The Battle of Charlottesville

38 minutes ago, marcus said:

The awkwardness is that Zionist Jews dislike the KKK/Nazis/Angry hillbillies because they have racist feelings towards Jews. But then they both have racist feelings towards Muslims.

Having racist feelings about Muslims is akin to having "racist feelings" about libertarians. 

Islam is a religion.

• Like 1

I love self-serving, pick and choose guy, who likes to dismiss the UN (including Canada and U.S.) accepted meaning of racism, just so he can say he isn't a racist when he makes racist comments towards a group of people.

Oh yeah, let me adjust the B.S. comment to this:

Having racist feelings about Jews is akin to having "racist feelings" about libertarians. 

Judaism is a religion and Jews are not a race.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marcus said:

The awkwardness is that Zionist Jews dislike the KKK/Nazis/Angry hillbillies because they have racist feelings towards Jews. But then they both have racist feelings towards Muslims.

Oh, I thought you meant on here...

47 minutes ago, marcus said:

I love self-serving, pick and choose guy, who likes to dismiss the UN (including Canada and U.S.) accepted meaning of racism, just so he can say he isn't a racist when he makes racist comments towards a group of people.

Having racist feelings about Jews is akin to having "racist feelings" about libertarians. 

I'm not gonna read it (no time), but did they really try and say Islam is a race?

I can see why people dismiss it.

12 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I'm not gonna read it (no time), but did they really try and say Islam is a race?

I can see why people dismiss it.

Hate is hate. If you dislike a person because of their colour, ethnic background or the religion they practice, it's defined as racism.

4 minutes ago, marcus said:

Hate is hate. If you dislike a person because of their colour, ethnic background or the religion they practice, it's defined as racism.

What if it's because of the bad stuff their religion has them do?

Just now, marcus said:

Abrahamic religions have many similarities and their books say some really fucked up shit. Sometimes these books contradict themselves as well. 

Quite.  But where does disgust and contempt for the individual religious cretin acting on what the good book says become racism?

(I already know the answer to that.  I'm just curious as to what Durban says)

14 minutes ago, marcus said:

Because being a Muslim is like being a Nazi? Got it.

Another one of your ACE comparisons.

What if you hate them because of their evangelical Christian views?

Just now, bcsapper said:

Quite.  But where does disgust and contempt for the individual religious cretin acting on what the good book says become racism?

(I already know the answer to that.  I'm just curious as to what Durban says)

I'm not here to answer for Durban. 

My belief is that if you stereotype and group people because of their race, religion and ethnicity, then you're an idiot.

Just now, bcsapper said:

What if you hate them because of their evangelical Christian views?

What views? Regardless, I have the ability to distinguish and understand that not all evangelical Christians/Sunnis/Shias/Jews/etc have the same view as someone else who may call themself a follower of one of those religions. 

2 minutes ago, marcus said:

I'm not here to answer for Durban. 

My belief is that if you stereotype and group people because of their race, religion and ethnicity, then you're an idiot.

Yeah, I agree.  I also think that if one avoids calling barbaric religious behaviour exactly what it is because one is worried about racism then one is an idiot too. 

2 minutes ago, marcus said:

What views? Regardless, I have the ability to distinguish and understand that not all evangelical Christians/Sunnis/Shias/Jews/etc have the same view as someone else who may call themself a follower of one of those religions. 

Bad views.  What if you just hate the ones with bad views.

10 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yeah, I agree.  I also think that if one avoids calling barbaric religious behaviour exactly what it is because one is worried about racism then one is an idiot too. 

100% agree.

On top of that, we should expand the conversation and talk about the roots of why they do these things. Everything from the history, culture, cause and effect, education to anything else that could create disgusting actions and behaviour.

The problem that is increasing is that there are people who are pointing at a religion and saying, THAT'S THE CAUSE! If it was, we would all be blown up and our heads cut off by Muslims.

Edited by marcus

Just now, marcus said:

100% agree.

On top of that, we should expand the conversation and talk about the roots of why they do these things. Everything from the history, culture, cause and effect, education to anything else that could create disgusting actions and behaviour.

This is why you can't just point at a religion and say, THAT'S THE CAUSE! Because if it was, we would all be blown up and our heads cut off by Muslims.

Here I disagree.  If we are talking about people acting based on their religious beliefs,  then their religion would be the cause.  Thankfully, not all religious people interpret the word of their God the same way.  Or we probably would all be dead.  Or they would.  Or everyone, by now.

Just now, bcsapper said:

Here I disagree.  If we are talking about people acting based on their religious beliefs,  then their religion would be the cause.  Thankfully, not all religious people interpret the word of their God the same way.  Or we probably would all be dead.  Or they would.  Or everyone, by now.

Two people are Muslim.

One acts because of how he interprets his belief to be.

The other acts differently because he interprets things differently.

Which Muslim's belief represents the religion?

9 minutes ago, marcus said:

Two people are Muslim.

One acts because of how he interprets his belief to be.

The other acts differently because he interprets things differently.

Which Muslim's belief represents the religion?

Both.

Edit>  That's the whole point behind not blaming all.... etc.

Edited by bcsapper

2 hours ago, marcus said:

We could ask Sammy Davis Jr what a Jew is...but he's unfortunately dead. Let's ask Lenny Kravitz, instead.

Allowing the OIC dominated UN to decide what is and isn't racism is akin to allowing Snopes to decide what is "the truth" and the ADL or SPLC to decide what is "hate speech".

I'm sure you're okay with that, mind-you.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Both.

I don't agree. There are many types of Muslims. Islam, just like most other religions, works differently to different people.

The problem is that the racists and the bigots cannot distinguish or tell the difference. This is why there is a fear of "Muslims". Because when you have the betsys and the scarletts and the DoP's commenting about Muslims, they are all the same to them. They group them all together. Then you have people like you, who express that you understand that Muslims come with different beliefs, but then you don't challenge the betsys and scarlettes and DoP's.