CON servatives Paid 105,000 For One E-MAIL

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mulroney!!!! I do not forget Mulroney!!!! ;)

I never much liked Mulroney, and was glad to see the end of him. But given a choice between Mulroney and Chretien I would have voted Mulroney if I'd had to bicycle to Toronto to cast my vote. As for "Mr. Dithers", he's such a crooked nonentity that he makes Mulroney look like Mr. Clean.

This thread is supposed to be about the Conservative fraud.  Sure a lot of conservatives not addressing the issue just turning the thread off course.

1) This is the wrong area to be talking about provincial politics.

2) That government isn't even in power. So it seems a waste of time to be talking about them.

well I agree the Muroney goverment was corrupt also i swore back then i would never vote conservative again .

It was? How was the government corrupt? Compare and contrast to the present Liberal government.

Well I don't particularly like Chretien or Paul Martin but the alternative of Harper or many Conservative ideas will be enough to make me vote Liberal.

I think yo uwould vote for Satan as long as he told you he was against private health care.

Argus The Idea of ITQ Quota ,Or giving our marine resources away to business men i beleave started under the Conservatives . I beleave John Crosbey had alot to do with the IDEA .

When the goverment went from crooked conservative To very Crooked liberal ,we hardly seen a difference accept for the liberals trying to cut out the deficit by forceing us to pay through the teeth for every single thing you could think of .Actually makeing slaves out of alot of Us .

Also the liberals seem to be scared to death of natives and seem to be wanting to give 100% of our marine resources to them in the end .

Actually maybe it would be better if we all just paid the natives 40% from our labours and managed the resources without goverment .

I use to hate conservative goverment too under Muroney , I think he was almost as bad as the liberals .

Im just hopeing Harper and gang will be better , they do talk and act like they have some morals .

This present Liberal goverment don't even try to hide how corrupt they are its like they know they got half a population of brainwashed , crime accepting , bibleless liberals behind them no matter what they steal in front of our eyes .

So how about we get back on topic here.

The topic was Conservative corruption.

If you don't think 105,000 dollars of tax payers money going for one e-mail isn't corruption well you really are narrow minded.

And to brush this off as provincial is just a cop out.

The Conservatives love to rant about the Ontario government being Liberal so this here is fair ball as far as I'm concerned.

If a Liberal is a Liberal wether he's provincial or federal in a Conservatives eyes SO BE IT! A Conservative is a Conservative also.

Now back to the topic please! :rolleyes:

The Conservatives love to rant about the Ontario government being Liberal so this here is fair ball as far as I'm concerned.

If you really want to go that route, caesar has some great stories about BC Liberals that she'd like to share.

However, what you're doing here is frankly kind of pathetic and smells badly of desperation.

If you don't think 105,000 dollars of tax payers money going for one e-mail isn't corruption well you really are narrow minded.

Well, if my understanding of the case is correct, then people were fired and the government was defeated. It seems like a very fair and wise way of dealing with cases like this. I am hopeful that the Ontario voters will do the same in the next federal election. Is there much else to discuss?

-kimmy

Guest eureka

Wheteher the Mulroney government was corrupt depends on the interpretation of corruption, Argus.

In my opinion, it was the most corrupt in Canadian history. It foisted a Free Trade agreement on Canada that was designed to give away the store to the United States. It cost Canada many $billions in lost employment and business plants.

It was made without any indication that it was to be government policy in an election campaign that did not even mention Free Trade.

There are a few other gems, but that is the significant one.

Guest eureka

Sorry, Kimmy, that is what comes of rushing responses.

It was the previous election that made no mention of Free Trade yet talks were under way before the 1988 election. Also, the 1988 election gave no specifics about the terms of the agreement. What was revealed was lies in its entirety.

I have posted previously about the memorandums that were revealed later. How Canada had given America "everything it wanted." How the Canadian economy would be "integrated into the US within twenty years."

We did give America everything it wanted in the agreement. Many things that are damaging to our sovereignty and that limit our scope of action in our own economic affairs.

The result has been the slowest growth in Canadian history: high unemployment:declining incomes for longer work hours.

Of course, Mulroney did not expect the economic fallout since he intended and expected us to be an appendage of the US and to experience prosperity as a branch plant. We have not allowed ourselves to be integrated so we have not had the "benefits" that might have accrues to a "brnach."

We did give America everything it wanted in the agreement. Many things that are damaging to our sovereignty and that limit our scope of action in our own economic affairs.

