NHL General Thread

QuebecOverCanada

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

And the tactic is to get the fans to turn on the team to apply pressure, wherein fans should do the exact opposite, there's no reason to be loyal to a guy who is a free agent.

There is no reason to be disloyal because they use standard negotiation tactics either, save your ire for things that actually matter, instead of getting mad at guy for doing what any smart player would do in his position.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Says who?

Says me.

Especially when the end result is great for the team as well, while he still gets paid. Everybody wins, just because the Leafs didn't win by a unreasonable margin and Marner didn't take a huge hit for the team doesn't make him an asshole.

What's the point of hating every player who plays for your team unless he pulls a Kevin Lebanc? There is none.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Says me.

Well whoop dee doo, I'll just be me and you can be you.

I still didn't fall for anything.   I actively disavowed the Marner camp with full knowledge that they would likely sign in the end.

I even predicted that it would 5 x 10.8 for 54, so I was only off by one year of UFA sold.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Well whoop dee doo, I'll just be me and you can be you.

I still didn't fall for anything.   I actively disavowed the Marner camp with full knowledge that they would likely sign in the end.

I even predicted that it would 5 x 10.8 for 54, so I was only off by one year of UFA sold.

Right so Marner even gave you a better deal than you were expecting, and you're still mad, for no f*cking reason. Don't blame anyone else for not taking a bigger pay cut, blame only Marner, clown show.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Right so Marner even gave you a better deal than you were expecting, and you're still mad, for no f*cking reason.

There's always a reason to be mad.  Fanatic means what it says.

Homo Sapiens Sapiens Apex Predator Male Hyper Tribal & Territorial.

Paul Marner want's to take call from Two Phones and threaten to go play in Switzerland, he's gonna hear about it from the fanbase, just like every other fanbase in the NHL. /shrugs

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

There's always a reason to be mad.  Fanatic means what it says.

Homo Sapiens Sapiens Apex Predator Male Hyper Tribal & Territorial.

Paul Marner want's to take call from Two Phones and threaten to go play in Switzerland, he's gonna hear about it from the fanbase, just like every other fanbase in the NHL. /shrugs

Why are you blaming Marner for not having cap space when other dudes didn't take pay cuts either? You are literally ripping into Marner for things that you give other players a pass for, including players who aren't even as important to the team. There is a such a thing as being too much of a homer, and on this you have clearly crossed that line.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

We'll see, none of the other guys are signed yet.

If Laine plays in Switzerland, pretty sure Jets fans with be mad.

That's different. Marner didn't do anything that warrants being mad about, your hypothetical is comparing apples to oranges, to justify a level of outrage that makes no sense. Jets fans in that scenario would have something to be mad about, you don't.

Unless all the RFA's sign way better deals for their teams than Marner did, there is literally nothing to be upset about.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

That's different. Marner didn't do anything that warrants being mad about, your hypothetical is comparing apples to oranges, to justify a level of outrage that makes no sense.

While he was unsigned he was keeping his options open, thus I had no restrictions about calling Paul Marner; Mitch Lindros, no crime where I come from. /shrugs

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

While he was unsigned he was keeping his options open, thus I had no restrictions about calling Paul Marner; Mitch Lindros, no crime where I come from. /shrugs

Well I told you how silly that was in foresight and now you have hindsight which proves my point about that being silly. Yet you are still calling him Mitch Lindros when the Leafs even got a better deal than you were expecting, trying to backwards rationalize an obvious example of fanaticism leading you astray.

Enough of the trashing on Marner, your worst fears never came true, you got better than you expected, so let it go.

If you can't let it go even now, after I was proven right and you were proven wrong, fanatic indeed, sticking with faulty impressions of Marner during the fog of war and holding it against him, after you real world evidence proved you wrong, sad.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

As I said, I will of course file that appropriately under Whoop Dee Doo.

You are still mad at Marner about things that never happened, and faulty perceptions about him, because of fake news triggering you, playing on your fanaticism.

You are acting like a Democrat clinging to Russian Collusion right now.

Edited by Yzermandius19

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge