Time to take on far-right terrorists

14 hours ago, Argus said:

I have very little understanding of the kind of violent, vicious religious prejudice which thrives in all Muslim countries, that's true. You're welcome to go live there if that's your thing.

And anyone who attempts to deny that violent, vicious religious prejudice thrives at all levels of society and government in every Muslim country is a liar or an idiot. There is not one of t he 50+ Muslim countries which is free and democratic. There is not one where women and men are treated equally under the law or where Muslims and non Muslims are treated equally or which does not have severe punishments, up to and including death, for crimes of morality. To pretend this is coincidental to the religion they all worship is moronic.

Unfortunately, you're not as informed as you'd like to think you are about Muslim countries and how people live there. There are so many differences between these countries. Not only that, but corruption, abuse of power and violence are not limited to Muslim countries. Have a look at South America, where there are no Muslim countries. Take a look at Africa, where there is a diversity of religions. Look at Russia and their freedom and equality meter. 

I once again recommend that you educate yourself before making shallow comments. Perhaps start with the history of Islam and find out about the diversity of this religion, much like you'd find in Christianity.

If interested in learning, here is a non-Muslim / non-Arab, who knows a lot more than Bill Maher about Islam:

55 minutes ago, marcus said:

Unfortunately, you're not as informed as you'd like to think you are about Muslim countries and how people live there. There are so many differences between these countries. Not only that, but corruption, abuse of power and violence are not limited to Muslim countries. Have a look at South America, where there are no Muslim countries. Take a look at Africa, where there is a diversity of religions. Look at Russia and their freedom and equality meter. 

I once again recommend that you educate yourself before making shallow comments. Perhaps start with the history of Islam and find out about the diversity of this religion, much like you'd find in Christianity.

If interested in learning, here is a non-Muslim / non-Arab, who knows a lot more than Bill Maher about Islam:

Islam is the West's 1400+ year old enemy that stupid people unilaterally decided was no longer at war with Islam's very reason for existing.

Edited by DogOnPorch

6 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is the West's 1400+ year old enemy that stupid people unilaterally decided was no longer at war with Islam's very reason for existing.

Only stupid people will bring up a point that is not valid, for what we call 'The West' has not existed for 1400 years. More like 500, if that.

47 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Only stupid people will bring up a point that is not valid, for what we call 'The West' has not existed for 1400 years. More like 500, if that.

The West includes Ancient Greece and Rome. You might have heard of Plato and Socrates...Livy and Suetonius. But I kind of doubt it seeing your lack of schooling.

Edited by DogOnPorch

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The West includes Ancient Greece and Rome. You might have heard of Plato and Socrates...Livy and Suetonius. But I kind of doubt it seeing your lack of schooling.

While that might be true,  ask anyone around you and get them to define 'The West' for you.

So what do we do about extremist right wingers and radical Islam?   Right.. nothing aside from posting on the Internet.

3 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

While that might be true,  ask anyone around you and get them to define 'The West' for you.

So what do we do about extremist right wingers and radical Islam?   Right.. nothing aside from posting on the Internet.

You can have your own private definition all you like. 

I'll go with the definition shared by the rest of the planet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_culture

A cornerstone of Western thought, beginning in ancient Greece and continuing through the Middle Ages and Renaissance, is the idea of rationalism in various spheres of life, especially religion, developed by Hellenistic philosophy, scholasticism and humanism. The Catholic Church was for centuries at the center of the development of the values, ideas, science, laws and institutions which constitute Western civilization. Empiricism later gave rise to the scientific method during the scientific revolution and the Enlightenment.

Edited by DogOnPorch

On 3/21/2019 at 1:19 PM, egghead said:

---SNIP--- by moderator

When your children come home and tell you that your teacher said it's ok for you to believe you're a girl trapped in a boy's body, this goes well beyond the standard norm of education. It's a complete psychological warfare on innocent children.

Edited by Charles Anthony
---SNIP--- by moderator; excessive quoting
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Saudi Monitor said:

When your children come home and tell you that your teacher said it's ok for you to believe you're a girl trapped in a boy's body, this goes well beyond the norm education. It's a complete psychological warfare on innocent children.

Everybody BUT the Left Wing Progressives are against sexualizing children.