This is why we have the largest export surplus in the G8.

It is the Conservative way to sell out things much like they wish to do with our healthcare.

That is just unfounded, propaganda. Immediately whenever a person or a political party for that matter, mention privitization eveyone thinks of the United States current health care problems, and further everyone gathers that in light of their problems we don't want to slide down that, 'slippery slope'.

However privitization does not mean we would end up with a system kin to the US. Instead look to the countries with the most efficient and effective healthcare systems in the world like Japan and some of the Scandanavian countries. In these countries their health care system is a mix of private and public. It is time people wise up, and stop taking such a narrow viewpoint.

It is time people wise up, and stop taking such a narrow viewpoint.

Listen up! In Quebec there is a private clinic in Montreal!

90 DOCTORS (DID YOU GET THAT) 90 DOCTORS went to work in this private clinic THEY ALL came from the public system.

How is taking 90 doctors out of the public system going to make the public system work better?

Think about that for awhile will ya?

Guest eureka

That is not why we have a large surplus, Willy. That is not a fruit of Free Trade. Free Trade which had a negligible effect on Canadian exports.

Not many tariffs were affected by the Agreements and those that were hardly mattered. Canadian exports to the US may have increased a little through diversion from elsewhere, but not very much. The terms of trade in a Canada/US context favour Canada since we have much of what they need and can produce many manufactured goods cheaper. That is the cause of the surplus; a surplus we would have with or without the Agreement.

The Agreement merely, by and large, shifted ownership of production to the US and limited our freedom of economic action.

Listen up! In Quebec there is a private clinic in Montreal!  90 DOCTORS (DID YOU GET THAT) 90 DOCTORS went to work in this private clinic THEY ALL came from the public system.  How is taking 90 doctors out of the public system going to make the public system work better?  Think about that for awhile will ya?

You raise a valid point, it won't help the public system, but who says the public system is the answer? You have to ask yourself if the public system is so good why would the doctors choose to leave? Possibly because they are overworked, underpaid, can't put up with government buracracy/waste?

Change doesn't come easy and there will be hardship along the way to achieving something/anything great. Look at countries like sweden and Japan who have mixed (to one degree or the other) heath care systems, these same systems have been judged the best health care systems in the world.

All i'm saying is that we should look to the leaders in the field of health care for a vision of what our system could/should look like, and not draw conclusions about private health services based on the US endevour.

Im just hopeing Harper and gang will be better , they do talk and act like they have some morals .

Morals?? Peter MacKay lied to David Orchard.

All senior Liberals lie every time they open their mouths. Paul Martin lied in his first minute after being named Prime Minister and has never stopped.
Vic Toews pleaded guilty in a court of law.
Never heard of him. I wonder if Jean Chretien will plead guilty when they drag him out of the multi-million dollar house he bought with stolen money.

I believe it means she thinks you're an idiot.

So now you're really showing your true colors. When you cannot handle a Liberal posting the truth you refert to name calling.

If I find a Liberal posting truth I will let you know how I handle it. So far I haven't seen any.

Why? To begin with, you have been repeatedly informed that this is not the provincial group and you should be discussing provincial issues there. Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I realize Liberals tend to have low IQs, but come now.

Second, you are continuing to try and distract people from massive Liberal fraud, corruption and theft by delving years into the past for penny ante stuff.

A measly little $105k? Are you kidding me? Let's examine how Paul Martin has repeatedly ignored the Auditor General's demand that he close loopholes which allow Canadian companies to funnel their money through offshore accounts. This costs us billions in taxes. And who benefits? Why Paul Martin Junior, his company, and his family, that's who. These proud Canadians set themselves up in Barbados to avoid paying Canadian taxes. Well, set themselves up is an exaggeration. Canada Steamship Lines has 9 shell companies in Barbados operating out of the same post box

Under enormous pressure, Martin finally reduced offshore tax dodges in other countries. All except the one for Barbados. The one which benefits him and his family.

Wheteher the Mulroney government was corrupt depends on the interpretation of corruption, Argus.
Yes, it depends on a fair interpretation.
In my opinion, it was the most corrupt in Canadian history. It foisted a Free Trade agreement on Canada that was designed to give away the store to the United States. It cost Canada many $billions in lost employment and business plants.

Odd how we seem to be doing so well, despite that.

Odd how we have a huge trade surplus with the US.

Odd how Canadians approved it in an election.