Suspected terrorist attack in London 4 dead including the attacker

kactus

4 hours ago, Hudson Jones said:

The rate is 40% and not 80% as you said earlier.

Nearly 40% of Muslim world’s population unable read or write: IINA Report

Which is pretty low compared to the average rate in the world, but it's not at the ridiculous number you made up earlier.

No don't misrepresent. The literacy rate for  basic ability to read or write modern Islam is not the same as the literacy rate to be able to read the Koran's version of Arabic. The two are no the same as you are very well aware. In fact its very likely even 20% of the Muslim world is sufficiently literate to be able to read the Koran and I wa s being generous. I've explained why.

Things are ridiculous to you because you play selective politics with Islam and Judaism because of your personal political biases you have made clear on this forum.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

A lot of civilians were hit by a vehicle first.

It doesn't really matter.  It was obvious his intent was to attack a government military institution.  Its like saying well the US bombed a couple buildings and killed some innocent civilians on their way to try to kill some terrorist.  Doesn't make USA terrorist, just causalities of war.  If this guy wanted to kill a bunch of civilians, there would be alot of good targets, better targets, that I won't name because I don't want to give any potential terrorist ideas.

10 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Those ages of Christian and Judaic violence haven't ended. For the former they have been going on for centuries, for the latter, since WWII. 

What of the "shake and bake", much worse than running someone over? Saturation bombing, millions dead, much worse. 

Right.  Everyone is a terrorist. Its not just Muslim extremists. Saturated bombings. What a friggin joke your comments are. Yah saturated bombings. Tell me you know ehere Sudan is? You know where Syria is? You know where Iraq is? You know where the Kurds live? You know what is happening in Nigeria, Mali, Malawi, Chad, Dahomey, Senegal. Saturation bombing? Is that what you all it?

Go play politics with someone else on this topic. You accused Christians of being terrorists now you engage in what some crap leftist trendy argument that you think the West and Israel are the moral equivalent of Muslim extremist terrorists? Right. Save it for someone who actually cares.

4 minutes ago, hot enough said:

The gall, the unmitigated gall.

No its not gall. Its leftist bull sheeyat. You boys think your sheeyat don't stink. It does. Trying to equate Muslim extremist terrorists to what you think are the actions of Europe or the US or Israel is a crock of sheeyat. So is the attempt to deny there is a link between Muslim extremism and what the hell is happening all over the world. You want to try deflect? What you want to argue Muslim extremism is no worse than what the Chritian and Jewish world are liable for? Save it . Its not gall its selective horse crap to change the focus.

As for Hudson Jones he can pretend all he wants that Islam is an evolved religion which all Muslims fully understand,. I get it. He's never been outside the bubble he lives in, His world like yours has never seen or been or witnessed what it is to live in a Muslim state. You rely on your friggin bubble and internet.

Edited by Rue
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, hot enough said:

There sure are a lot of experts ranting and raving about how well they understand it... 

Something we can agree on.  If only we could get to them before they get to us.

Typical of your kind, Rue. 

5 minutes ago, Rue said:

Right.  Everyone is a terrorist. Its not just Muslim extremists. Saturated bombings.

Not "saturated bombings", Rue, saturation bombing. That's what the US did to the people of Iraq starting in the early 1990s. And here we are in 2016 and US terrorism still has a devastating effect upon the people of Iraq.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rue said:

No its not gall. Its leftist bull sheeyat. You boys think your sheeyat don't stink. It does. Trying to equate Muslim extremist terrorists to what you think are the actions of Europe or the US or Israel is a crock of sheeyat. So is the attempt to deny there is a link between Muslim extremism and what the hell is happening all over the world. You want to try deflect? What you want to argue Muslim extremism is no worse than what the Chritian and Jewish world are liable for? Save it . Its not gall its selective horse crap to change the focus.

As for Hudson Jones he can pretend all he wants that Islam is an evolved religion which all Muslims fully understand,. I get it. He's never been outside the bubble he lives in, His world like yours has never seen or been or witnessed what it is to live in a Muslim state. You rely on your friggin bubble and internet.

Nothing there about the facts. You rant and rave about one little attack in the UK - this is always the shtick used, when all one has to do is look at what the west has done, is doing to countries all over the world. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, hot enough said:

Cryptic is simply pretending you are saying something when you aren't, still, ever, saying anything of any importance, of any veracity, of anything remotely resembling facts or truth. 

No, it's just a way of having fun. 

