Canada rethinking it's sales to Saudi Arabia

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/trudeau-government-registers-concern-with-saudi-arabia-over-apparent-armoured-vehicle-use/article35896121/

The Trudeau government has reached out to Saudi Arabia and Western allies to register unease over Riyadh’s apparent use of Canadian armoured vehicles against its own citizens, Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland says.

“We’ve expressed our concerns ... to the kingdom of Saudi Arabia,” the Minister said Monday during a teleconference.

Prompted by a report from The Globe and Mail, Canada is in the middle of an investigation into videos and photos emerging from Saudi Arabia that show armoured vehicles made by Terradyne Armored Vehicles of Newmarket, Ont., being deployed in a conflict between Saudi forces and Shia militants in the Mid-East kingdom’s Eastern Province.

However, nothing will be done, because companies are making money. We talk about combating terrorism, but this is not the way to do it. Selling the Saudis billions worth of weapons and vehicles, only to be used on their own citizens.  Why does Canada hate freedom and democracy? I cannot put all the blame on Trudeau as this deal was most likely made during Harper's term as PM.

While Canadian political debate over the past 18 months has focused on a $15-billion deal to supply Riyadh with weaponized armoured vehicles produced at General Dynamics Corp.’s London, Ont., plant, other unrelated Canadian companies such as Terradyne have been making their own combat machine sales to the Saudis.

One argument on the CBC yesterday was the notion of 'what about those people at the plant and what about their jobs and livelyhood?'  I mean as long as we are making money , who really cares if the Saudis are killing their own people with the stuff sold to them. Right?

Saudi is a dictatorship, why do Canada working with them at all ? Instead of making anti-propaganda news in media all day long ? Let me guess because they accept to work with Britain and they invest huge amount in Britain. So we call it "Dog never bites another dog"  here. Dictatorships like each other.

Edited by Altai

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

I cannot put all the blame on Trudeau as this deal was most likely made during Harper's term as PM.

I don't have any problem putting it on Trudeau. He was as clearly warned this would happen.

Canada deserves what it gets too for the same reason.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I don't have any problem putting it on Trudeau. He was as clearly warned this would happen.

Canada deserves what it gets too for the same reason.

I'd put it more on the whole government, and not specifically Trudeau.  But these deals were in the making for a couple years. So let's put part of the blame where it belongs.

Lol

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

How democratic is it if we don't have a say in how our foreign policy plays out?

Lol this coming from someone who has no problems with Trudeau making a closed door settlement to Kadr

Its laughable how liberal bafoons select their moral outrage.

Edited by Rue

6 minutes ago, Rue said:

Lol

Lol this coming from someone who has no problems with Trudeau making a closed door settlement to Kadr

Its laughable how liberal bafoons select their moral outrage.

No where have I made that statement. GO away.  Stop it.

4 hours ago, Altai said:

Saudi is a dictatorship, why do Canada working with them at all ? Instead of making anti-propaganda news in media all day long ? Let me guess because they accept to work with Britain and they invest huge amount in Britain. So we call it "Dog never bites another dog"  here. Dictatorships like each other.

Welcome to a thread other then your own but being a groupie of Erdogan, your criticism is hilarious.

6 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

No where have I made that statement. GO away.  Stop it.

Do you now deny you believe Kadr should have been compensated?  Because if you do not think he should have been compensated I will be pleased to retract my statement.

Mama make the bad Jew go away and stop it. Would you give that whining a rest and just once respond without whimpering.

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Given that we're a democratic people in a democracy it ultimately belongs on us.

Yah Hitler said the same thing at the Nuremberg rallies only he didn't bother with the word democracy. "The will of the people" he called it.

Yah you knew that.

Edited by Rue

13 minutes ago, Rue said:

Do you now deny you believe Kadr should have been compensated?  Because if you do not think he should have been compensated I will be pleased to retract my statement.

Mama make the bad Jew go away and stop it. Would you give that whining a rest and just once respond without whimpering.

I actually have no opinion on it. Stop shitting up this thread.

10 minutes ago, Rue said:

Can you tell Justin that. He did not consult with any Canadian when he made his back deal with Kadr or when he flew with the Aga Kahn at Christmas and had a private vacation with him while at the same time awarding his charities government grants.  "It ultimately belongs on us". If you are referring to the huge deficits he has created, yes of course. That will be his legacy. Certainly the smiley  photo ops or his being the fist PM to march at the Halifax gay pride day avoiding pictures with his wife and children won't be.

This topic is Saudi Arabia and the weapons deal.  There is another thread regarding Kadr, maybe you should head on over there.

Saudi Arabia is a complete dictatorship and with a corrupt backward Wahhabi regime (the worse kind) which was behind 911 attack and many other terrorist attacks on the west. Now they are using the Canadian made armored vehicles sold to them to kill their own people (the shia population who oppose this regime). Any money made from selling anything to this stinky regime is blood money and I wish no part of that for Canada. Unlike USA, Russia, France, Britain whose economic growth is based on blood money, Canada is not like that.

8 minutes ago, Altai said:

You are sick and this is not my words. Your president said that israelis are sick.

This is not the first time you've shown your absolute hatred of Jews.  First they were all future criminals and now they're all sick.

Hmmm....I wonder where this comes from?

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

This is not the first time you've shown your absolute hatred of Jews.  First they were all future criminals and now they're all sick.

Hmmm....I wonder where this comes from?

If you mean Israeli kids, yes many of them are future criminals. They are thought to keep the stolen Palestinian lands in their hand and kill people to achieve that. Their parents are criminals and they will be a copy of their parents.

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

How democratic is it if we don't have a say in how our foreign policy plays out?

