President Oprah Winfrey in January 2021?

President Oprah Winfrey?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Eastern Airlines was just another comical business disaster, with or without Trump...Borman...or Lorenzo.

Older Americans, the ones with the highest voter turnout, have known Donald Trump for decades....long before Winfrey...long before Clintons.

I don't know about the rest of Eastern as I never really used them, but that shuttle was unique. It was a different time for air travel, and being able to step onto a plane just like a bus was extremely convenient. Didn't even have to buy a ticket, you got it on the plane.

Trump had his heyday in the 80's, and then he became a liability. Anyone that really knew him, could tell the hype from the reality. Old and senile doesn't mean squat, except as you point out in the voting booth.

18 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I don't know about the rest of Eastern as I never really used them, but that shuttle was unique. It was a different time for air travel, and being able to step onto a plane just like a bus was extremely convenient. Didn't even have to buy a ticket, you got it on the plane.

The airline industry was deregulated in the United States in 1978....that's what happened.

Trump had his heyday in the 80's, and then he became a liability. Anyone that really knew him, could tell the hype from the reality. Old and senile doesn't mean squat, except as you point out in the voting booth.

The hype we (Americans) know is better than the hype we don't know.    Even the old and fat Donald Trump is the same as he ever was.   He owned the media, just as he always has, and Winfrey knows what kind of power that can be.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:52 PM, taxme said:

"Trump is not a business man"? Well, what the hell is he then?

A crooked, lying sales guy.

I suppose that you would have preferred to see crooked and lying Hillary as president then , eh?  

Yes. She is/was considerably more honest than Trump, and massively more competent.

A Trump comes along and at least he says that he wants to try and drain the swamp,

Trump and his ilk ARE the swamp. A crooked Manhattan billionaire who buys people off to get what he wants and lies through his teeth about everything. It's pathetic you think he's going to drain a swamp that suits him so well.

and then there are people like you that thinks that has to be a bad thing for America and for the rest of the world. It's no wonder Canada is in big trouble with Canadians like you around. I suppose that if we had a similar politician around who wanted to do the same thing here in Canada and drain the Canadian swamp you would be attacking them also, eh? 

If he was a crooked, lying, incompetent weasel, yeah.

PS: And where did you get this nonsense from that Trump on his TV show was not allowed to make his own decisions and simply did what he was told?

From the people who ran the TV show.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Trump never said that he was a politician. Hello. :rolleyes: 

Of course, he claimed he wasn't. Yet another one of his countless lies. He has been a politician since at least the 80's for anyone that cared to pay attention.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

I care about deficits.

So do I.

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

...because he was already a fixture in American culture....real estate...USFL....boxing promotions....60 Minutes interview...affairs/marriages.

Learning about Donald Trump (in Canada) by watching American media is not the same as living through his famous/infamous history...in real time.

So like the Kardashians...

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

A crooked, lying sales guy.

Yes. She is/was considerably more honest than Trump, and massively more competent.

Trump and his ilk ARE the swamp. A crooked Manhattan billionaire who buys people off to get what he wants and lies through his teeth about everything. It's pathetic you think he's going to drain a swamp that suits him so well.

If he was a crooked, lying, incompetent weasel, yeah.

From the people who ran the TV show.

Wow, you must be a spokesman for the liberal establishment alright. Only a lieberal would spread around that kind of chit like you just did and who does appear indeed to support the swamp. 

Considerably more honest? Hillary was a lying and crooked thief, and she and Billie Bob stole millions from the many adventures that she was involved with that were of a charity nature. She was even involved in stealing money from the Haitian earthquake event. I got all of that from the internet. 

26 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Of course, he claimed he wasn't. Yet another one of his countless lies. He has been a politician since at least the 80's for anyone that cared to pay attention.

So do I.

Trump has never been what one would call a real politician until he became the president of the USA. Hello? Wake up. it's 2018 now. Hello? :D

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Trump has never been what one would call a real politician until he became the president of the USA. Hello? Wake up. it's 2018 now. Hello? :D

Hello, he considered running for President in 1988, 2004 and 2012 and for Governor of New York in 2006 and 2014. He actually campaigned in 1999 for President, but then backed out. I suggest you learn a little history.

5 hours ago, Argus said:

I care about deficits.

Ok, so Canadians care about America's deficits. But Americans don't. And by no one, I don't literally mean zero people out of 300+ million, just that the number that care is small enough that it's not a concern that is taken seriously by politicians. Your typical American can't even get their own credit card spending under control, let alone contemplate the implications decades down the road of today's deficit spending at a federal level. 

25 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well, as you stated, most Americans don't care at all, so maybe it's another way for those Canadians to be "not American".

