Bam Bam !!!

Altai

Just now, Cannucklehead said:

I am by no means a soldier.  I dont have kids, but I do have some nephews that are too young for service.  But then again service is not mandatory in this country.  

Have fun cleaning up another mess in the middle east America.  

I'm from BC.

Others have volunteered. Why not you? Not enough outrage? These Kurds are your tried & true friends...right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gill_Rosenberg

You're pretty quick to send other folks' kids to war.

• Like 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

I'm from BC.

Others have volunteered. Why not you? Not enough outrage? These Kurds are your tried & true friends...right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gill_Rosenberg

You're pretty quick to send other folks' kids to war.

Well then give them a medal I suppose?  

How very canadian of you, that you must fight.  Why not go to Crimea then?

1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

Well then give them a medal I suppose?  

How very canadian of you, that you must fight.  Why not go to Crimea then?

I'm not going over there. I think the Kurds can take care of themselves as they've done for thousands of years already.

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

And you are obviously unfamiliar with Canada's withdrawal from the fight.     That's OK.

Wrong. Obviously familiar with that and not approving of it either. Two wrongs etc. etc. etc.

This is a serious blow to US credibility. Here’s what some Republicans had to say:

Our enemies and rivals (Iran, Russia, etc.) don’t abandon their allies; if we want allies to stand with America in the future, we shouldn’t either. Honorable nations stand by their friends.

Ted Cruz

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/disaster-betrayal-mistake-republicans-slam-trump-s-syria-pull-out-n1063251

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Just now, SpankyMcFarland said:

Wrong. Completely familiar with that and not approving of it either. Two wrongs etc. etc. 

???  Not sure what you mean....Canada wanted out of the ugly part (dropping bombs on people).    Harper would have stayed in the fight, instead of running to "police training for Iraq" and a half ass UN mission in Mali.

Hell, Trump still did more to engage and eradicate ISIL than Obama and his "red line".

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

???  Not sure what you mean....Canada wanted out of the ugly part (dropping bombs on people).    Harper would have stayed in the fight, instead of running to "police training for Iraq" and a half ass UN mission in Mali.

Hell, Trump still did more to engage and eradicate ISIL than Obama and his "red line".

Whip out those CF-18s. Can we borrow some bombs?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Perhaps you could reply to the comments of McConnell, Rubio, Graham, Romney, Cruz, Huckabee and Haley that criticize Trump’s action. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

You are missing the point....Trump campaigned on doing exactly what this is.    Then he won the election...they didn't.

I don’t think he ran on the make ISIS stronger platform. Keeping a modest number of soldiers in Syria alongside highly motivated local fighters is an efficient use of military manpower. 

The criticism today came from politicians, pundits and soldiers. Here’s Brian Kilmeade:

Ominously for Trump, even conservative Fox News aired dissent. Host Brian Kilmeade described the pullout as “a disaster”, telling viewers of Fox & Friends: “Abandon our allies? That’s a campaign promise? Abandon the people that got the caliphate destroyed?”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/07/trump-syria-us-troop-withdrawal-turkey

1 minute ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I don’t think he ran on the make ISIS stronger platform. Keeping a modest number of soldiers in Syria alongside highly motivated local fighters is an efficient use of military manpower. 

The criticism today came from politicians, pundits and soldiers. Here’s Brian Kilmeade:

Trump did quite the opposite, and now he has to consider other geo-political realities for the region (i.e. Turkey).   

The critics are not president.....Trump is.

What did Obama do ?    Far less.....

I like how people who are against unnecessary wars are now crying that Trump is a dick for not engaging in them, and side with Republicans whose foreign policy they have been against for years. If Obama did the same thing, they'd be singing his praises non-stop, and railing against all the Republicans who oppose him, but because it's Trump this time, all of a sudden they are all for being the world policemen, and they love the Neocons naow!

Obvious hypocritical double standard is obvious.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump has actually done pretty well for no wars compared to Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, and Obama, who all started or engaged the U.S. in new wars.

This was a campaign promise in 2016, so far so good.

Cold War, not Hot War. FTW

Reagan knows, MAGA. Trump doesn't even have a Grenada on his resume either.

So far, so good, indeed.

Edited by Yzermandius19