ISIS interview.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Omar was not a soldier, he was a terrorist plain and simple...

He was a kid that was illegally indoctrinated according to international law and conventions we agreed to.  We broke those conventions willingly and with our eyes wide open.

Plain and simple.

No, he was a terrorist whom was convicted of murder...Who got paid out very well because of some misjudgment by some CSIS employee. And now him and his family are living the dream in a nation that they hate....and liberal minded people make that possible, not only did Canada pay him out ....but lets be clear it was our Nation that had him released from US prison early....it was our nation that refused to send him back to Afghanistan to face his crimes over there.....It was our nation that looks after his welfare family and his brothers medical bills, it was this nation that gave him 10 mil dollars....And now it is this nation that allows him to stay and enjoy the same rights and freedoms as we do....even when he took part in taking those same freedoms and rights away from the Afghan people.....This is a wonderful country is it not.....Omar does not have to much to complain about....and I don't think we Canadians should give to sweet f****s about his hardships, when our nation has done a lot worse to others and paid them squat or very little...

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

No, he was a terrorist whom was convicted of murder...Who got paid out very well because of some misjudgment by some CSIS employee. And now him and his family are living the dream in a nation that they hate....and liberal minded people make that possible, not only did Canada pay him out ....but lets be clear it was our Nation that had him released from US prison early....it was our nation that refused to send him back to Afghanistan to face his crimes over there.....It was our nation that looks after his welfare family and his brothers medical bills, it was this nation that gave him 10 mil dollars....And now it is this nation that allows him to stay and enjoy the same rights and freedoms as we do....even when he took part in taking those same freedoms and rights away from the Afghan people.....This is a wonderful country is it not.....Omar does not have to much to complain about....and I don't think we Canadians should give to sweet f****s about his hardships, when our nation has done a lot worse to others and paid them squat or very little...

I think there is a fundamental piece of this you are missing.  That piece is that he confessed under duress/torture. SO whatever he said could have been just to stop the torture. AS I said I can make you confess to anything under those conditions. Does that make your confession correct?

So let's say I torture you and get you to confess to a murder you did not commit, and you spend a few years in GITMO which is out of any normal US or Canadian justice system. Is it justified to continue to call you a terrorist?

All the things I have looked at about this is that Kahdr was found under a pile of rubble and it's sketchy at best that he was ever in a position to attack anyone else in the immediate area. What I am really surprised is that the US soldiers simply did not throw a couple rounds into his head and call it a day. That would have been the easier solution.

Yes we can all agree that the Kadhr family needs further investigation, but that is also another failure of our government to go through with it. Something stinks all around this incident.

Now for this ISIS guy who seems to make no qualms about who and what he is, now THAT we can deal with. Throw him in a plane, deport and throw him out somewhere over GITMO or .. worse ..  Los Angeles. Let's see how he would fair in Compton.

7 hours ago, GostHacked said:

I think there is a fundamental piece of this you are missing.  That piece is that he confessed under duress/torture....

....Yes we can all agree that the Kadhr family needs further investigation, but that is also another failure of our government to go through with it. Something stinks all around this incident.

Sure does and it's not simply a failure. Not charging Omar Khadr's mother and father with indoctrinating a child soldier was/is as deliberate as it is cold and cynical.

So will Army Guy's denial that Omar Khadr was ever subjected to torture.

Exactly what do people think Omar Khadr's parents could be charged with that wouldn't immediately imply their son wasn't at fault for his upbringing and the consequences of that upbringing?

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

Sure does and it's not simply a failure. Not charging Omar Khadr's mother and father with indoctrinating a child soldier was/is as deliberate as it is cold and cynical.

Exactly what do people think Omar Khadr's parents could be charged with that wouldn't immediately imply their son wasn't at fault for his upbringing and the consequences of that upbringing?

Very good questions. Why had the Khadr family not been investigated at this point? There is as much blame on Canada as with the Khadrs for indoctrinating their son.  

20 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Why had the Khadr family not been investigated at this point?

Yeah, right.......

Can you imagine the weeping and wailing from the SJW's if the Canadian government wanted to investigate why a Muslim family with little kids was spending so much time in Afghanistan?

"Well, why aren't we investigating ALL families who want to take their kids out of country, this is unacceptable targeting of an innocent minority!!!!!!!"

