UN Resolution 2334 to block Israeli settlements.

wulf42

Just now, Canadianjim said:

I call all people ho commit atrocities terrorist. Even the Israeli settlers who made a 16 year old palestinian boy drink gasoline and then set him on fire, burning him to death from the  inside out. You don't believe that's terrorism?.

Good thing Muslims would never do such a thing, eh?

Just now, Canadianjim said:

I agree all   religious extremists all do that. Not  just one religion.

Israel won a war it didn't start.

A war started by a man that was throwing Jews into gas chambers.

I can see why it needs to be punished.

1 minute ago, Canadianjim said:

I agree all   religious extremists all do that. Not  just one religion.

Right, and I despise them all.  Proportionally.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal

lol  good one... proportionally.= some terrorism is ok.....

I can't let that one go.  Could you expand on that, so I understand exactly what you mean?

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal

4 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

You used the word proportionate, not me. The context you used it in seems to indicate you support some terrorism. 

Not at all.  And I mean, not at all in caps, bolded and underlined.

I despise all religions that hurt people in the name of their religion, proportional to the hurt.

It makes so much more sense that despising them all equally, in my opinion, and actually has nothing to do with terrorism, except where that is just another way of delivering the hurt.

Edited by bcsapper

Just now, bcsapper said:

Not at all.  And I mean, not at all in caps, bolded and italicised.

I despise all religions who hurt people in the name of their religion, proprtional to the hurt.

It makes so much more sense that despising them all equally, in my opinion, and actually has nothing to do with terrorism, except where that is just another way of delivering the hurt.

How does it make sense to you unless you are passing a judgement one what you consider justifiable.?

Example... is this proportionate ? 

House demolition is a method utilized by the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) in Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip against Palestinians. Since the occupation of the Palestinian territories following the Six Day War in 1967 down to 2015, it has been estimated by the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions that Israel has razed 48,488 Palestinian structures.[1]

15 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

How does it make sense to you unless you are passing a judgement one what you consider justifiable.?

Example... is this proportionate ? 

House demolition is a method utilized by the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) in Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip against Palestinians. Since the occupation of the Palestinian territories following the Six Day War in 1967 down to 2015, it has been estimated by the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions that Israel has razed 48,488 Palestinian structures.[1]

That's religious?

What about Catholics, who for years would not let people eat meat on Fridays?

Proprtional.  Critical thinking.  Remember that?

Edited by bcsapper

12 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

You seem to have based your question on a false premise. Since Catholics did no such thing. Anyone who didn't eat meat did it voluntarily.

Well of course it was voluntary.  In that nobody was hovering over them with an arsenal of rocks.  Still, I remember the fish from school.

That's what I mean about proportionality.  Slightly dislike the rule about meat on Fridays, because no-one got hurt (fishbones notwithstanding).  Really hate the rule about not drawing Muhammad, because people do get hurt.

I should clarify, I'm only really worried about current people.  If you want to bring up the Crusades and the Inquisition, well, go ahead, but I'll stop caring. 

Edited by bcsapper

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Well of course it was voluntary.  In that nobody was hovering over them with an arsenal of rocks.  Still, I remember the fish from school.

That's what I mean about proportionality.  Slightly dislike the rule about meat on Fridays, because no-one got hurt (fishbones notwithstanding).  Really hate the rule about not drawing Muhammad, because people do get hurt.

I should clarify, I'm only really worried about current people.  If you want to bring up the Crusades and the Inquisition, well, go ahead, but I'll stop caring. 

Oh i see. You believe that some good parts of the  religion justify the  bad parts. My analogy to your example would be. As long as i go and mow my neighbours lawn, it gives me a right to rape his wife. Because after all the good part is about his lawn being mowed for free.

Edited by Canadianjim
  • Like 1

Oh i see. You believe that some good parts of the  religion justify the  bad parts. My analogy to your example would be. As long as i go and and mow my neighbours lawn, it gives me a right to rape his wife. Because after all the good part is about his lawn being mowed for free.

Again, I ask for some much needed clarification.  I can't for the life of me see how you got there from the post quoted.