Are you suggesting we're not responsible for our government's actions?

If so, who is?

All I know is that when I suggest that voting is a waste of time I'm invariably informed that I'm being irresponsible.

Last week Capricorn also implied we have no control over our government. That said, I'm quite confident in suggesting she would be singing a completely different tune if we were talking about something else other than our complicity.

Whenever the discussion turns to that of our country's complicity in the fortunes of the dictators we're allied with however it seems all I hear is but but but...

We definitely deserve the government's we get and as far as I'm concerned we also deserve the actions that the victims of our allies direct against us in retaliation for refusing to do anything about our government's.

If we truly believe we don't have any say over our government's then we should be overthrowing them until we do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rue said:

Yah Hitler said the same thing at the Nuremberg rallies only he didn't bother with the word democracy. "The will of the people" he called it.

Yah you knew that.

Fuck off rue.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Any money made from selling anything to this stinky regime is blood money and I wish no part of that for Canada. Unlike USA, Russia, France, Britain whose economic growth is based on blood money, Canada is not like that.

Oh yes we are. We're worse actually because we should and do know better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

... Any money made from selling anything to this stinky regime is blood money and I wish no part of that for Canada. Unlike USA, Russia, France, Britain whose economic growth is based on blood money, Canada is not like that.

Guess again...Canada is a big arms exporter to the world for "blood money", and #2 for sales to the Mideast:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-arms-technology-trade-1.3458608

Canada is like that because....Economics Trumps Virtue

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Are you suggesting we're not responsible for our government's actions?

If so, who is?

All I know is that when I suggest that voting is a waste of time I'm invariably informed that I'm being irresponsible.

Last week Capricorn also implied we have no control over our government. That said, I'm quite confident in suggesting she would be singing a completely different tune if we were talking about something else other than our complicity.

Whenever the discussion turns to that of our country's complicity in the fortunes of the dictators we're allied with however it seems all I hear is but but but...

We definitely deserve the government's we get and as far as I'm concerned we also deserve the actions that the victims of our allies direct against us in retaliation for refusing to do anything about our government's.

If we truly believe we don't have any say over our government's then we should be overthrowing them until we do.

We are up to a certain point. But some things are done with out our approval. If we had to vote for this would it pass? Who does that money benefit? Does it benefit Canadians on the whole, or just a small group part of our very own military industrial complex?

4 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Oh look who suddenly has  no opinion. Lol in your ridiculous transparent attempt  deny you are selective with your opinions, you demonstrate the very selectivity I claim makes your comments a joke..

No opinion. My ass.

7 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Actually you do an  it can be found in the Kadr thread adding up the totality of your July 5,  6, 11. .

In those responses you stated Kadr's parents were to blame for his behaviour,  that someone does not need to be in the military to kill a soldier legally,  asked what laws Kadr broke, stated to Army Guy using the couched reference, "to many it appears" that Canadian soldiers are terrorists,  stated we did not go into Afghanistan to  try pacify, that Kadr didn'tthrow any grenade and Canada facilitates terrorism. I would remind you as well in your response on  July 12 to me t I should get out of your country and go back to Israel. then on July 13 on that thread in direct reference to Canada providing Saudis armoured trucks in that Kadr post you accused Canada of supporting murdering jihadists and you reminded the forum Omar Ben Laden was the worse Omar and the idiot comment that Obama was prevented by the military from closing down G Bay .

You also can be found at the top of p.61 of the Kadr thread on July 16 openly making a comment everyone can read that suggests you are sympathetic to the concept of ompensation to Kadr.

I brought up that just like your comment on July 16 on p.61 of the Kadr thread on the one hand you criticize Canada as being a terrorist state but on t he other will defend Kadr and you want to play me now that you have no opinion on Kadr?

You stated I was wrong to suggest you had an opinion on Kadr so I have now referenced your opinions.

I have challenged you for being a two faced selective hypocrate.

You piss on Canada as being terrorist but not Kadr. Its directly relevant to pointing out your contention on this thread is selective, and shows how you pick and choose what you find morally outrageous.

Your denial that you have an opinion given what you said on te Kadr thread is cowardly in my opinion. You posed yourself again as a victim being misquoted and denying you are selective when in fact in the very sentence you deny you are selective, you selectively pretend your opinions on Kadr don't exist.

For me you are a coward. You say things and then won't back them up and admit them.

By the way that July 12 response where you told me to  get out of your country and go to Israel which had nothing to do with the thread, showed what a bigot you are-what a nasty anti semite you are. You want to deny those words  outright as well too or do you want opose yourself as a misunderstood victim for making that vile pathetic slur?

You have no opinions on Kadr? Bull shit. You do. You have opinions where you openly sympathize and defend Kadr while calling Canada on the Kadr thread a supporter of jihadis and facilitating terror.

Now you are so gutless you run from what you say. Pathetric.  Shitting up your thread. Nope. Exposing it for the joke it is.

Your morally selective outrage is a joke. You are a farsical liberal who picks and chooses righteous issues to fret with guilt about while ignoring others.

By the way you miserable bigot, that outburst on the Kadr thread, its there for anyone to read in your July 12 comment to me.

Go on whine how it wasn't anti semitic and how you have no opinion and how I put words in your mouth.

Lol.

Trudeau not that you didn't notice could have cancelled the deal.  Like you his moral outrage is selective.

5 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Guess again...Canada is a big arms exporter to the world for "blood money", and #2 for sales to the Mideast:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-arms-technology-trade-1.3458608

Canada is like that because....Economics Trumps Virtue

Lol you need to be gentle on them.  They think we  were exporting  maple syrup.