"It's their religious right to do whatever they want with their own kids and take them anywhere they want and teach them anything they want - how dare you question Muslim parents!!  RACISTS!!!! ISLAMOPHOBES!!!!"

etc........etc........

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Army Guy said:

It was also Chretien that begged the pakistanis to release his murderous father from jail and sent to canada. That is where it all started.

31 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yeah, right.......

Can you imagine the weeping and wailing from the SJW's if the Canadian government wanted to investigate why a Muslim family with little kids was spending so much time in Afghanistan?

Can you imagine what would happen if his parents were charged with Geneva convention crimes?

It would mean we tortured a child soldier in a illegally declared and conducted war.

Then there are all the other POW's we're responsible for.

This is why Omar's mother will never be charged or investigated for anything. Go there and we're really fucked.

The "fact" there was no child (just an 8 year old adult) conveniently means there was no war, no POW's, no conventions, no responsibility. 

19 hours ago, GostHacked said:

I think there is a fundamental piece of this you are missing.  That piece is that he confessed under duress/torture. SO whatever he said could have been just to stop the torture. AS I said I can make you confess to anything under those conditions. Does that make your confession correct?

So let's say I torture you and get you to confess to a murder you did not commit, and you spend a few years in GITMO which is out of any normal US or Canadian justice system. Is it justified to continue to call you a terrorist?

All the things I have looked at about this is that Kahdr was found under a pile of rubble and it's sketchy at best that he was ever in a position to attack anyone else in the immediate area. What I am really surprised is that the US soldiers simply did not throw a couple rounds into his head and call it a day. That would have been the easier solution.

Yes we can all agree that the Kadhr family needs further investigation, but that is also another failure of our government to go through with it. Something stinks all around this incident.

Now for this ISIS guy who seems to make no qualms about who and what he is, now THAT we can deal with. Throw him in a plane, deport and throw him out somewhere over GITMO or .. worse ..  Los Angeles. Let's see how he would fair in Compton.

I think your assuming that the evidence that did convict him was discovered as a result of torture...It was said in the trail that any evidence that was gained during these torture periods was to be struck off the record...Did that happen only those involved would no for certain....Lets be clear here the torture he was subjected to was Loud music, sitting in stress positions, and he was once used as a mop to wipe up his own urine, all classified as mild forms of torture...torture non the less, and I've already said I do not approve of it's use....

GostHack I ask you about the tape he made and was found in the ruble of the house, here it shows him making IED's and mines, he says very proudly he wants to kill Americans, that he has been reporting convoy movements to the Taliban, and Al Qaida, along with troop movements, spying on American bases....All terrorist activates...note he was never charged with these crimes as the US wanted the murder charge...but they do make him a terrorist....

Can anyone but Omar account for his time, starting from when the Afghan police knocked on the door, and both where gunned down, until the time Omar is in his final resting place. One can bet he and those with him know the consequences of getting caught by allied forces, they were all armed, AK47 were found for each enemy combatant found, including young Omar, tell me why he would not have picked up a wpn to defend himself....GSR was found on his hands.

why no bullet to the back of the head, it is court documents show that shooting him was discussed , however they were there investigating the use of a sat phone activity, Omar had one in his procession, Omar spoke perfect English, again something odd, that the spec ops guys thought would be usefull intel, those things saved his life...      

Why ISIS guys gets thrown into Compton, and Omar gets treaty like royalty….They are both the same people.....

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

I've already said on many posts that I did not agree with the torture. Let alone denied it ever happened.

Omar does not get a free pass, just like anyone in Canada get a free pass for their actions regardless of age....you can goggle how many Canadian kids have been charged with MURDER>>>.and have gone to prison for those convictions.

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

...you can goggle how many Canadian kids have been charged with MURDER>>>.and have gone to prison for those convictions.

Kids that were illegally indoctrinated into participating in an armed military conflict?  I'm sorry but evidence is the responsibility of the positive claimant.  You go google them up.

7 hours ago, Goddess said:

Yeah, right.......

"Well, why aren't we investigating ALL families who want to take their kids out of country, this is unacceptable targeting of an innocent minority!!!!!!!"