Edited by bcsapper

Just now, bcsapper said:

Again, I ask for some much needed clarification.  I can't for the life of me see how you got there from the post quoted.

Well i don't understand the conversation at all. My opinion is quite clear and consistent. History proves that religion has been responsible for  all kinds of death and destruction. There is no reason for it to exist any longer.  I don't consider one religion's atrocities any more or less horrible than  the  others. Meaning of course , there are no credible qualifiers, like eating meat or not. 

14 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

Well i don't understand the conversation at all. My opinion is quite clear and consistent. History proves that religion has been responsible for  all kinds of death and destruction. There is no reason for it to exist any longer.  I don't consider one religion's atrocities any more or less horrible than  the  others. Meaning of course , there are no credible qualifiers, like eating meat or not. 

That's okay.  The amount of stuff I fail to understand on here would fill Wembley.  But still, It would be better if you didn't ascribe to me opinions for which there is no basis whatsoever.

You said you despised all religions equally.  I said that I thought that was a position that did not involve any critical thinking skills, given how one religion is currently so much worse than all the others. (combined)

I would be more than happy for all religions to cease to exist, except, as DoP brought up, I'd be saddened to miss out on the next Messiah.

Atrocities do have varying degrees of severity and monstrosity.  I wouldn't consider the Catholic meat thing one of them, though.

Edited by bcsapper

4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

That's okay.  The amount of stuff I fail to understand on here would fill Wembley.  But still, It would be better if you didn't ascribe to me opinions for which there is no basis whatsoever.

You said you despised all religions equally.  I said that I thought that was a position that did not involve any critical thinking skills, given how one religion is currently so much worse than all the others. (combined)

I would be more than happy for all religions to cease to exist, except, as DoP brought up, I'd be saddened to miss out on the next Messiah.

Atrocities do have varying degrees of severity and monstrosity.  I wouldn't consider the Catholic meat thing one of them, though.

I have no problem with anyone's belief when it doesn't translate in to political  ideology. Most countries have evolved into understanding how important it is to keep religion out of politics. Religion as well tends to be the enemy of progress,. 

Let me give you an example. Worldwide the more religious a nation is the less progress is made. The less innovations and inventions.

Interestingly enough that also applies to religious states in America. The red religious states file far less patents for innovations and inventions than blue states do.

Religion has always been an obstruction to man.

3 hours ago, Canadianjim said:

Let me give you an example. Worldwide the more religious a nation is the less progress is made. The less innovations and inventions.

And yet, Security Council resolutions like this OP were supported and voted on by more religious nations.   The USA, with arguably far more innovation and technology than many others (including Canada), abstained.

On 2017-01-02 at 2:01 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

And yet, Security Council resolutions like this OP were supported and voted on by more religious nations.   The USA, with arguably far more innovation and technology than many others (including Canada), abstained.

Where you came up with that false equivalence is beyond me. (Russia, China, France)You are better off to try an explain why the American red states file less patents, rather than suffer from cognitive dissonance which must be somewhat uncomfortable.

Edited by Canadianjim

11 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

Where you came up with that false equivalence is beyond me. (Russia, China, France)You are better off to try an explain why the American red states file less patents, rather than suffer from cognitive dissonance which must be somewhat uncomfortable.

The U.S. includes all states and territories....not just the red states.   The "false equivalence" is yours.  

The Jewish State of Israel also has plenty of innovation and patents.

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The U.S. includes all states and territories....not just the red states.   The "false equivalence" is yours.  

The Jewish State of Israel also has plenty of innovation and patents.

I assumed you knew the difference between red states and blue states.  I apologize.

Israel also has free/ government paid for abortions,. Probably the reason the liberal jews are the  ones filing the  patents.

• Like 1

Irony would be Israel just using this moment in history (with war all around) to just gut Syria, Hamas and the PLO with an eye to not stopping like they were forced to do in 1973.

Had Israel been allowed to complete its counterattack in 1973, we wouldn't even be discussing Islam...my bet.

Edited by DogOnPorch