The Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

Yes....Trump is targeting WHO now.  It would be part of his  isolationist agenda........and putting the money into something  that fits with  "America First" Yes.  the agency  could do with some  updating   but if ever   the world has to work together   on  a world wide  pobelm it isnwo. Trump is mercuial  so  who  know what his next  mood will be.

Or it could be a passing whim.   A rep from WHO  was asked about this  on BBC........... and  was very  "diplomatic"  in her reply. The inference being  the unpredictable nature of  the Donald.

The point is  The Donald's  timing.......... makes him  the loose cannon in the world situation.  Playing the blame game during  a  crisis  is very poor form..... There will be plenty of time for  Crisis  Post mortum once this crisis subsides.  Trump is a master of "distraction".  Let's not forget that. He is also a very angry  person who takes sadistic pleasure in  shaming others,  as well as threatening others. 

Just now, Boges said:

Well even Republican led States haven't gone to "Goode Ole Days" 

And there are more democratic states that have not yet gone to the good old days at all yet, lefty. But states like Georgia and Texas have almost once again gone back to normal. And there has been no spike in the corona virus statistics as of yet in those two states. But you will never hear about that because you spend all of your time listening to CNN, MSNBC, and Pravda CBC. Try listening to FOX news for a change and get the other side of the story for a change, lefty. Only in the leftist liberal democratic states  where the governors of those states love the power that they have gained because of this phony corona virus plandemic, and are very reluctant to want to give up those powers. FYI.  ;)

1 hour ago, Boges said:

How do you "pay attention" to elderly and vulnerable groups? Lock them in their homes? What of people who live with the elderly? What of people over 65 that still work? 

Glad you asked. I get to play 'just imagine.' This is just me and the sort of thing I'd do though, but hopefully the guys in the know could do it better.

But first off consider all the money that wouldn't be spent or lost. Would we have that now to deal with the most vulnerable? Because if we do we could turn long term care facilities into freaking hospital fortresses. No virus should get in or out and if one miracuously does there are facilities on site to deal and if it gets worse there can be special hospital wings to deal without inconveniencing other hospital patients.

Drop-in visits for elderly outside of long term care. High quality masks, gloves, safe transportation and advice. People over 65 who still work? Hmmm... Not sure. There'd still be lots of money left maybe they could get some to take time off work or they could get some job protection to go back after the pandemic.  There'd still be some working, I guess. Hopefully the Karens could socially shame them into self-isolation. Not sure about that little group. Not sure it matters.

Edited by Infidel Dog

35 minutes ago, taxme said:

And there are more democratic states that have not yet gone to the good old days at all yet, lefty. But states like Georgia and Texas have almost once again gone back to normal. And there has been no spike in the corona virus statistics as of yet in those two states. But you will never hear about that because you spend all of your time listening to CNN, MSNBC, and Pravda CBC. Try listening to FOX news for a change and get the other side of the story for a change, lefty. Only in the leftist liberal democratic states  where the governors of those states love the power that they have gained because of this phony corona virus plandemic, and are very reluctant to want to give up those powers. FYI.  ;)

Couple of things  :

Fox news is an extension of  the Trump world.   So  they have that bias. 

Personally I prefer BBC ;-)

Now about your view  re: the current pandemic being  "phony ".......Why do you say that?? And HOW is it "phony"??

For something "phony ",it is doing a lot of damage and literally  changing  the world.. I am sure there are plenty of conspiracy theories  about it ,  .....but this is where SCIENCE & FACTUAL DATA   is paramount.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Boges said:

You don't need to because you can't. The fact that wildlife is flourishing is just an unintended consequence, just like great traffic. 

Wake up. I know being pro-Dem requires you to have comprehension challenges, but...

Just go try to realize that the story revealed truths which had nothing, whatsoever, to do with those 2 foxes you alluded to ... the article's facts verify that many people are unhappy about opening the economy back up. 

Edited by Tdot

41 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

Blame it on the American education system :D

No, blame it on your hurt feelings.