"It's their religious right to do whatever they want with their own kids and take them anywhere they want and teach them anything they want - how dare you question Muslim parents!!  RACISTS!!!! ISLAMOPHOBES!!!!"

etc........etc........

I am all for the rest of the Khadr family be investigated and jailed for their crimes. The father deserves some jail time, no arguments there either. But even the SJWs would want to have them investigated.

To your second point, we cannot investigate parents as they take them out of country. However that can depend on WHERE they are going. That's kind of a red flag worth of monitoring. You don't have the same rights in Canada like when you travel abroad.  However we now KNOW that Omar was taken to a war zone to fight the infidels, but yet his father has not been taken to task? So we cannot do the whole Pre-Crime bit just yet, because we are still innocent until proven guilty (and even then the verdict could be false based on false information during the court proceedings,  I digress. )....  There are some here that don't buy into the SJW bullshit NOR buy into the whole Islam or 'we are good they are not' mentality. Those that think like that end up calling out how stupid both extremes of the right and left ideologies while getting berated by both groups for calling it out.

46 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Kids that were illegally indoctrinated into participating in an armed military conflict?  I'm sorry but evidence is the responsibility of the positive claimant.  You go google them up.

I'll do that for him.. This was one hit, but overall seems like a rare event for a child to be convicted as an adult.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/children-who-kill-children-6-high-profile-cases-1.1322603

Only a couple of these cases are in Canada.

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I think your assuming that the evidence that did convict him was discovered as a result of torture...It was said in the trail that any evidence that was gained during these torture periods was to be struck off the record...

Did that happen only those involved would no for certain....Lets be clear here the torture he was subjected to was Loud music, sitting in stress positions, and he was once used as a mop to wipe up his own urine, all classified as mild forms of torture...torture non the less, and I've already said I do not approve of it's use....

GostHack I ask you about the tape he made and was found in the ruble of the house, here it shows him making IED's and mines, he says very proudly he wants to kill Americans, that he has been reporting convoy movements to the Taliban, and Al Qaida, along with troop movements, spying on American bases....All terrorist activates...note he was never charged with these crimes as the US wanted the murder charge...but they do make him a terrorist....

Why ISIS guys gets thrown into Compton, and Omar gets treaty like royalty….They are both the same people.....

Once you admit it as evidence and even if directed to ignore it, it still affects the jury's outcome. You ever been to Compton? Neither have I. I guess Detroit would be worse, good chance to get shot by a cop. I am not saying that Omar is better,

There is a tape of him making IEDs? You seem to be correct. I was able to find it on youtube easy enough. I had not heard about it, I shall consider it.

20 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

I'll do that for him.. This was one hit, but overall seems like a rare event for a child to be convicted as an adult.

Your examples weren't illegally indoctrinated or recruited by adults.  That's the key difference. There are no examples, since at least the 2nd world war, and in fact Omar Khadr's treatment is or could very well be the new standard in how we conduct ourselves in the armed conflicts we participate in. 

The start of the trial of Omar Khadr – arrested in Afghanistan in 2002 for crimes he allegedly committed as a child – before the United States Military Commission in Guantánamo Bay today could set a precedent jeopardizing the status of child soldiers around the world, a United Nations envoy cautioned.

“Since World War II, no child has been prosecuted for a war crime,” Ms. Coomaraswamy said. “Child soldiers must be treated primarily as victims and alternative procedures should be in place aimed at rehabilitation or restorative justice.”

She noted that even if Mr. Khadr, a Canadian citizen, were to be tried in a national court, the standards of juvenile justice are clear – “children should not be tried before military tribunals.”

https://news.un.org/en/story/2010/08/347282

Edited by eyeball

20 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Your examples weren't illegally indoctrinated or recruited by adults.  That's the key difference. There are no examples, since at least the 2nd world war, and in fact Omar Khadr's treatment is or could very well be the new standard in how we conduct ourselves in the armed conflicts we participate in.

Yes you are correct, they were not illegally indoctrinated. So there is a big difference there. Was his parents ever brought up on charges?

19 hours ago, eyeball said:

Can you imagine what would happen if his parents were charged with Geneva convention crimes?

It would mean we tortured a child soldier in a illegally declared and conducted war.

Then there are all the other POW's we're responsible for.

