Should the United States Bomb Iran?

Guest ProudConservative

Should the US go to war with Iran  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of military action would you support in Iran?

• We should bomb them back to the stone age, but not invade.
    • We should destroy their air defence and cripple their military, but not invade.
    • We should do surgical strikes, followed by a full-scale invasion.
    • We should mind our business and put America first.
    • We should follow a policy of mutual-assured-respect. Lift the sanctions, and let them sell their oil.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/27/2020 at 02:00 AM

This is kind of misleading  question and twisted title or question designed by someone sympathetic to mullahs and nonintervention. The practical option of politically and economically isolating the regime completely until they fall is NOT even among the options!!!!! Instead some dreadful choices like military actions or doing nothing and watching the murderous regime to continue killings and bad behavior are the only available options.

First off who is we? Canada or US? Second why the world wishes Iran regime to change or at least change its behavior (which again means change of regime because the islamic republic can only stay in power by massive intimidation, killings, lying and deceits. Once they stop this then millions will be out on streets assured that they won't be shot or jailed and tortured and the regime ends the next day).

I answer this question myself and the answer is because this regime is a big threat to the whole world not only Iran and its defenseless nation who they are killing every day and not only to Israel. US and Arabia but the whole world as they are building mass killing technologies and they follow an ideology based on capturing the whole world by any means and forcing the world to accept their 6th century ideology as they do it right now with Iran nation. Accept it or die is their ideology. So this regime must change by any possible means.

Should that include a military action? The answer is no. Small scale military action only will strengthen the regime by abusing that as excuse to crack down even more oppressive on increasing opposition inside Iran. They feed on war and hate and they benefit from military actions. And full scale invasion though may change the regime but it will cause heavy casualties on a nation already suffering under this fascist regime and on its infrastructure and may risk disintegration of this 25 century civilization. Beside this nation is where it is now because of foreign intervention like the 1953 coup by CIA and the 1979 mullahs' coup which is now documented to have been orchestrated by Carter administration.

The best option (NOT EVEN A CHOICE HERE BY OP) is to politically and economically isolate this dreadful regime. close down its diplomatic missions, break off relationships (hail to Canada and US and shame on Europe), stop appeasing this unreformable fascist regime, stop trying to sign a pack with the devil, tighten sanctions and stop trade with this regime, Stop the regime from selling its oil to zero and stop them from exporting any goods by putting sanctions on those countries who trade with Iran regime, The oil money is only going to pay off regime thugs who will kill their own mother for a few dollars. Support the right opposition groups especially the popular crown prince (not the traitor MEK), provide support for Iranian people, arm the opposition groups who are ready to fight against atrocities being committed by this regime, Put the regime leaders on trial for human rights violations and mass killings, ban them from travelling (or arrest them if they are outside regime protection).

If the west wishes to negotiate with the devil then changing its behavior especially ceasing violations of human rights must be on the top of agenda not just a nuclear deal. Equality for women, stop the killings and murders, stop intimidation and mass arrests of oppositions and that once put in action will mean an almost immediate change of regime BUT by Iranian people for Iran  to bring it out of occupation by this murderous occupying evil islamic republic not any military action. Any violation of human rights even one arrest must mean an automatic re-imposition of full sanctions by the whole world. The mullahs have no choice but to negotiate then make sure Iran nation is not forgotten in any future negotiation. President Trump please do not support them now and back stab them later for political reasons.

The optins (missing) are 

1 - Politically and economically isolate the regime completely until they fall by Iranian people

2 - If the west has to negotiate (Trump's re-election) make sure respecting human rights is on the top of agenda (force the devil to change its behaviour in order to survive a bit longer).

I REFUSE TO VOTE ON THIS BIASEDLY DESIGNED THREAD.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Sanctions have been applied and are not working. Past history shows sanctions end up hurting the people in the streets, ordinary citizens, but not those in power. Sanctions did not deter North Korea from achieving nuclear capability, while their own people starved.

It made the people hate us even more, so that nearly every single one of them is trained to be a soldier in the military. Trained to hate the United States. It is an example of the failure of this approach, and there is no reason to believe it would somehow be better and work for Iran. Crippling sanctions for years... it only radicalizes the whole country against us. But  good surgical strike to take out key elements of the radicals could work. Strong, swift strikes, one after another. Again again and again.

Just now, OftenWrong said:

Crippling sanctions for years... it only radicalizes the whole country against us. But  good surgical strike to take out key elements of the radicals could work. Strong, swift strikes, one after another. Again again and again.