I used to care about the deficit but later I realized that what matters is one's own personal finances, not those of the country where one happens to live. 

18 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Hello, he considered running for President in 1988, 2004 and 2012 and for Governor of New York in 2006 and 2014. He actually campaigned in 1999 for President, but then backed out. I suggest you learn a little history.

Hello again. Trump had said that he does not want to be considered or called a politician. That was his own words when he was running for president. Not my words but his. Trump does not want to be considered a politician. You may want to call him a politician but Trump does not want to be called a politician. Being a politician these days is not something that anyone should be proud of. It is not a noble profession. The majority should be ashamed of themselves for what they have/are mostly doing these days to this country, and all in the name and at the taxpayer's expense. Many of them need to be "fired" as Trump would say. Starting with JT. :D

20 hours ago, taxme said:

Wow, you must be a spokesman for the liberal establishment alright.

No. I'm just smart, and well-read.

20 hours ago, taxme said:

Considerably more honest? Hillary was a lying and crooked thief, and she and Billie Bob stole millions from the many adventures that she was involved with that were of a charity nature. She was even involved in stealing money from the Haitian earthquake event. I got all of that from the internet. 

I don't base my assessments of dishonesty on made-up slanders by lunatics but on evidence and some infusion of logic. Republican extremists have been making allegations about the  Clinton charity foundation forever, and Republican fronts have been investigating it forever, and they've found NOTHING. On the other hand, Trump's charity is a fraud, and hopefully he'll soon be charged by the state of New York.

15 hours ago, Bonam said:

I don't know, but two Canadians above clearly stated that they do. 

I said I care about deficits, not specifically US deficits. US deficits are only worrying to the extent they reveal a country without proper governance on our borders, and one liable to deteriorate in future to a state of economic chaos when the debt servicing costs begins to really heavily impact their ability to pay for government services. Guess how much money the US government paid  out in debt service fees for 2017. Would you believe  $276 billion? Be kinda nice to be able to spend that on things like infrastructure, wouldn't it? So what happens when it reaches $500 billion a year? A trillion a year? I'd rather not be living with a well-armed Mexico on our border.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bonam said:

Ok, so Canadians care about America's deficits. But Americans don't. And by no one, I don't literally mean zero people out of 300+ million, just that the number that care is small enough that it's not a concern that is taken seriously by politicians.

American politicians, by and large, don't give a shit what people want unless those people have large checkbooks. If they cared what people wanted they'd have public health care and gun control.

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

Trump also wants to be considered a very stable genius.

That is because Trump is a stable genius. You have to be a stable person to be running all the businesses he is running plus being the president of the USA. If Trump were an unstable person he would no doubt be sitting like you are right now and probably whining and complaining about Hillary and Obama and their appearing to be quite unstable. 

If you watched Trump as much as I do, one does not see a person who is not stable. I see a person who knows what he is doing and truly does appear to be quite stable. Quite the genius to. The question that should be asked here is are you stable enough to be giving negative opinions about Trump? Just asking?  

31 minutes ago, Argus said:

No. I'm just smart, and well-read.

I don't base my assessments of dishonesty on made-up slanders by lunatics but on evidence and some infusion of logic. Republican extremists have been making allegations about the  Clinton charity foundation forever, and Republican fronts have been investigating it forever, and they've found NOTHING. On the other hand, Trump's charity is a fraud, and hopefully he'll soon be charged by the state of New York.

The question is, what are you reading? Reading books from the liberal left? So you say you are smart. Some have their own different opinions about that. When someone like you questions Trump as much as you do without at least giving the guy a chance and waiting to see what he accomplishes but instead prefers to mock and attack Trump and what he is trying to do for America, one has to wonder as to whether you should have a right to speak about Trump at all. I am smart enough to say give the guy a chance. So far Trump has not done anything bad yet for America and Americans. As a matter of fact many of his policies today have now been shown to be great for America and Americans. 

You should stop being so negative about Trump and at least take a wait and see attitude instead of a gloom and doom attitude. Stop acting like a liberal if you say that you are not one. 

I cannot wait for fraud charges to be laid against that lying and crooked Hillary over her involvement with the Russians and her foundation fraud against the Haitian people. Stay tuned. It is not Trump that you will be seeing going to jail but maybe your darling Hillary is the one that could be going to jail wearing an orange outfit one day. One can only hope. :D

But keep hoping for a New York state charge against Trump. I won't because nothing is going to happen to Trump. I guess that you will just have to wait for another 7 years before Trump is required to retire as the president. I wish that here in Canada there were term limits. But I don't see that ever happening in Canada. Aw well, life must go on.