Personally, I'll cut the Muslims some slack when I hear of a terrorist attack and actually have to wonder who did it.  As it is, when the news reported a car driving through a group of tourists, every single one of us knew it was gonna be a muslim - I knew it, and every one of us knew it too! 

7 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Personally, I'll cut the Muslims some slack when I hear of a terrorist attack and actually have to wonder who did it.  As it is, when the news reported a car driving through a group of tourists, every single one of us knew it was gonna be a muslim - I knew it, and every one of us knew it too! 

Flip the situation, powerful Muslim countries, or any powerful countries invade Canada or the US, kills millions of people, rapes women, kills children with wild abandon, steals the wealth that should be feeding your kids, your nieces and nephews. What would you do?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, taxme said:

How come when someone shoots and kills another person all gun owners get to be lumped in with those killers?

Go ask that to the anti-gun lobby.  I don't oppose guns so its not my view.

I could try to guess what their argument is from my friends who are anti-gun.  I think it is something along the lines that increasing the general availability of guns provides more access to people in general, there are lots of idiots in society who shouldn't get near a gun and lots of criminals and criminals with girlfriends/boyfriends who have clean records so can get guns and give them away to the criminals who are shooting off each other and innocent people by accident.  Usually their argument is, think of the dumbest person you know, then they'd ask do you want them having a gun?  Usually the discussion comes down to, they just don't want people having guns who aren't cops (these are usually city people), they think it is just a bad idea but never really articulate their point well to me.

The only good anti-gun argument I can think of is that it escalates arguments into shootouts, when you have stand your ground type laws (aka shoot first laws) in states.  I think people should be able to use guns for self defence of home, self defence of cars and valuable property, self defence of land and the person.  That doesn't mean you get to shoot someone because you thought... or because they punch you in the face, if you having a life or death fight and can prove it then yes, but it should not apply to people who look for trouble or go following people around.

7 hours ago, taxme said:

Why are people always the target of these terrorists, and never politicians? It is the politicians that always create the problems, not the people who always end up taking the bullet.

Just curious. 

I believe that politicians are the real target but terror groups do not have a conventional army, and no ability to engage in conventional warfare.  As a result, they engage in asymmetrical warfare.  Which basically just means hit your enemy where they are weak.  Where are Western nations weak?  Well our politicians are very well protected.  We seen a terrorist try to kill Harper and get shot dead by the seargeant of arms.  Yet he was able to take out a soldier along the way. Western nations weakness from a military perspective is their open society.  Meaning civilians.  Now of course we could just become a police state and put officers with bomb sniffing dogs on every corner, but then we would be nazi germany or communist russia (which some politicians seem to not mind). 

Then again, how many people from bombed out weddings in Iraq anf Afghanistan asking why are their people always the target of our own terrorist governments?  How come Afghanistan got bombed for over a decade before Osama Bin Laden was hit?  People will say well Osama used civilians as shields, but aren't our own politicians? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Argus said:

This guy was born in the UK. What does that have to do with him?

We don't know this guy. However, I suspect that he might have connections with another part of the world where the West's policies has created a sense of resentment and has allowed for him to become a tool.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Flip the situation, powerful Muslim countries, or any powerful countries invade Canada or the US, kills millions of people, rapes women, kills children with wild abandon, steals the wealth that should be feeding your kids, your nieces and nephews. What would you do?

As I said, I couldn't give a shit who thinks who started what.  This is where we are, you can bend over and take it all you want, you can justify driving a car through a group of people.  All it shows is that you have more compassion for the killers than the victims - Bravo, you must feel so enlightened.

Edited by Hal 9000
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, marcus said:

We don't know this guy. However, I suspect that he might have connections with another part of the world where the West's policies has created a sense of resentment and has allowed for him to become a tool.

Oh, you mean he wasn't just some crazy acting alone, colour me surprised!

5 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

All it shows is that you have compassion for the killers than the victims - Bravo, you must feel so enlightened.

It shows nothing of the sort. I asked you to entertain a hypothetical and you don't possess the honesty needed to do that. You don't care who started it, and you think I am showing compassion for the killers. What weird logic is that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hot enough said:

It shows nothing of the sort. I asked you to entertain a hypothetical and you don't possess the honesty needed to do that. You don't care who started it, and you think I am showing compassion for the killers. What weird logic is that?

As I said, this isn't political and it's not even revenge, it's religious.

5 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Still can't imagine what you would do if someone entered your home and slaughtered all your relatives, eh, Hal?

I know what I wouldn't do.  I wouldn't go kill their neighbour's kids.