It can never be accurate enough. First off many innocent people will die (like it happened in Iraq and Afghanistan) and second it may strengthen the regime as the Iraq invasion did. It will not cause a regime change.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Guest ProudConservative
2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is kind of misleading  question and twisted title or question designed by someone sympathetic to mullahs and nonintervention. The practical option of politically and economically isolating the regime completely until they fall is NOT even among the options!!!!! Instead some dreadful choices like military actions or doing nothing and watching the murderous regime to continue killings and bad behavior are the only available options.

First off who is we? Canada or US? Second why the world wishes Iran regime to change or at least change its behavior (which again means change of regime because the islamic republic can only stay in power by massive intimidation, killings, lying and deceits. Once they stop this then millions will be out on streets assured that they won't be shot or jailed and tortured and the regime ends the next day).

I answer this question myself and the answer is because this regime is a big threat to the whole world not only Iran and its defenseless nation who they are killing every day and not only to Israel. US and Arabia but the whole world as they are building mass killing technologies and they follow an ideology based on capturing the whole world by any means and forcing the world to accept their 6th century ideology as they do it right now with Iran nation. Accept it or die is their ideology. So this regime must change by any possible means.

Should that include a military action? The answer is no. Small scale military action only will strengthen the regime by abusing that as excuse to crack down even more oppressive on increasing opposition inside Iran. They feed on war and hate and they benefit from military actions. And full scale invasion though may change the regime but it will cause heavy casualties on a nation already suffering under this fascist regime and on its infrastructure and may risk disintegration of this 25 century civilization. Beside this nation is where it is now because of foreign intervention like the 1953 coup by CIA and the 1979 mullahs' coup which is now documented to have been orchestrated by Carter administration.

The best option (NOT EVEN A CHOICE HERE BY OP) is to politically and economically isolate this dreadful regime. close down its diplomatic missions, break off relationships (hail to Canada and US and shame on Europe), stop appeasing this unreformable fascist regime, stop trying to sign a pack with the devil, tighten sanctions and stop trade with this regime, Stop the regime from selling its oil to zero and stop them from exporting any goods by putting sanctions on those countries who trade with Iran regime, The oil money is only going to pay off regime thugs who will kill their own mother for a few dollars. Support the right opposition groups especially the popular crown prince (not the traitor MEK), provide support for Iranian people, arm the opposition groups who are ready to fight against atrocities being committed by this regime, Put the regime leaders on trial for human rights violations and mass killings, ban them from travelling (or arrest them if they are outside regime protection).

If the west wishes to negotiate with the devil then changing its behavior especially ceasing violations of human rights must be on the top of agenda not just a nuclear deal. Equality for women, stop the killings and murders, stop intimidation and mass arrests of oppositions and that once put in action will mean an almost immediate change of regime BUT by Iranian people for Iran  to bring it out of occupation by this murderous occupying evil islamic republic not any military action. Any violation of human rights even one arrest must mean an automatic re-imposition of full sanctions by the whole world. The mullahs have no choice but to negotiate then make sure Iran nation is not forgotten in any future negotiation. President Trump please do not support them now and back stab them later for political reasons.

The optins (missing) are 

1 - Politically and economically isolate the regime completely until they fall by Iranian people

2 - If the west has to negotiate (Trump's re-election) make sure respecting human rights is on the top of agenda (force the devil to change its behaviour in order to survive a bit longer).

I REFUSE TO VOTE ON THIS BIASEDLY DESIGNED THREAD.

Look... I hate Islam, but love the Persian culture.

I can't stand the Quran, but I rather see a country run by dictators than terrorists. Iran could be like Dubai, if we stopped trying to make profit out of war.... And none of us here are freaking out about the UAE being a dictatorship.

Why can't walk in the Iranian shoes? I can understand why the hate America, because all they do trash talk them, while giving Saudi Arabia a free pass to do whatever kind of human rights abuses they desire

If I was president... I would invite ANY leader from Iran to the Whitehouse... and let them go on prime time television, and talk about their archeology and why it's important to the world. I would petition the entire world to build a manned research base on Mars... and Invite Israel and Iran... to cooperate scientifically, and help us build a pemenant settlement of at least 100 people on Mars.

I would cut US defense spending by 40%, and say we're putting more money into an international space program to inspire world peace.

Edited by ProudConservative

Guest ProudConservative
1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Sanctions have been applied and are not working. Past history shows sanctions end up hurting the people in the streets, ordinary citizens, but not those in power. Sanctions did not deter North Korea from achieving nuclear capability, while their own people starved.

