Macron and Trudeau gang up on Trump

turningrite

1 minute ago, Boges said:

History has dealt a harsh opinion of the Vichy French.

But to insist that they were the norm rather than the exception is a huge simplification.

Much like other nationalities that found their homeland conquered by the Nazis, they formed their own units to fight with the Allies. 

You're free to whitewash the French experience re: WW2.

They're all part of the Resistance...when DeGaulle came home with a hangman's noose in tow.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

You're free to whitewash the French experience re: WW2.

They're all part of the Resistance...when DeGaulle came home with a hangman's noose in tow.

Did I mention the Resistance? I was referring to the Free French. 

FAKE NEWS!!!

Edited by Boges

5 minutes ago, turningrite said:

This, unfortunately, is the dichotomy preferred by self-styled progressives, including our own darling PM. They want you to believe that the only alternative to globalism is isolationist nationalism. They shill for an agenda the consequences of which they either don't understand or won't admit, but if it succeeds democracy will be lost.

Come on now, it's both sides of the spectrum. The, all liberals are commies crowd on the right is just as bad.

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

History has dealt a harsh opinion of the Vichy French.

But to insist that they were the norm rather than the exception is a huge simplification.

Much like other nationalities that found their homeland conquered by the Nazis, they formed their own units to fight with the Allies. 

For starters, Vichy France was less than half of France and only part of of French North Africa

1 minute ago, Boges said:

And you're the guy generalizing the entire French experience from WW2 to now on Vichy France. Do you still consider any German you see today a Nazi? 

As I've already said: you're free to rewrite the history of WW2 to suit your needs. It doesn't change anything for me. 

16 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Come on now, it's both sides of the spectrum. The, all liberals are commies crowd on the right is just as bad.

Although once left-leaning myself, my politics have evolved and I believe the Libs are servants are of the globalist elites. I believe our political parties are essentially all the same and form a cartel of sorts in order to ignore, suppress and minimize the impacts of popular discontent. They merely mask the decline globalism has wrought by means of promoting ever-burgeoning subsidy programs and other social engineering schemes. And the diversity/multicultural agenda is mainly intended to create social discord in order to distract the citizenry from recognizing the real game that's underway that has vastly and deliberately undermined middle class security. According to polling released last year, in Canada, which as recently as the beginning of this century was considered a solidly middle class country, fewer that half the population now considers itself to be middle class. I think a lot of people, particularly on the right, are willing to get rid of labels and traditional party affiliations and ditch the entire system. Perhaps this is why Bernier's rallies are generating considerable buzz, much to the consternation of mainstream media commentators, who, like John Ibbitson at the G&M, drone on about "dark places" and are dutifully appalled. They don't seem willing to acknowledge that globalist ideology itself has led us to this dark place. Let's tear the whole thing down and let the chips fall where they may. I think this attitude is characteristic of the new right but it terrifies the entire elitist political class, left, right and centre.

16 minutes ago, turningrite said:

Although once left-leaning myself, my politics have evolved and I believe the Libs are servants are of the globalist elites. I believe our political parties are essentially all the same and form a cartel of sorts in order to ignore, suppress and minimize the impacts of popular discontent. They merely mask the decline globalism has wrought by means of promoting ever-burgeoning subsidy programs and other social engineering schemes. And the diversity/multicultural agenda is mainly intended to create social discord in order to distract the citizenry from recognizing the real game that's underway that has vastly and deliberately undermined middle class security. According to polling released last year, in Canada, which as recently as the beginning of this century was considered a solidly middle class country, fewer that half the population now considers itself to be middle class. I think a lot of people, particularly on the right, are willing to get rid of labels and traditional party affiliations and ditch the entire system. Perhaps this is why Bernier's rallies are generating considerable buzz, much to the consternation of mainstream media commentators, who, like John Ibbitson at the G&M, drone on about "dark places" and are dutifully appalled. They don't seem willing to acknowledge that globalist ideology itself has led us to this dark place. Let's tear the whole thing down and let the chips fall where they may. I think this attitude is characteristic of the new right but it terrifies the entire elitist political class, left, right and centre.

Like I said, everything is libs and cons to you. Everything you don't agree with is some kind of a conspiracy instead of just a different way of seeing the world. People on the right love labels as much as anyone, labels kill discussion by trivializing any view but your own. You use of the label, "Libs" just shows that.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Wilber said:

The Big Show is a book written by a French WW2 fighter pilot. Where did I say anything about a book called Third Reich? I did read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, I think  when I was around 17.

The item in question is not the book Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by Shirer. This particular "Third Reich" was a board-game by Avalon Hill...a complex one at that.

4 hours ago, turningrite said:

You need to read Steven Pinker.  He basically proves through multiple statistics that on every metric of progress, people are better off these days in both developed and developing countries than ever before.  Our poor are fed, clothed, have housing, TV’s, computers, and literacy.  The world is a better place than it was 50 or even 20 years ago.  It will get better if we follow the science and data and make a concerted effort at progress.