Democrats Are Disgusting

After several days of negotiations in regards to a corona virus/economic relief package, Democrats have held up the process for partisan political pet projects that have nothing to do with the issues at hand.  It’s really hard not to hate these people.

I think the Babylon Bee nailed it   (satire)

https://babylonbee.com/news/dems-worried-stimulus-package-would-stimulate-economy

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Amid political bickering over a potential economic relief package, Democrats warned Americans that the stimulus bill would stimulate the economy.

"This stimulus bill might stimulate the economy -- which would hurt our chances to stop the bad orange man," said Senator Chuck Schumer. "We can't overstate how much damage this would do to our 2020 campaign. The last thing we need is a strong economy going into November."

seems to be going both ways:

"Republicans included a provision for extending an abstinence education program that was set to expire in May as well as a provision that prevents nonprofits from receiving Small Business Administration funding" etc...

Coronavirus rescue package stalls after Democrats defeat key vote

how about a repeal of the $2.3T Trump tax cut too.... should pay for all of the necessary corporate bailouts.

At $2.3 trillion cost, Trump tax cuts leave big gap

1 minute ago, godzilla said:

seems to be going both ways:

"Republicans included a provision for extending an abstinence education program that was set to expire in May as well as a provision that prevents nonprofits from receiving Small Business Administration funding" etc...

Coronavirus rescue package stalls after Democrats defeat key vote

how about a repeal of the $2.3T Trump tax cut too.... should pay for all of the necessary corporate bailouts.

At $2.3 trillion cost, Trump tax cuts leave big gap

The 2 trillion dollar tax cut is over 10 years.  So it’s 200 billion per year.  But yeah, let’s raise taxes during a massive recession!  JFC are people ever stupid.

26 minutes ago, Shady said:

The 2 trillion dollar tax cut is over 10 years.  So it’s 200 billion per year.  But yeah, let’s raise taxes during a massive recession!  JFC are people ever stupid.

then it gets paid for over the next 10 years.

is it stupid to save for bad times? what if one can't afford abstinence education?

Edited by godzilla

43 minutes ago, godzilla said:

then it gets paid for over the next 10 years.

is it stupid to save for bad times? what if one can't afford abstinence education?

It’s good to save for bad times, but not during bad times.  Get rid of abstinence education, I couldn’t care less, but that doesn’t equal the litany of Democrats policy projects.

Ah HERE is the answer...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/opinion/coronavirus-bailout-mcconnell-congress.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&fbclid=IwAR2_nWduimRjuMJMbnf6XwgNMsGUtrbN-qcWQbWk5byKbKMf42_MSXYba24

Mr. McConnell emerged on Sunday evening with a bill that would provide a lot of help for corporate executives and shareholders, and not nearly enough for American workers. It would let the Treasury Department hand out hundreds of billions of dollars to corporations — potentially including businesses owned by President Trump — without requiring a binding commitment to preserve jobs and wages. And the bailouts could remain secret for six months.

The federal government is already lagging badly in its response to the coronavirus crisis. People are losing their jobs, and their businesses, with every passing day. It is time to act.

I'm not a fan of Trudeau but the government announcement led with help for working people, families and self-employed people followed by small business.  

Excellent piece by Paul Krugman on how the GOP is trying to manipulate this situation to screw the struggling people who need this money most. No shame at all, but we can tell that by how they still defend Trump after he downplayed the virus and likely causing thousands of infections, just because he's a terrible leader.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/opinion/republicans-coronavirus.html

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ah HERE is the answer...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/opinion/coronavirus-bailout-mcconnell-congress.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&fbclid=IwAR2_nWduimRjuMJMbnf6XwgNMsGUtrbN-qcWQbWk5byKbKMf42_MSXYba24

I'm not a fan of Trudeau but the government announcement led with help for working people, families and self-employed people followed by small business.  

That’s an opinion piece.  Try looking at actual facts.  Trudeau’s response is pittance to whats actually going to be required for real help to businesses and workers.

12 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Excellent piece by Paul Krugman on how the GOP is trying to manipulate this situation to screw the struggling people who need this money most. No shame at all, but we can tell that by how they still defend Trump after he downplayed the virus and likely causing thousands of infections, just because he's a terrible leader.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/opinion/republicans-coronavirus.html

LOL Paul Krugman? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And more New York Times opinions!  Try facts instead.  You can actually read the Democrats bill.  It’s released to the public.  You don’t need to take anyone’s opinion of what it’s about.

What’s using more minority owned banks have to do with passing a bill now guys?

4B63591F-200A-4C3C-8FF4-8D39CF703CAC.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Shady said:

@Michael Hardner

Read the actual bill, instead of finding ways to excuse it, or not believe it.  Otherwise that’s just being a partisan hack.

No time.  I will trust the NY Times and you will trust Fox... Whoever's public is still alive to vote in November will consolidate power and eliminate the opposition...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

No time.  I will trust the NY Times and you will trust Fox... Whoever's public is still alive to vote in November will consolidate power and eliminate the opposition...

Oh man you too? Get rid of those blooze dude. You are like the  Fred Macmurray from My Three Sons or Robert Young in Father Knows Best or Dr. Marcus Welby on this this forum man. Do not turn in to Dr. McCoy from Star Trek.

In my analogies by the way Shady is a song and dance man from the Lawrence Welk show. You can not get more republican then that.

Both of you need to remember the Outer Limits showc

where aliens by brought a face deformity virus to the planet. At the end of show the final uncontaminated person gave up her fear and hugged an alien.

Edited by Rue

Classic denier.  Refusing to read the actual bill, because it would interfere with your political prejudice and reality.  You really shouldn’t speak about anyone denying anything ever again.  You have no standing to do so.  Keep your head in the sand.

17 minutes ago, Rue said:

Oh man you too? Get rid of those blooze dude. You are like the  Fred Macmurray from My Three Sons or Robert Young in Father Knows Best or Dr. Marcus Welby on this this forum man. Do not turn in to Dr. McCoy from Star Trek.

In my analogies by the way Shady is a song and dance man from the Lawrence Welk show. You can not get more republican then that.

Both of you need to remember the Outer Limits showc

where aliens by brought a face deformity virus to the planet. At the end of show the final uncontaminated person gave up her fear and hugged an alien.

References received.

15 minutes ago, Shady said:

Classic denier.  Refusing to read the actual bill, because it would interfere with your political prejudice and reality.  You really shouldn’t speak about anyone denying anything ever again.  You have no standing to do so.  Keep your head in the sand.

I just don't have time.  I don't deny it and I have no doubt the NY Times version is also wrong.

I don't trust the N.Y. Times anymore, they sure manipulate the headlines and news.

Funny how right-wingers in Canada are concerned about giving too much power to Trudeau and the left in the US is afraid of giving too much power to Trump.

But what's really weird is that right-wingers in Canada are afraid Trump won't be given enough.

How North American is that?