This is why Omar's mother will never be charged or investigated for anything. Go there and we're really fucked.

The "fact" there was no child (just an 8 year old adult) conveniently means there was no war, no POW's, no conventions, no responsibility. 

I'm responding not only to your quote above but to other comments you've made on this topic. It seems you're operating under some misconceptions. First of all, unlike Bush II's Iraq War, the War in Afghanistan (2001-2014) was not illegally conducted. I believe it was sanctioned by NATO and as far as I'm aware the U.S.-led invasion was legitimately considered a form of self-defense based on the UN Charter.

Further, you seem to have a false impression regarding the treatment of what are categorized as child soldiers. International law does not prohibit state or non-state combatants who are under the age of 18 from being prosecuted for war crimes. Instead, it restricts the types of punishments to which they can be subjected, including prohibiting capital punishment for committing such crimes. There is a very good reason for allowing child combatants to be prosecuted for war crimes as granting immunity from prosecution would very likely encourage increased recruiting and deployment of child combatants, particularly to commit the most heinous acts. 

12 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Yes you are correct, they were not illegally indoctrinated. So there is a big difference there. Was his parents ever brought up on charges?

Not a single charge as near as I can tell.  The illegality of what they and other adults did to Omar Khadr doesn't appear to have been investigated in any way.  I suspect even mentioning the possibility in federal prosecutor offices is as verboten as the idea he was ever a child.

For all intents and purposes Omar Khadr was born an adult.

1 hour ago, turningrite said:

First of all, unlike Bush II's Iraq War, the War in Afghanistan (2001-2014) was not illegally conducted. I believe it was sanctioned by NATO and as far as I'm aware the U.S.-led invasion was legitimately considered a form of self-defense based on the UN Charter.

It was being illegally conducted the minute we started ignoring that charter's conventions according to the UN officials responsible for upholding it.

Further, you seem to have a false impression regarding the treatment of what are categorized as child soldiers. International law does not prohibit state or non-state combatants who are under the age of 18 from being prosecuted for war crimes. Instead, it restricts the types of punishments to which they can be subjected, including prohibiting capital punishment for committing such crimes. There is a very good reason for allowing child combatants to be prosecuted for war crimes as granting immunity from prosecution would very likely encourage increased recruiting and deployment of child combatants, particularly to commit the most heinous acts.

You're saying it allows for the torture, trial by military tribunal, confinement and public vilification of children?  These are war crimes btw. International conventions have certainly discouraged the charging of any kids with war crimes since WW2.  At the very least, Omar's parents should have been charged with illegal indoctrination and if found guilty this should have been given consideration in a real court of law that determined Omar Khadr's treatment.

As I said before though, charging Omar Khadr's parents and dealing with him according to UN conventions might cause lots of issues relating to other abrogations of those conventions and other people's rights during this conflict.  

Edited by eyeball

1 hour ago, turningrite said:

I'm responding not only to your quote above but to other comments you've made on this topic. It seems you're operating under some misconceptions. First of all, unlike Bush II's Iraq War, the War in Afghanistan (2001-2014) was not illegally conducted. I believe it was sanctioned by NATO and as far as I'm aware the U.S.-led invasion was legitimately considered a form of self-defense based on the UN Charter.

Self defence? That's laughable. Our laws do NOT apply to foreign nations. Canadian or US Law has no jurisdiction over other nations plain and simple.

But it is interesting that 17/19 of the 9-11 hijackers were Saudi's but yet Iraq and Afghanistan needed to be pounded into the ground. The Bin Laden family is a HUGE deal in Saudi Arabia. What is the connection people are missing here in regards to that?

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

It was being illegally conducted the minute we started ignoring that charter's conventions according to the UN officials responsible for upholding it.

You're saying it allows for the torture, trial by military tribunal, confinement and public vilification of children?  These are war crimes btw. International conventions have certainly discouraged the charging of any kids with war crimes since WW2.  At the very least, Omar's parents should have been charged with illegal indoctrination and if found guilty this should have been given consideration in a real court of law that determined Omar Khadr's treatment.