The Left has more in common with the Soviet Union than Western culture.

15 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Surveillance, and deal with heavy hand anyone who spreads hates, or intend to harm anyone!

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

To be honest, you're part of the cycle of inciting & promoting hatred by saying that the attack in Christchurch was the result of "islamophobia", because that would only make sense if there had never actually been any muslim terrorist attacks against churches or Christmas markets. We all know there have been several in recent years.

Are you saying that the 'Christian' terrorist was justified in killing Muslims in a mosque in New Zealand because Islamic terrorists somewhere in the world have killed Christians in a church? 

:o

9 hours ago, marcus said:

You missed the context and decided to reply to something that isn't there.

I recommend understanding what you're replying to before you decide to reply. 

I have never once justified or have said anything nice about the Ayatollah, Erdogan, Assad or MBS. My comment was to Argus where he has once again decided to paint all people from Muslim countries as people who "behave horribly" in order to justify his racist and bigoted stance on shutting the door on immigrants from Muslim countries. 

Are you in favour of shutting the door on people from Muslim countries? More specifically, the women who are trying to stand up to the dictators in Iran? Because Argus is. He believes they all 'behave horribly' and does not want them in Canada. 

There's a balance somewhere between Trudeau's stance of "the door is open, please check your terrorist affiliations at the door but if you don't want to that's ok" and zero immigration. 

I literally hate immigration, Trudeau-style. He's more interested in grandstanding than looking for the best possible solution for everyone involved.  

Also, if Canadians felt like there was at least some chance of deportation for terrorists and their supporters that would one thing, but our current government will let people stay even after they're involved in extreme terrorist activity. It's ridiculous and it actually legitimizes terrorism to a great extent, just like repatriating islamic state terrorists does. Our government views fighting for islamic state the same way as they view fighting for a legitimate country like Spain, Jordan or Peru. It's unfathomable. They're literally as evil as the Nazis who worked in the concentration camps. 

I feel horrible for honest people who just want to live their own family life in their own peaceful way and contribute to the society they live in, who are cast in the same light as terrorists, but I see more muslims speaking out against the failures of western society and things that offend them than I see speaking out against muslim terrorism and anti-Semitism.  

That needs some work.

43 minutes ago, jacee said:

Are you saying that the 'Christian' terrorist was justified in killing Muslims in a mosque in New Zealand because Islamic terrorists somewhere in the world have killed Christians in a church? 

:o

Read it again. I didn't say that all.

I'm saying that mentioning "where blame lies" is deadly serious. Just say "evil people did something evil and there's a ridiculous cycle of evil that needs to stop". Saying islamophobia is to blame gives the appearance that this is the first ever attack of that nature, which lends justification to revenge/retaliation. No retaliation by either side is warranted. 

It seems like semantics, but it's an important distinction.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, marcus said:

I have never once justified or have said anything nice about the Ayatollah, Erdogan, Assad or MBS. My comment was to Argus where he has once again decided to paint all people from Muslim countries as people who "behave horribly" in order to justify his racist and bigoted stance on shutting the door on immigrants from Muslim countries.

I think your confusion as to my motivations arise from your being baffled at my holding everyone up to the same judgement. To you, as sturdy social justice warrior of the far left, anyone who isn't wearing pure white skin is not really a human being, and so it must be cruel and evil of me to try to hold them up to the same standards I have for whites. You, being a tolerant, paternalistic, bigoted lefty, see your role as being the noble white protector of those poor, beknighted sub-humans who couldn't possibly look out for themselves without your help.

Your excuse-making and insult hurling is nothing more than a reflexive discomfort as you realize just how racist you yourself are, and are unable to face that reality.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, marcus said:

Unfortunately, you're not as informed as you'd like to think you are about Muslim countries and how people live there. There are so many differences between these countries.

Yes, well, there would have to be differences between a place in the pacific like Malaysia, a place in Africa like Egypt, and somewhere like Pakistan.

But there are an awful lot of similarities, too, very odd similarities. Like, whatever the Koran says, that's the culture in all of them, all 50+ Muslim countries. Isn't that odd? Not one treats women the same as men under the law. Not one tolerates Jews. Not one tolerates gays, or blaspheme, or has freedom of speech at all, or allows people to leave Islam. Not one accepts that non-Muslims have the same rights as Muslims.