You and him both get pummeled with anti-Dem facts, so you focus on typos and phantom grammar issues. lol. I love it.  Because it highlights your perplexity and your aimlessness.

41 minutes ago, taxme said:

Georgia, Texas and Florida still have Social Distancing. 

All US States and Canadian Provinces have started re-opening policies. 

13 minutes ago, Tdot said:

Wake up. I know being pro-Dem requires you to have comprehension challenges, but...

Just go try to realize that the story revealed truths which had nothing, whatsoever, to do with those 2 foxes you alluded to ... the article's facts verify that many people are unhappy about opening the economy back up. 

Why not quote where that's said since you say I can't read. 

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

False....the USA is not #1 for deaths per million population....or highest death rate in long term care facilities (like Canada).

And that is true.

In fact if one checks out the stats at the link below one sees that the only stats America are # 1 in can be explained by the fact they have the highest population. (With the possible exclusion of China of course, but China lies so their stats don't matter.) India's is pretty far south. They'd still be in spring, I think. Russia's so spread out they'll take a while.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/

Although, there may be another exception. Even if you consider population now America may have done the most tests. Notice I said "now." Nobody needs to find me a per capita stat from April.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

False....the USA is not #1 for deaths per million population....or highest death rate in long term care facilities (like Canada).

Reposts. Not used to the software, yet. How to you delete the stupid quotes, anyway?

Edited by Infidel Dog

24 minutes ago, Boges said:

Why not quote where that's said since you say I can't read. 

I said the facts verify, so there's nothing nor any human to quote using the word "unhappy" to reopen the economy. The words  in the story still give hints and clues into the fact that many people are not interested in reopening ---although you yourself gave a blanket, generalized statement with no quotes and no proofs, when you impressed that the entire Canada frontier is reopening. If you want, I can definitely post facts from the article which give clue that you are disingenuous in what you said earlier.

Edited by Tdot

29 minutes ago, Boges said:

Georgia, Texas and Florida still have Social Distancing. 

All US States and Canadian Provinces have started re-opening policies. 

Again, a very disingenuous statement --especially in light of liberal loons like governors of MI WA CA etc

Edited by Tdot

3 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Daniel Horowitz has one where he lists 6 facts he claims change everything we know about SARS-CoV-2.

1. About a quarter of the American coronavirus deaths weren't actually caused by corona.

In fact, most doctors agree that the number of deaths has been greatly UNDER-reported.

2. States with longer lockdowns had worse results.

LOL. How about we instead say the states with a worse outbreak have longer lockdowns?

3. Outside nursing homes, the fatality rate never warranted such action, even if it would work.

This we can't say for certain about. But you'll have to forgive me for not taking the numbers Horowitz accepts from 'gummi bear' as entirely reliable.

4. Outside New York, this is barely worse than bad flu seasons

Michigan, New Jersey and Louisiana would like a word with you.

5. Excess deaths are from the lockdowns, not the virus.

There's simply no evidence of this.

6. Social distancing was invented by a high-school kid and politicians, not scientists.

Staying back from people who could be breathing germs at you isn't an invention but common sense. And it's supported by all scientists and doctors.

3 hours ago, Boges said:

SNC and Blackfacegate were huge news in Canada. 

Andrew Scheer was just a very weak candidate and refused to give up on Social Conservatism.

Other than not having a single social conservative policy, not discussing social conservatism in the whole campaign, and literally running away from anyone who asked him about social conservative views, you mean?

3 hours ago, Tdot said:

No, blame it on your hurt feelings.

You and him both get pummeled with anti-Dem facts, so you focus on typos and phantom grammar issues. lol. I love it.  Because it highlights your perplexity and your aimlessness.

I don't have feelings. I I identify as a calculator and go by the pronoun 'IT'.

7 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

Like some version  of Dr. Spock  :D You are probably  totally immune to any  virus  that might come your way too ;-)

26 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

Is that why you are a-okay with Parliament and Trudeau obeying Globalism's Leaders regarding the current lockdown?

Edited by Tdot