Why all the worldwide turmoil? (9/11 thread)

59 minutes ago, betsy said:

So, stop trying to make victims of the hijackers who deliberately slammed those planes into the towers! 

Start a new thread and then show us the proof from the US government that the alleged hijackers were responsible for the things they have been accused of. 

7 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Start a new thread and then show us the proof from the US government that the alleged hijackers were responsible for the things they have been accused of. 

Who flew the planes into the building?

• Downvote 1

While you are at it, bring the US proof forward that Osama bin Laden was the leader for the 911 attacks. All in a new thread, of course. 

2 hours ago, Wilber said:

No, aside from the atrocities committed in the name of religion, religion was used to advance other ambitions. That is the point I was making.

I suppose I agree on some levels.

However, I doubt the current mess in the Middle East translates well into the rise of Swedish Nationalism and such. Remember, the eventual separation of church and state that peaked in the 1960s is a Western thang. I think we're now on the down-slope of that wee bit of joy. Diversity being a strength and all...old ways must give way to...well...even older ways.

7 minutes ago, hot enough said:

While you are at it, bring the US proof forward that Osama bin Laden was the leader for the 911 attacks. All in a new thread, of course. 

Who flew the airplanes into the buildings?

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

I suppose I agree on some levels.

However, I doubt the current mess in the Middle East translates well into the rise of Swedish Nationalism and such. Remember, the eventual separation of church and state that peaked in the 1960s is a Western thang. I think we're now on the down-slope of that wee bit of joy. Diversity being a strength and all...old ways must give way to...well...even older ways.

Hopefully Islam is on the same path because it isn't going away. The Koran can't have anything on the Old Testiment when it come to gems for religious nutters to wax extatic.

1 minute ago, Wilber said:

Hopefully Islam is on the same path because it isn't going away. The Koran can't have anything on the Old Testiment when it come to gems for religious nutters to wax extatic.

Unfortunately, the Quran has a "Do Not Revise" sticker right on the inside jacket.

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Unfortunately, the Quran has a "Do Not Revise" sticker right on the inside jacket.

Ya well, The church excomunicated Galileo to. These things take time. I don't think most Christians believe the earth is 6000 years old even though the Bible still says so.

14 minutes ago, hot enough said:

New thread, Wilber. This one is about the science that shows that the US government official conspiracy theory is wild, cockamamie bunko.

Nope, you started this. You are the one making outlandish accusations and calling those who dissagree with you Nazis. Put up, or shut up. Answer the question.

13 minutes ago, hot enough said:

US government official conspiracy theory is wild, cockamamie bunko.

The US government says that 10 hijackers flew 2 planes into the WTC twin towers, is that a wild, cockamamie bunko conspiracy theory?

The US government says that those 2 planes caused massive damage and started large fires, is that a wild, cockamamie bunko conspiracy theory?

The US government says those hijackers were supported by Osama bin Laden, is that a wild, cockamamie bunko conspiracy theory?

6 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Ya well, The church excomunicated Galileo to. These things take time. I don't think most Christians believe the earth is 6000 years old even though the Bible still says so.

The Bible doesn't claim to be the very word of God.

Just now, Wilber said:

Tell that to some Christians.

Christian scholars don't view the Bible as the very word of God. The red bits are attributed to Jesus, however.

The Quran, however, was dictated to Mohammad by Allah via the Angel Gabriel after a night-flight to the 'furthest mosque'. Your own incredulity won't allow you to take that seriously.

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Certainly there are claims in the New Testament that included the words of Jesus. There are also some direct claims like the stone tablets being the written word of God.

Jewish OT scholars would be among the first to tell you that it was a collection of tales from long ago as opposed to a direct communication with Yahweh. 

Thou shalt not kill doesn't exist in the Quran. Death and murder are permissible under certain conditions. This causes A LOT of turmoil worldwide, as we can all see...well...except those in denial or on team Islam.

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Jewish OT scholars would be among the first to tell you that it was a collection of tales from long ago...

I believe the issue being addressed however is does the Bible claim to be the word of God. Sure scholars will tell you otherwise, and many people like myself will tell you it is complete fabrication of man, but that was not the question.

And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God. - Exodus 31:18

33 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

The US government says that 10 hijackers flew 2 planes into the WTC twin towers, is that a wild, cockamamie bunko conspiracy theory?

The US government says that those 2 planes caused massive damage and started large fires, is that a wild, cockamamie bunko conspiracy theory?

The US government says those hijackers were supported by Osama bin Laden, is that a wild, cockamamie bunko conspiracy theory?

You forgot the part about bin Laden and Al Queda claiming responsibility for the attacks.

Just now, ?Impact said:

Yes, but they were also replaced. The language is a little ambiguous if Moses was a scribe in the copies, or if God himself wrote them as he seems to have intended.

None-the-less re: angels on pinheads...Jews aren't taking their Talmud (et al) literally.