How many Vacations?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, blueblood said:

I knew dion was a dud, however I don't know what happened to McCallum to warrant his marching orders

Probably nothing… aside from the fact he spoke like Elmer Fudd and he always looked like he was about 3 hours overdue for his afternoon nap.  Likely the biggest strike against him in his role as Immigration Minister, he wasn’t a female or a visible minority.  Being an old privileged white male, I’m frankly surprised it took this long for Trudeau to show him the door. 

3 hours ago, blueblood said:

I knew dion was a dud, however I don't know what happened to McCallum to warrant his marching orders

He has a serous not so secret drinking problem killing him. He sadly is a heavy drinker who can't stop. He's killing himself.

I suspect one too many drunken displays behind the closed doors at cabinet meetings.

If this man was healthy he would be the Finance Minister.  He ran a bank for Gawd's sake. In his day he was a respected financier.

He has become addle brained. There are days when he is on public display he can barely stand.

Now it could be the booze or some other undisclosed illness. I do not mean to hit him when he is down but he is a drunk and there is a limit to how far you can carry one.

He's also old and been in politics a long time and is clearly burned out.

Trudeau has hated Dion from day one. He despises him. Dion and Trudeau have no time of day for one another. Trudeau dumping him this early is quite nasty.

Dion is no dud he just doesn't speak English well. There's a difference. You see in cabinet meetings he questions and speaks out. He got in a fight with Trudeau over China. Dion as past Liberal Leader spoke out about Chinese human rights violations quite loudly and criticized Harper for doing business with China. When Trudeau signaled he was sucking up to China Dion apparently disagreed and snitty Justin pouted and wanted him out.

29 minutes ago, Rue said:

He has a serous not so secret drinking problem killing him. He sadly is a heavy drinker who can't stop. He's killing himself.

I suspect one too many drunken displays behind the closed doors at cabinet meetings.

If this man was healthy he would be the Finance Minister.  He ran a bank for Gawd's sake. In his day he was a respected financier.

He has become addle brained. There are days when he is on public display he can barely stand.

Now it could be the booze or some other undisclosed illness. I do not mean to hit him when he is down but he is a drunk and there is a limit to how far you can carry one.

He's also old and been in politics a long time and is clearly burned out.

Trudeau has hated Dion from day one. He despises him. Dion and Trudeau have no time of day for one another. Trudeau dumping him this early is quite nasty.

Dion is no dud he just doesn't speak English well. There's a difference. You see in cabinet meetings he questions and speaks out. He got in a fight with Trudeau over China. Dion as past Liberal Leader spoke out about Chinese human rights violations quite loudly and criticized Harper for doing business with China. When Trudeau signaled he was sucking up to China Dion apparently disagreed and snitty Justin pouted and wanted him out.

Dion comes off as a dud, he gets very flustered, can't articulate well, and comes off as a very weak individual.  Perhaps Trudeau shouldn't have given him foreign affairs and kept him to the back bench.

too bad for mccallum being a drunk, abuse of mind altering substances have ruined many a people.

2 hours ago, Rue said:

Could you elaborate more on this? Perhaps with links to back it up?

I found the snubbing of Dion bizarre. Dion seemed to be one of the most qualified and competent people in Trudeau's cabinet.

On 1/10/2017 at 9:34 PM, -1=e^ipi said:

Could you elaborate more on this? Perhaps with links to back it up?

I found the snubbing of Dion bizarre. Dion seemed to be one of the most qualified and competent people in Trudeau's cabinet.

You have got to be kidding me. He was a hateful man, a man that would never bend from his ideology. And he burned every brigde out there.

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

Also a longtime Trudeau friend.  I'm just not sure how dangerous a largely philanthropic organization is to Canada's interests.

The trend is your friend, first we see the Chinese buying access to the prime minister that was debated as nauseum in QP, now we have the aga khan matter.  It shows that our prime minister can be influenced

17 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

So the Prime Minster has now admitted to breaking the law..........He had no choice but to fly in the private helicopter, to the private Island, of a man who's foundation receives money from the GoC and is registered to lobby not only the government, but the PM. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Trudeau asked him  to stop the environmental damage Khan is doing to the Island.

http://bahamaspress.com/2011/10/10/fitzgerald-aga-khan-destruction-of-the-exuma-sea-park/

On 12/01/2017 at 6:18 PM, Derek 2.0 said:

So the Prime Minster has now admitted to breaking the law..........He had no choice but to fly in the private helicopter, to the private Island, of a man who's foundation receives money from the GoC and is registered to lobby not only the government, but the PM. :rolleyes:

He sure seemed to have trouble finding the words when answering media questions.   Trudeau isn't known for having strong speaking skills, but geez... 45 uuhh's and aahh's in less than 2 minutes.  Those must have been some hard words to find.

The way he speaks is hardly of any consequence.  Chrétien certainly spoke a lot worse, and Mulroney (and Obama) do something similar, but less noticeable.  

I don't see the big deal about this.  It's not like cash for access.  The Ava Kahn is a well respected leader who does a great deal of charitable work.  Harper partnered with him on many projects for just that reason.  He's also a long time family friend of the Trudeau's.  

On 1/14/2017 at 11:46 AM, Smallc said:

The way he speaks is hardly of any consequence.  Chrétien certainly spoke a lot worse, and Mulroney (and Obama) do something similar, but less noticeable.  

I don't see the big deal about this.  It's not like cash for access.  The Ava Kahn is a well respected leader who does a great deal of charitable work.  Harper partnered with him on many projects for just that reason.  He's also a long time family friend of the Trudeau's.  

He broke the law, what don't you understand about this?? He broke a law that was brought in by martin. Is trudeau so special we should over look this? And now instead of doing his job and picked a new comish when her time was done,he gave her a 6 month extension. Now she is in conflict of interest. This government is so out of whack,they cant do anything right. And what a embarrassment to the country that the PM is under investigation and has not even finished 2 yrs in office.

21 hours ago, Smallc said:

I personally think it's a stupid law. If that's the only way to the island, it's the only way to the island.  

That is why people rent helicopters. Trudeau and his advisors are out of touch with the real world, and his PMO needs to be replaced. We seen this same act in ONT and now he has the same clowns working for him.

So Trudeau gets up and tells everyone that he will answer any question about his trip to anyone that asks, then when he is asked ''Have you ever vacationed with the Khan before'' He skipped it.  This is the worst PM we ever had.

Just now, PIK said:

So Trudeau gets up and tells everyone that he will answer any question about his trip to anyone that asks, then when he is asked ''Have you ever vacationed with the Khan before'' He skipped it.  This is the worst PM we ever had.

Mr Prime Minister...Mr Prime Minister. Are you a Muslim?