So many differences. They eat different foods, for example. But so many similarities.

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

If you include Rome and Greece as 'the west' then it's existed a lot longer than that. And why is the point invalid? The only reason the Muslim world stopped attacking the Christian world is it lost the ability to do so successfully. If anyone thinks that we wouldn't all be Muslims now if the Islamic world had the power the West does and the West had the power of the Islamic world they really don't understand either history or reality.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There's a balance somewhere between Trudeau's stance of "the door is open, please check your terrorist affiliations at the door but if you don't want to that's ok" and zero immigration. 

An airhead Trudeau neglected to say "we welcome you" to apply .

So conservatives continue to pretend that Immigration Canada is letting people in without any processing. That's nonsense of course, but political propaganda that serves a purpose by misinforming voters. 

20 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Also, if Canadians felt like there was at least some chance of deportation for terrorists and their supporters that would one thing, but our current government will let people stay even after they're involved in extreme terrorist activity. It's ridiculous and it actually legitimizes terrorism to a great extent, just like repatriating islamic state terrorists does. Our government views fighting for islamic state the same way as they view fighting for a legitimate country like Spain, Jordan or Peru. It's unfathomable. 

The punishment for significant crimes is incarceration. Deportation does apply for convicted criminals/terrorists who are not Canadian citizens, though perhaps after they've served their time here. 

One would think that you are either uninformed about Canada's Immigration laws and processes, and criminal laws and processes, or pretending such ignorance for political propaganda purposes. 

43 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I feel horrible for honest people who just want to live their own family life in their own peaceful way and contribute to the society they live in, who are cast in the same light as terrorists, but I see more muslims speaking out against the failures of western society and things that offend them than I see speaking out against muslim terrorism and anti-Semitism.  

That needs some work.

Unsubstantiated generalized smear. You have lots of practice at bigoted propaganda. You'll find friends here. Lol 

27 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm saying that mentioning "where blame lies" is deadly serious. Just say "evil people did something evil and there's a ridiculous cycle of evil that needs to stop". Saying islamophobia is to blame gives the appearance that this is the first ever attack of that nature, which lends justification to revenge/retaliation. No retaliation by either side is warranted. 

We differ in our perspective.

You think the 'sides' are Muslims vs Christians/western society?

No. The 'sides' are

decent people of all races/religions/etc

vs

extremists/terrorists of all types.

Your fundamental assumptions are faulty, from my perspective.

ISIS or other 'Islamic' terrorists are not the 'army' of all Muslims, any more than 'Christian' terrorists are the 'army' of western society. 

45 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't believe I used the word "Islamophobia", so you may be replying to someone other than me?  

Inciting and promoting and normalizing hatred against all Muslims is clearly implicated.

25 minutes ago, jacee said:

An airhead Trudeau neglected to say "we welcome you" to apply .

So conservatives continue to pretend that Immigration Canada is letting people in without any processing. That's nonsense of course, but political propaganda that serves a purpose by misinforming voters. 

The punishment for significant crimes is incarceration. Deportation does apply for convicted criminals/terrorists who are not Canadian citizens, though perhaps after they've served their time here. 

One would think that you are either uninformed about Canada's Immigration laws and processes, and criminal laws and processes, or pretending such ignorance for political propaganda purposes. 

Unsubstantiated generalized smear. You have lots of practice at bigoted propaganda. You'll find friends here. Lol 

Stopped playing the role of SJW princess and get real.

Anyone who immigrates here does so on the basis of pretending to want to fit in. Regardless of how far along their claim has gotten, if they commit a terrorist attack, they obviosly lied to get in. Status revoked, I don't care if you end up stranded in the Pacific, just get out of Canada.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jacee said:

We differ in our perspective.

You think the 'sides' are Muslims vs Christians/western society?

No. The 'sides' are

decent people of all races/religions/etc

vs

extremists/terrorists of all types.

Your fundamental assumptions are faulty, from my perspective.

ISIS or other 'Islamic' terrorists are not the 'army' of all Muslims, any more than 'Christian' terrorists are the 'army' of western society. 

I appreciate the difference but muslims here aren't attacking other muslims. I agree that all terrorists are our enemy tho.