Trudeau Appoints more non-partisan (LOL) senators

Argus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Harper did mostly refuse to appoint senators due to wanting reform.

Trudeau doesn't really want reform. Though how he's pretended to do reform is politically impressive.

Harper refused to appoint Senators.....  until he appointed a whole bunch of political bagmen and hacks as Senators.  Awesome defence of Harper...  :rolleyes:

He made a process that is better than any other process that has ever been used to appoint Senators.  Is it "reform"?  I think so....  it doesn't go as far as I would like, but it is better than anything we've had.

5 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

So instead of appointing senators directly, you appoint people to appoint them for you.

Basically same thing, but the second one costs tax payers more money.

Having selection criteria other than being a party hack is a step forward.

How is it the same thing?

1 hour ago, -1=e^ipi said:

He didn't reform the senate. There was nothing that prevented people from appointing either people from other parties or non-affiliated people. Pretty sure Harper said he would appoint people from other parties if they were elected.

Harper said he would appoint Liberals?  And you believed him?  LOL. :lol:

Trudeau said he would appoint people for diversity, but he certainly didn't want diversity in the only way that mattered - thought. There will be no such diversity among his appointees. They will all be dedicated members of the liberal elites, with the same wildly out-of-touch cultural values which are so far to the left of that of most Canadians. 

Do you think you'll find a single one of these appointees who would agree that there should be a values test for potential new immigrants, or that face coverings shouldn't be worn for citizenship ceremonies? Not a chance! There will be no one in this group who is anti abortion, who doesn't love multiculturalism and bilingualism, and doesn't ooze sympathy for natives. None will be anything but aghast at the thought of the death penalty. And you know how opposition in cabinet and the polls showing public disfavor put a damper on McCallum's desire to increase immigration by 50%? I'm willing to bet every single appointee would vote to double or triple immigration if they could. As for budget deficits the more the better! These are the kind of people who believe we need to spend spend, spend on each and every one of society's ills, real or imagined.

25 minutes ago, Argus said:

members of the liberal elites, with the same wildly out-of-touch cultural values which are so far to the left of that of most Canadians. 

Yes, those psychiatrists and police officers and their liberal bias.

29 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Yes, those psychiatrists and police officers and their liberal bias.

The police officer in question was the one considered much responsible for the mishandling by the OPP of the native uprising in Calidonia, where she ordered OPP officers to let the natives do anything they wanted, and then had to resign and flee the country, much like Dalton McGuinty.

As for the psychiatrist, if you think you're going to find anything but leftists in a social science class, you need one.

Edited by Argus

On 10/31/2016 at 8:53 PM, The_Squid said:

Harper refused to appoint Senators.....  until he appointed a whole bunch of political bagmen and hacks as Senators.  Awesome defence of Harper...  :rolleyes:

He made a process that is better than any other process that has ever been used to appoint Senators.  Is it "reform"?  I think so....  it doesn't go as far as I would like, but it is better than anything we've had.

Ummmm... hello.....Harper left 25 empty Senate chairs for Trudeau to fill with Independent Senators Who Always Vote Liberal by Sheerest Coincidence Who Could Have Guessed?.

In another astonishing coincidence, the new Senators will barely have time to settle into the daily slog in their new careers of stealing per diems before Trudeau will require them to immediately pass as and when instructed by Peter Harder carefully consider his legislation to pass ranked ballots as 'electoral reform'. Next spring.

On 10/27/2016 at 0:23 PM, PIK said:

Activists need to be removed form government and schools.

Yes, we need pencil pushing drones instead. No need for opinions in those that are tasked with forming our laws. What we need are personalities that can go out on the campaign trail and repeat a script.

On 11/2/2016 at 1:23 PM, Argus said:

As for the psychiatrist, if you think you're going to find anything but leftists in a social science class, you need one.

What about economics classes?

What about psychologists like Jordan Peterson?

I think your claim is not correct.

34 minutes ago, overthere said:

No cites or links provided.

Has a psychiatrist ever provided a cure other than making people comfortably numb?  At best.

I didn't think I needed a cite for a well known fact:

Psychiatrists are medical doctors (MDs) who graduate from medical school, have a year of medical internship, and have 3 years of residency in the assessment and treatment of mental health disorders.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/psychologist-or-psychiatrist-which-for-you

Edited by Smallc

On 10/27/2016 at 9:12 PM, bcsapper said:

They are the best people for the job, given who the PM is.  I think that's the point of the OP.

Agreed.  Their job is to rubber stamp whatever legislation the PMO puts in front of them.  I think this pack of muppets will pretend to consider it for a while.  I don't know how that represents an upgrade from the old system, where they didn't pretend.