Create GENERAL DISCUSSION section?

betsy

54 minutes ago, hot enough said:

And you know full well that you US government supporting conspiracy theorists wouldn't dare to start a USGOCT thread because you know you can't provide any proof/evidence for that terribly lame conspiracy theory. The opportunity has been there for months on end and not one believer of the USGOCT has offered one iota of evidence/proof. 

LoL this is why I asked to uncle Michael that who is going to decide whether something is conspiracy or not because its highly possible that any topics questions 9/11 or similar events is going to be placed in "Conspiracy Theories" section by mods. 

12 minutes ago, Altai said:

LoL this is why I asked to uncle Michael that who is going to decide whether something is conspiracy or not because its highly possible that any topics questions 9/11 or similar events is going to be placed in "Conspiracy Theories" section by mods. 

Yes, the irony is overwhelming, Altai. These are the very people who hold themselves out as always open to totally free discourse adults.

Edited by hot enough

5 minutes ago, Altai said:

...its highly possible that any topics questions 9/11 or similar events is going to be placed in "Conspiracy Theories" section by mods. 

That remains to be seen, but if most people see it as a conspiracy theory what would you have done with the topic ?  It's not 'news'.  I would relegate it to its own forum, and hopefully that will reduce duplicate postings, spam and so on.

1 hour ago, hot enough said:

Yes, the irony is overwhelming, Altai. These are the very people who hold themselves out as always open to totally free discourse adults.

Yes, free discourse....but that doesn't mean forcing your discourse on someone's own thread!  You're practically hijacking most of the threads! 

There are moments when I do enjoy bantering with you, but you're hurting the board when you're turning all discussions to be about the same thing!

If you want to talk about something - create your own thread for it.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

That remains to be seen, but if most people see it as a conspiracy theory what would you have done with the topic ?  It's not 'news'.  I would relegate it to its own forum, and hopefully that will reduce duplicate postings, spam and so on.

Democracy is nonsense. Most of the people generally makes their decisions based on their fanatical feelings and not based on logic.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

That remains to be seen, but if most people see it as a conspiracy theory what would you have done with the topic ?  It's not 'news'.  

It's not politics, either, and really shouldn't be in on a sub forum dedicated to politics. That includes both Canadian politics and US politics. There really is no existing suitable topic where something like 9/11 properly fits.

Edited by Argus

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Non sequitur.

Altai said: Democracy is nonsense. Most of the people generally makes their decisions based on their fanatical feelings and not based on logic.

You called this a non sequitur because Altai described you to a T and you don't want to have to address it.

Your feelings, and therefore your "discussion" about the 911 issue are nothing but fanatical because you outright deny reality, you categorically deny science, you refuse to address so much because you actually know your position is fatuous. That is the very definition of a fanatic. 

1 hour ago, hot enough said:

when it gets a little hot for you

C'mon.  It's obviously not hot enough.

(am I really the first one to say that??)

I propose three new threads in their own section:

1) The USA is EVIL

2) 911 Was a Sham

3) Denying Science (Have You No Morals?)

That should clean things up a bit.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Hydraboss said:

C'mon.  It's obviously not hot enough.

(am I really the first one to say that??)

Nobody thinks they are as witty as you think you are. 

1) The USA is EVIL

2) 911 Was a Sham

That's what intellectual cowards would do. 

11 hours ago, hot enough said:

Altai said: Democracy is nonsense. Most of the people generally makes their decisions based on their fanatical feelings and not based on logic.

1. You called this a non sequitur because Altai described you to a T and you don't want to have to address it.

2. Your feelings, and therefore your "discussion" about the 911 issue are nothing but fanatical because you outright deny reality, you categorically deny science, you refuse to address so much because you actually know your position is fatuous. That is the very definition of a fanatic. 

1. No, I said so because it didn't follow the discussion of how to classify such stories.

2. I have addressed all the points, but if you ask the same questions over and over I will just refer you to my previous responses.  

10 hours ago, Hydraboss said:

1) The USA is EVIL

2) 911 Was a Sham

I second your proposal.  But we still have the problem of posters mis-categorizing their posts into legitimate forums instead of putting them in the three proper playpens allocated to them.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I second your proposal.  But we still have the problem of posters mis-categorizing their posts into legitimate forums instead of putting them in the three proper playpens allocated to them.

Ban them.

• Like 3