The Ill feeling between left and right on immigration

56 minutes ago, Omni said:

Your #s are a little inflated as usual, it's more like between 60-70% are in the 3 largest cities, but overall they are spread from Nova scotia to BC. Some would consider that a vast distance.

Indeed, they are also in Ottawa and Calgary and Edmonton and Surrey and such. That accounts for the 99%.

12 minutes ago, Argus said:

And where there are growing communities of ethnics they can live among.

I lived among ethnic communities in Toronto at one time, loved it. Educational in many ways, especially with regard to quelling amy fears of people of other colors, and the food was fantastic. 

5 hours ago, Omni said:

I lived among ethnic communities in Toronto at one time, loved it. Educational in many ways, especially with regard to quelling amy fears of people of other colors, and the food was fantastic. 

Oh, aren't you precious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omni said:

Perhaps if you tried it you could at least attempt to relax your xenophobic attitude, and maybe you could stop the insults and maybe even sleep better.

Relax xenophobia by importing Islam...the most xenophobic ideology created by humans, ever.

Right...

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Relax xenophobia by importing Islam...the most xenophobic ideology created by humans, ever.

Right...

Oh, Christianity did a pretty good job of it as well don't you know? Actually no you don't seem to, but immigration is one thing, xenophobia is another. The success of immigration has focused a light on xenophobes. They tend to scramble around like worms when you do that.

Just now, Omni said:

Oh, Christianity did a pretty good job of it as well don't you know? Actually no you don't seem to, but immigration is one thing, xenophobia is another. The success of immigration has focused a light on xenophobes. They tend to scramble around like worms when you do that.

Islam is the most xenophobic, antisemitic cult ever devised by humans. You're free to support it in all of its desires.

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is the most xenophobic, antisemitic cult ever devised by humans. You're free to support it in all of its desires.

I don't support any religion. I assume you have your head up one of the others. But I don't hide under my bed because someone from a Muslim country wants to come here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

I don't support any religion. I assume you have your head up one of the others. But I don't hide under my bed because someone from a Muslim country wants to come here.

I'm an atheist.

Islam is a cult/religion. Muslims practice it.

You're free to support Islam. Don't be coy. You support it by whitewashing it. Tasty food...right?

I'm free not to...free to disrespect it...free to call it out for its hatred preached.

Unless M-103 leads to blasphemy laws down the road in Canada that protect Islam from criticism...that is.

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm an atheist.

Islam is a cult/religion. Muslims practice it.

You're free to support Islam. Don't be coy. You support it by whitewashing it. Tasty food...right?

I'm free not to...free to disrespect it...free to call it out for its hatred preached.

Unless M-103 leads to blasphemy laws down the road in Canada that protect Islam from criticism...that is.

Why do I have to always repeat to your type? "I don't support any religion." And you are free to disrespect anybody you want I guess. And I'm free not to be so narrow minded.

Edited by Omni

Just now, Omni said:

Why do I have to your type? "I don't support any religion." And you are free to disrespect anybody you want I guess. And I'm free not to be so narrow minded.

If narrow minded = not supporting Islam...that I am.

Again: you're free to support it in Canada as it grows and becomes more and more dominating over the existing Kuffar. That's the plan.

Islam doesn't have other plans...

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

If narrow minded = not supporting Islam...that I am.

Again: you're free to support it in Canada as it grows and becomes more and more dominating over the existing Kuffar. That's the plan.

Islam doesn't have other plans...

I guess that's the third time I have had to inform you I don't support any religion. Why must I do that?

6 minutes ago, Omni said:

I guess that's the third time I have had to inform you I don't support any religion. Why must I do that?

It's similar to saying you're not for Nazism but you're not narrow minded enough to stop it or even be critical of it. Your first go-to is to compare Islam to Christianity like that excuses Islam's abhorrent behaviour globally. That's the calling card of an apologist.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

It's similar to saying you're not for Nazism but you're not narrow minded enough to stop it or even be critical of it. Your first go-to is to compare Islam to Christianity like that excuses Islam's abhorrent behaviour globally. That's the calling card of an apologist.