It made the people hate us even more, so that nearly every single one of them is trained to be a soldier in the military. Trained to hate the United States. It is an example of the failure of this approach, and there is no reason to believe it would somehow be better and work for Iran. Crippling sanctions for years... it only radicalizes the whole country against us. But  good surgical strike to take out key elements of the radicals could work. Strong, swift strikes, one after another. Again again and again.

Why isn't you username "Rarely Wrong"? You seem to get it. I think the sanctions are intentinelly done to piss off the citizens to the maxium extent. The military industrial complex needs hate, so they can lable hatred as a threat. See some of them are shouting death to America... So we need to expand our bases in Iraq, and be ready to take action upon request.

Stability is never good for the war machine. The war machine hangs out in their mansions surrounding Washington DC, while they intentionally put soldiers at risk to sell more equipment. The more IED's, the more humvee's you can sell.

Don't get me wrong... I'm still an anti Mullim Islamophobe, and I still wanna puke when I see a girl in a Burka. What do I hate more than the Jihadi wannabe's? The people who use ISIS to sell weapons.

Just now, ProudConservative said:

If I was president... I would invite ANY leader from Iran to the Whitehouse... and let them go on prime time television, and talk about their archeology and why it's important to the world. I would petition the entire world to build a manned research base on Mars... and Invite Israel and Iran... to cooperate scientifically, and help us build a pemenant settlement of at least 100 people on Mars.

Your problem is that you know nothing but you keep on making all the wrong comments. First off Iran so called leaders are not leaders but bunch of unelected terrorists. Second what the f they know about archaeology or Persian culture they represent Arab culture and anti-Persian and know nothing about archaeology or why Iran is important to the world. They don't believe in Iran but the invading 6th century culture. They feed on hate for Israel so if they stop hating then they will be destroyed so they will never stop hating Israel or US because their survival depends on it. We have enough problems here on earth like hunger, disease and poverty and you think about a Mars colony. It shows hw childish you are and how primitive and disconnect your thoughts are. You think like a child living in a fictitious world and all of your comments are foolish and shows deep lack of knowledge and understanding including Iran related comments and living on Mars!!!!!!

Guest ProudConservative
34 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Your problem is that you know nothing but you keep on making all the wrong comments. First off Iran so called leaders are not leaders but bunch of unelected terrorists. Second what the f they know about archaeology or Persian culture they represent Arab culture and anti-Persian and know nothing about archaeology or why Iran is important to the world. They don't believe in Iran but the invading 6th century culture. They feed on hate for Israel so if they stop hating then they will be destroyed so they will never stop hating Israel or US because their survival depends on it. We have enough problems here on earth like hunger, disease and poverty and you think about a Mars colony. It shows hw childish you are and how primitive and disconnect your thoughts are. You think like a child living in a fictitious world and all of your comments are foolish and shows deep lack of knowledge and understanding including Iran related comments and living on Mars!!!!!!

I'm no Child... I think spending another Trillion on war is Childish, when for a fraction of that price... We could build a base on mars....

Actually building rockets for Mars would keep Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and lockheed martin happy, so they wouldn't be so obsessed with Iran. When you cut back on the space program, and what's the alternative for these companies? The war machine.

If you asked the Americans to vote between another Trillion wasted in the middle east, or sending a man to Mars. Where do you think the majority of American's would vote.

If I were president... I could force a peace deal between Isreal, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.... Then I would beg them to join us in an international federation to set up a perminant base on mars. I would do it in the spirit of mutually-assured-respect and cooperation.

Many people feel sentimental about the moon landing, and are sad to see end of the space shuttle program.

Going to space might be waste of money, but want to know what's even more of a waste of money? Going to war.

Ron Paul has the right idea.

I'm no Child... 

If I were president... I could force a peace deal between Isreal, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.

I didn't say you are I said you speak like one. On second thought you live in a fictitious world (forcing Iran regime to be friends with Israel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Guest ProudConservative
6 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I didn't say you are I said you speak like one. On second thought you live in a fictitious world (forcing Iran regime to be friends with Israel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Negotiations are gives and take... and I would make it very difficult for Israel not to reach out to Iran. My official policy towards Israel is, were no longer going to coddle you, but will reward you.... when you conduct yourself in good faith.

By the way... Iran did reach out in Good Faith, but the leadership in Isreal has never tried to show class.

Negotiations are gives and take... and I would make it very difficult for Israel not to reach out to Iran. My official policy towards Israel is, were no longer going to coddle you, but will reward you.... when you conduct yourself in good faith.

