Art Exhibit Cancelled. Deemed to be Cultural Appropriation

19 hours ago, bcsapper said:

The racism isn't very underlying if white women get shamed into giving up their livelihood.  It seems quite overlying to me.

But racism TOWARDS white people isn't actual racism. The SJW set will tell you that only white people can be racist.

And Portland is about the most liberal city in the US. Which just shows you that no amount of purity ever meets with the sanctimonious demands of SJWs.

• Like 1

If by mix you mean take...not care to learn the context....put it in a doggy purse for status display to your bourgeoisie circle then sure......mix away.

2 hours ago, Boges said:

It does seem that mixing cultures is not the goal anymore. It's protecting from those nasty white people. 

In any context it would be pilloried as segregationist. 

6 hours ago, Argus said:

And Portland is about the most liberal city in the US. Which just shows you that no amount of purity ever meets with the sanctimonious demands of SJWs.

Portland is certainly not the most liberal city. 

It's the capital of White supremacy. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/the-hate-crime-in-super-progressive-portland-should-surprise-no-one/2017/06/01/d3b99782-46d8-11e7-a196-a1bb629f64cb_story.html

21 hours ago, herples said:

So you are just going to go in circles then. 

Only if you go with me.  Or we could both stop, and not change our minds or anything.

14 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Portland is certainly not the most liberal city. 

It's the capital of White supremacy. 

You don't see the irony in disagreeing with me about Portland being so liberal by quoting a headline which refers to 'super progressive Portland'?

Your article is an opinion piece from a student in New York who talks about Oregon's racist past history, and then, with absolutely zero evidence other than that he personally encountered racists when he was in the suburbs of Portland, calls it the 'white supremacist capital' of America.

27 minutes ago, Argus said:

the 'white supremacist capital' of America

Backwoods Idaho, not suburban Portland.  Other than being in the same corner of the country, I have no idea why anybody would tar Portland with that brush.

-k

On 5/29/2017 at 9:34 AM, Argus said:

Sounds like a triggering incident to me. And better make sure anyone who makes Swedish meatballs has the correct ethnic heritage and is cooking within the proper cultural context. 

Well, I am now feeling extra-triggered after discovering that the character Brunnhilde the Valkyrie will be portrayed as an African woman in the upcoming Thor movie. They have taken a character from Norse mythology and turned her into an African. This seems like exactly the kind of cultural outrage that people were upset with when Scarlet Johansson was cast to star in "Ghost In The Shell", or when Emma Stone was cast as the Hawaiian woman in "Aloha!"

If anyone needs me, I will be in my safe-space until I have had a chance to cope with this.

-k

......I wouldn't call it supremacist unless by supreme you just mean overly-represented.......Portland exudes "caucasianess".

13 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Backwoods Idaho, not suburban Portland.  Other than being in the same corner of the country, I have no idea why anybody would tar Portland with that brush.

-k

.......how many actors in Thor, besides Stellan Skarsgård, are Scandanavian again?  I think the offense would be Sir Anthony Hopkins portraying the All-father first.

12 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Well, I am now feeling extra-triggered after discovering that the character Brunnhilde the Valkyrie will be portrayed as an African woman in the upcoming Thor movie. They have taken a character from Norse mythology and turned her into an African. This seems like exactly the kind of cultural outrage that people were upset with when Scarlet Johansson was cast to star in "Ghost In The Shell", or when Emma Stone was cast as the Hawaiian woman in "Aloha!"

If anyone needs me, I will be in my safe-space until I have had a chance to cope with this.

-k

On 2017-06-02 at 0:46 PM, Argus said:

But racism TOWARDS white people isn't actual racism. The SJW set will tell you that only white people can be racist.

Portland doesn't even rank in the top 10 http://www.oregonlive.com/articles/13578106/portland_is_not_the_most_liber_1.amp