What academic or legal opinions can you cite to support your contention that the War in Afghanistan was illegal? Anything I've read on the topic has concluded that it was a legally valid action according to the terms of the UN Charter, which permits self-defense. In case you don't remember, the U.S. was attacked in 2001 by an organization, al Qaeda, that was being permitted to operate from Afghanistan. NATO approved military action in response to the 2001 attacks and in my recollection the UN did not condemn the response.  And your second point is somewhat ridiculous. Of course, torture is banned under international law, whatever the age of those subjected to it. Its use by the Americans at Gitmo has been controversial, both inside the U.S. and internationally. The U.S. government and military, however, have adopted a policy of exceptionalism, whereby international law is not held to apply outside of U.S. territory where U.S. military and security interests are at stake. And there is no general prohibition on prosecuting child combatants for war crimes, nor should there be unless of course you'd like to see unscrupulous regimes and organizations take advantage of such impunity to encourage the greater deployment of children in armed struggles.

Edited by turningrite

2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Self defence? That's laughable. Our laws do NOT apply to foreign nations. Canadian or US Law has no jurisdiction over other nations plain and simple.

But it is interesting that 17/19 of the 9-11 hijackers were Saudi's but yet Iraq and Afghanistan needed to be pounded into the ground. The Bin Laden family is a HUGE deal in Saudi Arabia. What is the connection people are missing here in regards to that?

Oh my, how should I start to respond? I'll be short here: Under international law nations have a right to self-defense. Afghanistan was attacked because its then-governing regime was permitting its territory to be used as a base by al Qaeda, which perpetrated the 9-11 attacks. The role of Saudi Arabia is often debated as most of the perpetrators of the 9-11 attacks were from that country, however Bin Laden's organization and its form of Wahabi extremism have generally been seen as potential threats to the interests of the Saudi regime, which for better or worse was and remains a U.S. and Western ally.

Edited by turningrite

On 6/12/2018 at 3:28 AM, eyeball said:

Not near the torture army guy would have received if he was a guest of the taliban.

Edited by PIK

7 hours ago, turningrite said:

What academic or legal opinions can you cite to support your contention that the War in Afghanistan was illegal? 

I said the war became illegal, when it's conduct violated UN and Geneva conventions, especially as they relate to torture, and the treatment of children as per the UN's opinion I mentioned above.

And your second point is somewhat ridiculous. Of course, torture is banned under international law, whatever the age of those subjected to it. Its use by the Americans at Gitmo has been controversial, both inside the U.S. and internationally. The U.S. government and military, however, have adopted a policy of exceptionalism, whereby international law is not held to apply outside of U.S. territory where U.S. military and security interests are at stake. And there is no general prohibition on prosecuting child combatants for war crimes, nor should there be unless of course you'd like to see unscrupulous regimes and organizations take advantage of such impunity to encourage the greater deployment of children in armed struggles.

Fuck the US government's exceptionalism and fuck any country that sucks up to it, especially its allies.  You stand by and allow one country to go down this road there'll be no reason why anyone can't declare themselves more exceptional and do whatever they please as well.  

Your concerns about unscrupulous regimes and organizations is fricken' hilarious.

Edited by eyeball

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:40 PM, GostHacked said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/children-who-kill-children-6-high-profile-cases-1.1322603

Only a couple of these cases are in Canada.

Once you admit it as evidence and even if directed to ignore it, it still affects the jury's outcome. You ever been to Compton? Neither have I. I guess Detroit would be worse, good chance to get shot by a cop. I am not saying that Omar is better,

There is a tape of him making IEDs? You seem to be correct. I was able to find it on youtube easy enough. I had not heard about it, I shall consider it.

So children have been convicted of murder ,and when you take a look at the UN child soldier act, it states that the act does not give them a free pass and that criminal charges can be laid...Omar example is one of those.

I'll give you that, it would be hard to unhear something....never been to Compton other than whats on u tube, or TV. 

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

I said the war became illegal, when it's conduct violated UN and Geneva conventions, especially as they relate to torture, and the treatment of children as per the UN's opinion I mentioned above.

Fuck the US government's exceptionalism and fuck any country that sucks up to it, especially its allies.  You stand by and allow one country to go down this road there'll be no reason why anyone can't declare themselves more exceptional and do whatever they please as well.  

Your concerns about unscrupulous regimes and organizations is fricken' hilarious.

It seems to me that you've lost the argument here and are now just shouting.