Canada Plans Regime Change for Venezuela

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

We'll see if Venezuela gets to that stage.

Seems to be coming undone fast. What's up with the blockaded highways from Colombia? Most odd.....

It's not actually a problem, the oil price is low not high, if the Venezuelan supply gets cut off, America and Canada make out like bandits.

9 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm referring to the physical barriers Colombia erected on the highways coming out of Venezuela...like they're keeping something out or from getting in.

I'm referring to the barriers to Venezuela coming fully online for maximum output again.

Here's a big myth; Trans-Mountain shareholders dumped the pipeline on Trudeau because of regulations and the indians.

Not the case, Western Canadian Select is simply not profitable at less an $100 a barrel, so Alberta is a dog with flees and everybody is dumping it in favour of West Texas Intermediate.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:04 PM, Dougie93 said:

The French invented Communism.

What they really did is cock up the opportunity to better establish why paying attention to the the divide between the powerful and the powerless was far far more important.

Why the right wing chose to be such obsequious sycophants to the powerful is obvious enough - its how conservatives roll.  

Just now, eyeball said:

What they really did is cock up the opportunity to better establish why paying attention to the the divide between the powerful and the powerless was far far more important.

Why the right wing chose to be such obsequious sycophants to the powerful is obvious enough - its how conservatives roll.  

The powerless are empowered by the Declaration of Independence, conservatives of course view the French Revolution as abominable Communism, but in the end, so did the French Left, because even for them it became the Terror.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

The powerless are empowered by the Declaration of Independence, conservatives of course view the French Revolution as abominable Communism, but in the end, so did the French Left, because even for them it became the Terror.

Probably because of the way the commies exercised their power, which of course was very conservatively.  You see the same thing in ISIS.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Not at all, ISIS is actually adaptive and dispersed without a central chain of command, the exact opposite of communist doctrine.

What I meant is that powerful people in ISIS use their power very conservatively - with the same sense of tradition conservatives usually have.

I suspect there's an unhealthy overabundance of that olde fashioned natural law hooey running thru all conservatives heads everywhere.

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What I meant is that powerful people in ISIS use their power very conservatively - with the same sense of tradition conservatives usually have.

I suspect there's an unhealthy overabundance of that olde fashioned natural law hooey running thru all conservatives heads everywhere.

I suspect we are diametrically opposed political enemies who could only settle our differences fully by force of arms

Edited by Dougie93

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I suspect we are diametrically opposed political enemies who could only settle our differences fully by force of arms

Well its pretty clear you can't settle them using principles...you pick fights over there because you're afraid to fight them here.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well its pretty clear you can't settle them using principles...you pick fights over there because you're afraid to fight them here.

My principle is to close with and destroy the enemy, however I am precluded from using force against you outside the bounds of the law, by the British Crown.

11 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

You derailed the thread with your self righteous purity spiraling specious condemnation of Canadian soldiers for crimes they did not commit in Afghanistan.

Actually it was a condemnation of the crimes our alliance committed. You derailed things trying to deny it. You're in very good company around here.  

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Actually it was a condemnation of the crimes our alliance committed. You derailed things trying to deny it. You're in very good company around here.  

I only responded to your post regarding the soldiers themselves and your assertion that they had a duty to apply military force to Afghan civilians engaged in Bacha Baz.

21 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I only responded to your post regarding the soldiers themselves and your assertion that they had a duty to apply military force to Afghan civilians engaged in Bacha Baz.

You got your threads crossed but that's okay - this forum is just one big tapestry.

Edited by eyeball