By the way... Iran did reach out in Good Faith, but the leadership in Isreal has never tried to show class.

Good,  so force Israel to negotiate with the devil while Iran regime leaders are daily threatening to level Israel to the ground and call for its total destruction yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And negotiate for what. They compromise on nothing less than total destruction of Israel. They are Arab sympathizers after all that is why they hate Persian culture so much. So force Israel to agree to its destruction too.

Do you know who AhmadiNejad is? He is the one who denied Holocaust. He is the one who rigged elections and when people protested many were shot to death, And you distorting facts. The Video you attached does not show Iran reaching out to Israel but rather a rigged elected imposed president reaching out to American rabbis who as the video shows to condemn Zionism. I do not agree with the state of Israel or Zionism however, do not distort facts,

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It can never be accurate enough. First off many innocent people will die (like it happened in Iraq and Afghanistan) and second it may strengthen the regime as the Iraq invasion did. It will not cause a regime change.

I agree in general with your views on Iran, and what happened to Iran is a great tragedy. I only wish the people could be rescued somehow, preferably with as little violence as possible. But unfortunately it probably needs at least some violence. What with superpowers surrounding her and using her, Iran is under attack from both without and within.

I agree in general with your views on Iran, and what happened to Iran is a great tragedy. I only wish the people could be rescued somehow, preferably with as little violence as possible. But unfortunately it probably needs at least some violence. What with superpowers surrounding her and using her, Iran is under attack from both without and within.

It is the tragedy of the century under the watch of a peanut brain president Carter. The whole world changed for worse but especially Iran and Iran nation paid a heavy price,

The revolutionary thugs are well identified now by a big majority of Iranians as the protectors of the murderous regime who stand short of nothing to preserve this murderous regime including mass killing of its own citizens as they have proven again and again. However, an American attack when civilians will be killed would backfire as this deceiving regime would portrait the thugs as defenders of the nation when they fire back at Americans. This would be a horrible scenario and a big tragedy, That is how they benefited from all the wars and hate they have created themselves (the regime) in the past. The regime must fall by Iranians themselves with full political support from the US and the West.

It is the islamic regime not Iran which is under attack from within (by its own people) and out (by US) and hopefully soon as political and economic pressures continue and increase then it will pay off BIG time and rescue this defenseless nation from the murderous mullahs,

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

23 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is the islamic regime not Iran which is under attack from within (by its own people) and out (by US) and hopefully soon as political and economic pressures continue and increase then it will pay off BIG time and rescue this defenseless nation from the murderous mullahs,

I cannot see that happening by political and economic pressure alone. The mullahs also have a military under their command. Any unrest by the people in the streets is answered with machine guns. The Islamic spring was a western myth, answered by scenes of gunfire and dead bodies.

The problem is that they insist on obtaining nuclear weapons. If they wouldn't do that, this confrontation would not need to escalate. Proliferation of nuclear weapons is a much bigger threat and takes things to a very different level than dealing with some tin-pan dictators and mullahs who complain about their oil sales.

I cannot see that happening by political and economic pressure alone. The mullahs also have a military under their command. Any unrest by the people in the streets is answered with machine guns. The Islamic spring was a western myth, answered by scenes of gunfire and dead bodies.

I can see your point. The question is for how long and how many the security forces are ready to kill their own brothers and sisters in order t save a corrupt increasing unpopular regime especially when the regime becomes so bankrupt under sanctions that they may not be able to pay off their thugs.

I think the best answer is contained within this thread...with a bit of interpretation.  Yeah, the Mars thing.

First of all, there is no way anyone could build something on Mars for a measely trillion bux.  BUT: the Mullah's don't know that.  All we need to do is round up ALL of those in Iran who would support such a ridiculous regime, bring them together to inspect a demonstration of a new, privately funded ICMB that they can pay for in oil outside of sanctions, load them onto some Space-X capsules, (Promise them 72 virgins and they should file in like Noah's Ark.) point them at Mars and launch.   Problem solved.

Guest ProudConservative
15 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I wouldn't even consider attacking them on their soil unless they were aggressively building nuke with no other way to stop them.

Actually I think having a few Nukes is a good thing. It would make them less paranoid about being invaded. Anyways, If America has the right to 5000 warheads, why doens't Iran have the right to 10 of them?

If America doesn't want Iran to have nukes, why can't they can lead by example?

Why would Iran wanna nuke Tel-Aviv? The Arab countries would get the fallout.

image.thumb.png.0871d9f53ff3b0bbfaa551175223ac47.png