breakdown of social order and compliance behaviours.   Believing that government can and will always protect you is also a false hope.