Canadian Muslims demanding end to free speech / Canada's Anti-Islamophobia Committee will begin meetings next month

Argus

Look at how the Ontario government escalated vs Jordan Peterson with that whole pronoun debacle.  Cultural marxism is knocking on our door. You may scoff now, but I don't want to live in a country of Orwellian thoughtcrime, neither do I want an emulation of the American mode (shout, lie and slander). But the government definitely needs to repeal antiquated laws regarding blasphemy. England did it a decade ago. I blame the catholic influence in ontario and quebec.

Edited by BillyBeaver

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So the government is going to start enforcing them ?  I don't think so.  It would be highly unpopular and a waste of resources.  This is just scare mongering for the highly gullible in my opinion.  This is also why we can't discuss culture in a civil way.  90% of the discussion is just irrational, misplaced bigotry.  I'm ready to have a discussion on culture, but few others seem to be.

Haven't we had various attempts by Provincial Human Rights bodies to do that?  Going from memory here, but I think we have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemous_libel#Canada

Last prosecution of blasphemy laws in Canada seems to be from 1935, because it was insulting to the majority.  Please state if you are concerned that:

a ) Blasphemy laws will be used again or

b ) Blasphemy laws will be used again ONLY to prosecute those who criticize Islam

15 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I asked for a quote or original source, and you provided shyte.

How many sources do you need to be given to you before you start to wake up? Geez, I guess that I got you but you still appear to want to fight me on this. You are not winning.

You are starting to remind me of those loser democrat liberals in America who just won't quit even though they have lost the battle.  But just keep on banging your head against the wall. Have fun. Enjoy.  :D

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

They enforced blasphemy laws ?  Ok.  I don't think so but I'll check...

Not enforced.  Attempted to.  And maybe not blasphemy, but general insults. (or valid criticism, depending on who you ask)  Equally wrong.

Edited by bcsapper

1 minute ago, taxme said:

How many sources do you need to be given to you before you start to wake up?

One real source. Have you read the text of the motion? Obviously not because your allegation is not supported by it in the least. You listen to Levant and then just repeat nonsense.

It's not a strawman if it has happened before in previous countries. look at how Islam attached itself to the left in Iran and then boom theocratic state. Go back a few centuries to India where muslims are peacefully living besides hindus and sikhs for decades; muslim warlord shows up, boom muslims turn on their neighbours and start the purge. I'm not interested in fixing things that aren't broken. I don't believe in indulging states and ideologies that are proven backwards, oppressive and violent. SA buying their way onto the human rights council in the UN is everything that is wrong with the world today.

You can ostrich this issue and claim that my reaction is disproportionate but politcal change is sudden and swift and all Canadians must be willing to stand up and defend our culture and the Charter when it is infringed upon.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

No.  Anybody else here want that ?  If nobody steps up, then we can burn this strawman to the ground and stop panicking maybe.

It may just go nowhere now, now that the word is out. But this motion may have become law if it was not found out and reported on. Hey, you never know. 

1 minute ago, BillyBeaver said:

It's not a strawman if it has happened before in previous countries. look at how Islam attached itself to the left in Iran and then boom theocratic state. 

You are comparing Canada to revolutionary Iran here.  Think about that.

Are you concerned that we will be passing a law disallowing insults of a single religion ?

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Ok - so what is the relevance here ?  Do you think that we are in danger of having a law protecting religion, or one religion from criticism ?

It wouldn't matter.  I'm not one who thinks the slippery slope argument is a good one against doing what is right.  I just don't think M-103 is right.

We already have HRCs who seem to be able to do things that are equally ridiculous, though, so we wouldn't actually need a law.

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok - so what is the relevance here ?  Do you think that we are in danger of having a law protecting religion, or one religion from criticism ?

When a religion that lays out the penalties for apostasy and blasphemy so harshly in its tenets gets recognition and the makings of separate protections above and beyond those outlined in our constitution for all religions, we are in danger of becoming the theocratic state that Islam promotes.

Edited by BillyBeaver
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't think it's the NUMBER of sources but the quality of sources that will convince the mass of the citizenry.

I gave everyone here many sources for this motion to be looked at and read. Are you trying to tell me that those websites and what has been reported on Google and Youtubs may not be factual sources because that is what I am getting from you. Even the CBC reported it. What more does anyone need? 

Just now, BillyBeaver said:

When a religion that lays out the penalties for apostasy and blasphemy so harshly in its tenets gets recognition and the makings of separate protections above and beyond those outlined in our constitution, we are in danger of becoming the theocratic state that Islam promotes.

I think I have come out against special treatment here.  So I have made a declaration.  Are you actually concerned that this is really going to happen or not ?

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

I guess I don't.  Anyway, if it makes you feel better I would go out and protest if they tried to pass such a law.  And if I would then millions of others would too.

And I would be out there also. How dare anyone even try to put a motion like this one forward, and maybe try to make it the law. We must be thankful for the many groups of people who have already demonstrated against this communist piece of nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think I have come out against special treatment here.  So I have made a declaration.  Are you actually concerned that this is really going to happen or not ?

Do I think it will happen overnight, no. Am I concerned about the possibility, yes. Especially seeing the culture war that is going on in Europe and the USA. I want Canada to retain its secular multiculturalism without this marxist bullshit. Minority this and minority that when the real minority sits on trillions of dollars using us as debt slaves.

Edited by BillyBeaver
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

No, I think not, and I am not really concerned that this would ever go anywhere. My reason for creating this thread was to let people know that there are certain groups in Canada who will try to push thru silly azz motions like this, and to report such nonsense. It never hurts to do so. We must be on the ball for enemies like this muslim MP. And this MP is an enemy to Canada, and it's traditions, heritage, and values. There can be no argument there. 

2 minutes ago, BillyBeaver said:

Do I think it will happen overnight, no. Am I concerned about the possibility, yes. Especially seeing the culture war that is going on in Europe and the USA. I want Canada to retain its secular multiculturalism without this marxist bullshit. Minority this and minority that when the real minority sits on trillions of dollars using us as debt slaves.

I think I know what you mean, and who is behind it, and has us all as their debt slaves. They truly are the enemy, and the ones behind the push for this marxist nonsense.

Why is it that the minority always gets to rule over the majority in Canada? Laws are getting created by minorities who get to then rule and control the majority of their thoughts and beliefs. We need Citizen Initiated Referendums in Canada like they have in Switzerland where the majority can vote on whatever as to whether they want to be ruled over by a minority. Works for me. 

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

No, I think not, and I am not really concerned that this would ever go anywhere. My reason for creating this thread was to let people know that there are certain groups in Canada who will try to push thru silly azz motions like this, and to report such nonsense. It never hurts to do so. We must be on the ball for enemies like this muslim MP. And this MP is an enemy to Canada, and it's traditions, heritage, and values. There can be no argument there. 

Actually, in my opinion its people like you that threaten our traditions. Canada has a history of tolerating unpopular thought. We have a culture of having many cultures. All this MP did was ask parliament to look into an issue, and you would label her an enemy of the state. Talk about uncanadian.

• Like 1