Nope, I'm just open minded enough to allow people from wherever into this country as we have always done, so long as they follow the laws of this country. If they want to bow their head in a mosque, a cathedral, a synagogue, or a church then so be it even if I won't join them. 

9 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

When I think of the number of times you've praised the west's malignant use of some of the most repellent proxies on the planet my first go to calling card that describes that praise is apologist.

You're free to be a hypocrite of the highest order.

8 hours ago, Omni said:

Probably because of all the time and effort you put into supporting Islam here.

8 hours ago, Omni said:

Nope, I'm just open minded enough to allow people from wherever into this country as we have always done, so long as they follow the laws of this country. 

And, of course, if they want to change those laws, that's okay, too. 

11 hours ago, Omni said:

Perhaps if you tried it you could at least attempt to relax your xenophobic attitude, and maybe you could stop the insults and maybe even sleep better.

I sleep fine. It's you who sees xenophobes under your bed at night. When two polls taken by left wing media organizations both show overwhelming support for value screening I guess that means most of the people in Canada are 'xenophobes' to you.

So going further with this theme of the conflict between left and right on immigration I'd like to address the left wing fascination with Islam as evidenced by almost all the left wingers on this site, and many, many 'liberals' throughout the West. They tend to like to throw around the term 'Islamophobic' which is a made-up nonsense word give the fear of Islam isn't at all unreasonable by any realistic definition. But the counter term s Islamophilia, which I believe large, sweeping numbers of the more politically active Left suffers from.

Islamophiia is the unswerving dedication to the defense of Islam by progressive liberals, to defending it against any and all accusations or criticism, without regard to merit, and to ignoring indefensible practices and social tenets of the religion. Islamophiles regard Muslims as a minority group in need of their paternalistic protection, and are steadfast in their attestation that Islam is no different than any other religion, and no more violent. If you point out thirty thousand Islamic terrorist incidents they will produce one or two non-Islamic terrorist incidents and wave them aloft triumphantly like Chamberlain returning with an agreement for  'peace in our time', to show that 'Christianity is the SAME! If you talk about the deeply violent misogyny of the Muslim world they will assert that women are sexually harassed in the West. If you point out polls and surveys taken in the Muslim world they will pretend that the Islam in western countries is an entirely separate Islam (even though virtually all imams in he west come from the middle east), and that, of course, no Western Muslim thinks that way.

Islamophilia’s most common manifestation is where progressives treat Muslims as vulnerable children whose feathers can’t be ruffled. The Islamophilia crowd damage Western democracies and Islam for they invite us to sacrifice elements of our own freedom to redeem ourselves against the largely imaginary sins against Muslims in the colonial past. They also invite Muslims to pose as victims and demand the rewards of such victimhood. The message of Islamophilia is that Muslims deserve to receive no flak at a time when Islam and Muslims badly need to be criticised.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/protective-cloak-islamophilia/#

This, of course, makes it difficult to hold any kind of rational discussion about the problem Islam poses to a western secular culture, since Islamophiles instantly become outraged whenever one asserts there even IS a problem with Islam. To their minds, the only violent people in Islam are a tiny, tiny minority of fanatics who probably have psychological issues. And none, of course, would ever want to come here. What's more, you must be an Islamophobe or Xenophobe to care.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

When I think of the number of times you've praised the west's malignant use of some of the most repellent proxies on the planet my first go to calling card that describes that praise is apologist.

You're free to be a hypocrite of the highest order.

If you could only come-up with an actual example...

9 hours ago, Omni said:

Nope, I'm just open minded enough to allow people from wherever into this country as we have always done, so long as they follow the laws of this country. If they want to bow their head in a mosque, a cathedral, a synagogue, or a church then so be it even if I won't join them. 

Back to our Nazi example...Nazism is just another facet of our Diversity = Strength. You won't join the Nazis...but you won't stop them, either. Besides, their bratwurst is tasty.

9 hours ago, Omni said:

If they want to bow their head in a mosque, a cathedral, a synagogue, or a church then so be it even if I won't join them. 

We're not talking about where various religions want to worship privately.  No one is talking about or even advocating preventing any religion from praying.  Nice try, though.

• Like 1