NHL General Thread

QuebecOverCanada

On 8/17/2019 at 1:47 AM, J4L said:

Rumor has it Jets sniper Patrik Laine may be a holdout at camp, and is unhappy in Winnipeg. 

All the big name RFA's are holding out together, they are all waiting for Marner to set the market by forcing the Leafs to give him Matthews money.

It's not that they want to be traded, they just realize that NHL careers are quickly over after thirty years of age now,  so they won't get paid for what they did as it used to be, if they want to get paid now, they have to get paid for what they are going to do, because the big earnings window is no longer after 30 years of age, the big earnings window is  now 22-28 years of age, and they want short contracts too, so they can get another big one at 28.

Edited by Dougie93

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

What are the Avs even going to do with him? I don't get it.

Yeah, not sure what they see there, it's only $850K, it's not the Leafs tho, I don't think the Avs are so apt to bury guys in the minors like it ain't no thang, so they probably intend him to play in the NHL

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Yeah, not sure what they see there, it's only $850K, it's not the Leafs tho, I don't think the Avs are so apt to bury guys in the minors like it ain't no thang, so they probably intend him to play in the NHL

Where? I don't see a roster spot for him, he's basically competing for the 13th forward spot with Kamanev, he's like the 14th forward.

Makes no sense, we have no room for him unless we are burying him in the AHL. Very strange.

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Where? I don't see a roster spot for him, he's basically competing for the 13th forward spot with Kamanev, he's like the 14th forward.

Makes no sense, we have no room for him unless we are burying him in the AHL. Very strange.

Yeah, that one's weird, I don't see the upside, he's a 2013 daft pick, it's not like he's gonna break out, six years into being a bust.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Jake Gardiner signs with Carolina, 4 x 4.05, pretty much exactly what he has been making for the last 6 years.

That's an odd signing for Carolina, since they are stocked with D already,

Indeed, but as a team stocked with D, they are better equipped than most teams to help cover for Gardiner's weaknesses.

Edited by Yzermandius19

What I note from the prospects tournament was that the clear standouts were;

Justin Brazeau, who scored a lot in junior but lacks elite skating, will be useful to the Marlies certainly, NHL ceiling projects as 4th line depth forward.

Then it was the 29th overall pick Nick Robertson, Dubstep sleeper pick, NHL projection top 6 winger.

Then Hockey Hunter Genius 31st overall pick Yegor Korshkov.   Who I call Yeager Korshkov ftw.

4 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Werenski signed with CBJ for 3 years $5M a year.

Good signature for both parties.

The RFA's are starting to break ranks, not waiting for Marner,

Team friendly bridge, third  year is at $7 million AAV which means he must be qualified for at least that as an RFA only one year away from UFA

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge